Sign in to follow this  
evulclown@gmail.com

@people moaning about being shot.

This is what I've gathered from this thread.

Victim: A normal person who enjoys this game and would like to see it become something better by giving constructive criticism. Labeled as a carebear and/or newfag by "Victors" generally without due cause.

Victor: A person who believes s/he is a hardcore badass capable of killing every single human being without fail in real life because s/he has pulled a virtual trigger for the last 15 years. If your opinion is slightly different than a Victor then you are a Victim. If you give constructive criticism (read "whining") then you are a Victim.

You're welcome to your own opinion' date=' it just happens to be wrong.

There would be no laws or rules or repercussions in this situation, just like in game. So why would it be any different? Guilt? Maybe, you get over that soon enough. Not everyone would, true, but they'd be the ones being shot.

Oh also, I can bench press Mike Tyson, I'm an Ex-Navy Seal, I ran Microsoft for a while, I've had more women than there are women and I eat raw Lions. I'm made out of titanium and I piss acid. Shall I make any blanket clueless judgements?

[img']http://www.mastersinit.org/geeks-vs-nerds/geek.jpg

Yes cause totally the ones trying to rebuild society would always fail @.@

Useless thread. You'll be the first to flip your shit and moan when shot in the back by a noob with a makarov. Stop complaining about the whining with a thread all about whining too.

Besides you're probably a keyboard warrior like the rest who think they're real killers all of a sudden. Playing a sim is way different than actually experiencing it. I'm sure you won't find all this epic loot you might have in real life. You won't be a victor. Sorry bud.

Looks like we got another victim here.

We've all be capped by makarov noobs before' date=' it's fine.

But then we learned to become [b']VICTORS, now we do the capping.

Sometimes we get capped too, by other wood-be victors, who sometimes ram us with their phallic horns and remain the victors.

This however, should not be your concern, this is high level shit I'm talking about here.

You, on the other hand, have barns to raid.

At least your life goal is complete: to be an utter joke :rolleyes:

There is no objective. This mod is an psych experiment determining whether or not the human race is worthy of existing. From the OPs perspective it isn't. Therefore he has his objective.

It doesn't surprise me that none of you are able to make any friends and thus get some team work going. Who wants to be near someone who moans as hard as you useless fools? Someone who is incapable of staying alive and avoiding dangerous people?

No one apparently' date=' for good reason, so go and get shot in the face more.

There's two types of people in the world: Victims and Victors.

You moaners are my bean farm, just like you would be in real life if the world ended. We'd be the Mongols, the Vikings, the Victors and you'd be our Victims moaning about how it's so "unfair" while your village gets ravaged.

[/quote']

If you say moaning one more time your gonna turn me on. Show of diversity in your vocabulary please. :D

It doesn't surprise me that none of you are able to make any friends and thus get some team work going. Who wants to be near someone who moans as hard as you useless fools? Someone who is incapable of staying alive and avoiding dangerous people?

No one apparently' date=' for good reason, so go and get shot in the face more.

There's two types of people in the world: Victims and Victors.

You moaners are my bean farm, just like you would be in real life if the world ended. We'd be the Mongols, the Vikings, the Victors and you'd be our Victims moaning about how it's so "unfair" while your village gets ravaged.

[/quote']

If you say moaning one more time your gonna turn me on. Show of diversity in your vocabulary please. :D

Moaning.

This is what I've gathered from this thread.

Victim: A normal person who enjoys this game and would like to see it become something better by giving constructive criticism. Labeled as a carebear and/or newfag by "Victors" generally without due cause.

Victor: A person who believes s/he is a hardcore badass capable of killing every single human being without fail in real life because s/he has pulled a virtual trigger for the last 15 years. If your opinion is slightly different than a Victor then you are a Victim. If you give constructive criticism (read "whining") then you are a Victim.

You're welcome to your own opinion' date=' it just happens to be wrong.

There would be no laws or rules or repercussions in this situation, just like in game. So why would it be any different? Guilt? Maybe, you get over that soon enough. Not everyone would, true, but they'd be the ones being shot.

Oh also, I can bench press Mike Tyson, I'm an Ex-Navy Seal, I ran Microsoft for a while, I've had more women than there are women and I eat raw Lions. I'm made out of titanium and I piss acid. Shall I make any blanket clueless judgements?

[img']http://www.mastersinit.org/geeks-vs-nerds/geek.jpg

Just saying "Nope, you're wrong" and not giving any reasons doesn't help your argument in the slightest.

And no it wouldn't really be any different in real life other than the fact that there is an excellent chance that you or the vast majority of the "Victors" don't know how to do the following things:

1) Mercilessly kill every single person you come across

2) Maintain and operate every single gun you come across

3) Easily survive in the wilderness

4) Run nonstop for an infinite amount of time

So just because you have survived a couple days in this mod (whether it be legit or more likely by disconnecting after you fail to kill someone and server hopping for loot) doesn't mean you can do it in real life with any sort of ease and complete lack of emotional response.

Just saying "Nope' date=' you're wrong" and not giving any reasons doesn't help your argument in the slightest.

[/quote']

Apparently you can't read, so why should I? I would imagine it's yet again full of baseless judgements.

This thread might be the product of DayZ's incredible success. A lot of people are Jumping straight into the Mod without appreciating the mechanics of a Military Sim. It will happen more and more as time goes by if DayZ's success is realized and monopolized.

Cross your fingers and save your energy, itputsthelotion because in time more and more players will complain about Arma game mechanics being too realistic due to lack of appreciation and understanding of this games purpose, which could lead to Kevlar vests or less bullet damage etc.

I love the 1 shot kill. I know that if I took a bullet, I'd go straight down like a crying baby. That's the thrill, Danger. I only spent a few days playing until I found my safe Zone, sneaking around, finding safe spots and crawling my way to victory until... I stepped out into the night without light. I cannot describe the sensation of finding a dead player...hearing running running footsteps behind you... then Zombie shouts behind you... then watching 1 blurry shadow sprint past you with 3 Zombies chasing and in all this time, I have no weapon at all! I'm praying out of fear that I'm not detected. Then I compare that to a 3 man-squad with AR's + full kits sweeping towns during day-light hours and I think..... meh.

DayZ does not need objectives. It needs to force incentives upon you that make you experience more fear. Lets say.... Server-wide food shortages, Seasonal effects that deplete your Hunger/Hydration/Body-Heat faster, Server-Wide Ammo shortages or even give bonuses for night activity by giving better loot during Zero-light hours.

Combine all this. You'll be working around the clock to stock up on food to prepare for seasonal weather effects. If you can't find enough, You have to explore during Zero-light hours. Perhaps you can't find enough ammo? Tough Shit Compradre, you're going to have sneak your way through the petrol station at night to find additional reserves.

I believe it can be done. All you have to do is decrease respawn percentages for certain periods of time, Increase respawn percentages from 9PM until 4AM, add seasonal effects as a 4 updates each year. Not all winters are white winters so no need for snow, just more clouds and rain will be fine.

Radical idea's that need to be in the suggestions area, went on a DaygaZm there :s

But this: --DayZ does not need objectives. It needs to force incentives upon you that make you experience more fear.--

Just saying "Nope' date=' you're wrong" and not giving any reasons doesn't help your argument in the slightest.

[/quote']

Apparently you can't read, so why should I? I would imagine it's yet again full of baseless judgements.

I took what you said and what that the people you labeled as "victims" said and created the definitions of "Victor" and "Victim". So in the end they aren't baseless blanket statements at all.

You see, this is my counter argument to you. It is now your turn try to rebut my statement with your own argument. Crossing your arms and just saying "You're wrong, I'm right." is a complete breakdown of the discussion process and renders your argument invalid.

And no it wouldn't really be any different in real life other than the fact that there is an excellent chance that you or the vast majority of the "Victors" don't know how to do the following things:

So just because you have survived a couple days in this mod (whether it be legit or more likely by disconnecting after you fail to kill someone and server hopping for loot) doesn't mean you can do it in real life with any sort of ease and complete lack of emotional response.

[/quote']

Why do people keep bringing this up? It really doesn't make any sense. This is a GAME which is not REAL LIFE, where the ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE isn't very likely to happen. I don't think any player who chooses to be a Bandit is running around saying to themselves "Oh, I'm gonna kick so much ass when the real zombie apocalypse happens! I'm gonna kill everyone for their loot!" No! That's ridiculous and as much as some social pariahs on the internet might claim they'll have no emotional response to actually murdering a person they are either lying, fooling themselves or are sociopaths. To take any claim like that seriously is beyond me.

But onto the point. I've been playing this game for a few days now, I think its been four. I've been killed by other players twice. TWICE! And one of those times was while I myself was attempting to kill another player from the roof of a firehouse. I've actually murdered two, maybe three people myself, the number of people I've met and actually come into contact with far outnumbers that. Even in situations where others have had the advantage and ones where I've had the advantage myself and those I've met decided not to shoot. Being a Bandit, protecting your keep, shooting first for safety are all aspects that would be present in a zombie apocalypse. I know I wouldn't just trust any ol' stranger once the world ended and the way of life as we know it was stripped away forcing everyone to scavenge for food and scurry for survival.

The zombies in this game quickly lose their fearful guise once you have weapons and know what you're doing. The game needs players to have incentives to kill other players in order to keep the game tense. Of course not everyone is going to shoot people on sight. I don't, if I'm not in a player killing mood I'd much rather avoid or try to team up with people than murder them for items I barely have room to carry, I don't get a sick thrill from it; at least not all the time.

There are already repercussions for killing other players, you may have killed them for loot, if so zombies in the area are likely on their way. Not to mention other players who may have heard the shoot out. The game is much more dynamic than "Shoot everyone on sight" and while some players may hold that mentality I've found, at least so far that most players are simply just as afraid of you as you are of them.

I only complain when I say "Un-Armed" and they look right at me, clearly seeing that I am and then boom. -_-. Other than that, I'm not fussed.

Or when I find a hatchet or Makarov after hours of searching, with food and water, lots of mags and bandages, and then get sniped from somewhere.

That moment.

That one moment right there that makes you want to quit gaming all together ._.

But other than that I don't care about dying. You're free game to anyone. Get over it :P

[/quote']

Why do people keep bringing this up? It really doesn't make any sense. This is a GAME which is not REAL LIFE, where the ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE isn't very likely to happen. I don't think any player who chooses to be a Bandit is running around saying to themselves "Oh, I'm gonna kick so much ass when the real zombie apocalypse happens! I'm gonna kill everyone for their loot!" No! That's ridiculous and as much as some social pariahs on the internet might claim they'll have no emotional response to actually murdering a person they are either lying, fooling themselves or are sociopaths. To take any claim like that seriously is beyond me.

I brought it up because the OP made a post saying it wouldn't be any different in real life than it is in game. Obviously us normal people (aka "Victims" ITT) know that this is by no means close to real life. These "Victors" however are so delusional that they honestly think their "e-skillz" mean a damn.

people dying to bandits.

MORE NEWS AT 11pm! STAY TUNED & KEEP IT CLASSY!

And now, here's the news at 11!

Water is still wet! Over to you, Jane.