Did a forum search as well as a google search and i couldnt find anything to put my mind at ease.

Currently i got 2 ghillie suits in my inventory(no i did not dupe), but im super sketchy about putting them.. Not long ago, week or so, I had a ghillie suit equipped, and when I logged into a server, just SE of the NW Airfield, I spawned 30 ft in the air and crash landed on the floor using my legs as shock absorbers, subsequently dieing.

Yesterday while playing with my friend, whilst he had a ghillie suit equipped he also spawned in the air and died, he was NW of the military tents in Stary Sobor.

Just wondering if this is a legit bug attributed to wearing a ghillie suit? I love fucken ghillie suits.. But they kill.

Never happened to me, I've been wearing ghillie for a while.

However script kiddies are able to fling people in the air for lulz.

Never happened to me' date=' I've been wearing ghillie for a while.

However script kiddies are able to fling people in the air for lulz.

[/quote']

A possibility I suppose.. but i find the probability of it happenin super slim. Kind of think its a bug, but I suppose I cant figure out all the conditions to make it reoccur, only thing i have to link the two cases together is the ghillie suit, constant in both situations.

Happened to my friend awhile ago, could have been related to wearing a ghillie suit. He spawned extremely high in the sky fell all the way down and slid down a tree so he didn't die, luckiest thing I've ever seen.

mmm maybe to better to hold off on equippin that suit then.. 3 accounts so far..

Hmm strange... It could be a bug related with a specific server, or as mentioned before just a coincidence that you happened to wear a suit while someone flung you in the air. I've had my fair share of Ghillie suits and I have to admit, this has never happened to me :S

Never been dropped from the sky, but one time I wore a ghillie suit and somehow from aborting to the lobby and coming back my body was duplicated just slightly off the ground, and I was able to access my own duplicated backpack. I went from 3 antibiotics to 6. :D

I fell around 10 foot upon spawning once and a friend on the same server but both of us never owned a ghillie, till today now we both have them and they're equipped. Hope we don't get another free fall lesson.

I think as long as you have the latest beta update applied, and you're on a server with the latest update too you should be fine.

Although I've spawned in the ocean from one before. But also wore one with no problems for 12 days.

A friend spawned into the ocean tonight from a camo suit. I'm not going near them until they're safe.

Yesterday while playing with my friend' date=' whilst he had a ghillie suit equipped he also spawned in the air and died, he was NW of the military tents in Stary Sobor.

[/quote']

So your friend was NW of the military tents in Stary Sobor? On the mountain perhaps? So we all can guess what he was doing up there ;):D:P

Yesterday while playing with my friend' date=' whilst he had a ghillie suit equipped he also spawned in the air and died, he was NW of the military tents in Stary Sobor.

[/quote']

So your friend was NW of the military tents in Stary Sobor? On the mountain perhaps? So we all can guess what he was doing up there ;):D:P

Sniping the military tents, what else? And i was stationed south of him on the opposite ridge :).

that's the reason why I only go there at night (not many people with NVG's).

U don't survive there anymore at daytime...

Tried it yesterday and nearly got shot... Thankfully he missed the first time and most of the people can't hit you, when U are running.

I'm about 99% sure this is not caused by ghillie suits and probably more than likely caused by hacker trash jelly of you finding nice gear. I've watched an entire server get slain by being dropped from the air, me and my buddy included, and we were not wearing ghillie suits.

Does that answer your question? I can't wait for arma 3 so we can rid the game of these fail script kiddies, not even worthy of the title "hacker".

The bug here may be that you log out "too quickly" after equipping either camo or ghillie. HIVE may not register "in time" if you go too early after that, thus it may result in the "spawn in the air / ocean bug."

That's why you should wait for a while after equipping, before it saves properly, in theory. And once that's done, you wouldn't have any problems unless changing to something else again. Unless a new bug popped up, that is.

Ive had no problems with the two ghilliesuits ive worn, but i got dropped in the ocean when i wore camoclothing. This was not with 1715 though

So I just scored a ghillie, g17, and a CZ550...... did not need to see this thread...... next log in will be, tense.

In the event I don't die, might want to avoid cherno for a bit. :P

Stop being a pussy and put them on.

I've never had any issues equipping different skins but I guess I'm just lucky :)

been wearing ghillies since they were put in the game and not once had this happen to me, currently been wearing one for 9 days without incident. Looks like you were the victim of a spotty little script kiddie.

dude, if you find a ghillie suit, wait about 20 min before putting it on. I made a mistake with #4 that i found, put it on straight away and I was put in limbo world - swimming half way through the map. Upon reconnecting the ghillie was gone :(.

Found my 5th ghillie today, waited good 20 min prio to putting it on and it works flawlessly :)