PinkTaco24

Unless we get flags/effects for murder, this game will just be Deathmatch.

Before everyone flies off the handle at the title, I'm only explaining what IS happening. I don't know the design intentions of this game. Maybe a Deathmatch style game is what the designers want. Again, I don't know..

I'm just presenting the notion that unless there is a penalty to murderers, that is all we will and do see.

Currently there is ZERO penalty for killing another player. In fact, there is only reward. Their loot. In a system such as this, its not only the smart option from a defensive standpoint, its the smart option from a tactical standpoint. No penalty, and free gear. Finding another player is like finding a goldmine. All benefit. This is a video game, an in that sense players will reap the rewards if they are handed to them. If you want to start arguing it may be 'unrealistic' to have a murderer flag system.. then I say its also 'unrealistic' to have no penalty to murdering someone. In real life we have penalties for murder. In this game currently, we don't.

In any other game that has this kind of system(where you loot all gear) there is almost always a penalty to murdering innocents. If anyone has played ultima online, you know what I am talking about.

I suggest a system be in place for players to see those who murder frequently and those who don't. I understand bandit skins were used for this purpose, but I think it would need to be account wide not life wide.

But again, all this is under the assumption a deathmatch style game is NOT what the developers want. I actually don't know. But as this game stands, thats exactly what we have. Personally I would prefer to not have a deathmatch style game, where every player you see its kill or be killed. But, if that's the way the game goes.. I doubt I will quit or anything outrageous. Its just more into the 'shooter' style of play rather than 'survival' style of play.

---------- I propose a flagging system as simple as this ------------

1. Killing an innocent or shooting an innocent(but not necessarily killing) nets you a bandit/murderer skin for X amount of minutes. (5,10,20, whatever)

2. Killing an innocent nets you a murder tally.

3. After Y amount of murder tallys, you are constantly flagged as a bandit/murder until your tally count goes back below the threshold

4. After Z amount of hours played, you lose 1 tally.

5. Survivors can kill bandits at no penalty.

6. Bandits can kill bandits at no penalty.

7. If someone initiates aggression against a survivor, they can fight back and kill the aggressor without penalty.

So if you choose to, you can still murder freely. You just simply murder other murderers. If you choose to murder indefinitely, you run risk of being an obvious open target. EVERYONE is still technically an open target.

• Like 6

Nothing wrong with that...it just adds some adrenaline when you meet another survivor and he says nothing after you ask "Friendly???

im pretty sure deathmatch is not what the devs where looking for in this game. I only hope they fix the bandit system before its too late. Its not me crying about getting killed, its me crying about the game and the consept of the game dieing...

Nothing wrong with that...it just adds some adrenaline when you meet another survivor and he says nothing after you ask "Friendly???

And my point is, the game will devolve to the point of not even bothering to ask 'friendly' anymore. Just shoot them. Because there is no reason not to.

That's my attitude to other players.

• Like 1

A victim is moaning ITT. Thanks for the beans, people would kill you IRL for your beans too if there was no laws to stop them. Mongels much?

Surviving Zeds is easy but not knowing how another survivor will behave when they meet you is what adds tension to this game.

A victim is moaning ITT. Thanks for the beans' date=' people would kill you IRL for your beans too if there was no laws to stop them. Mongels much?

[/quote']

And others would come after your ass and kill you for being a butchering murderer.

It works both ways.

At least in real life its KNOWN that mongel killed someone for their beans. And his friends come after you.

I'm sure glad everybody claiming 'deathmatch' knows all the numbers and statistics to back up such a well educated and non sensationalised argument for what can be the only possibility of things happening.

The bandit system was flawed and moronic, a binary system of 'evil' or not when the factors for becoming evil are much more varied than the results in no way improves or enhances gameplay or variety. It gives idiots a safety net telling them what they should do, even when that advice is very easily massively flawed, and that it not what day z is about. It doesn't hand hold you for anything else and the number of people advocating it should hand hold your human interaction actually saddens me.

A victim is moaning ITT. Thanks for the beans' date=' people would kill you IRL for your beans too if there was no laws to stop them. Mongels much?

[/quote']

QFT

And others would come after your ass and kill you for being a butchering murderer.

It works both ways.

At least in real life its KNOWN that mongel killed someone for their beans. And his friends come after you.

Spend a lot of time in a society where there is no communication or ways to spread information at all? You don't have anyone to tell you who is a wanted murderer. :dodgy:

I'm sure glad everybody claiming 'deathmatch' knows all the numbers and statistics to back up such a well educated and non sensationalised argument for what can be the only possibility of things happening.

Just look at the posts in this thread...

They pretty much all admit to 'yeah i shoot any player i see.'

I started out trying to be friendly too. But when everyone just shoots you with no word, it holds a striking resemblance to other games.. like quake 3 arena.

go respawn on a server, any server, and we will see how long it takes for someone to shoot at you, even though all you have is a bandage and a flashlight...

Oh look, another moron who never leaves Cherno crying about how people shoot him all the time. ¬.¬

The game will only be what we make it into.

To quote myself from another thread:

DayZ the wild west and MINDLESS PvP solution

Ive recently set up the new dayz server, I like to play games with people that share our communities interest, your know, nice folk like you and me. So I've adapted out teamspeak server to cater better for DayZ. Separate rooms for groups to join and call home. Its free to use and everyone is welcome, just dont act like a dick...

Im happy and willing to create for you and your group a dedicated, passworded room within TS3 for you to use. Id like you feel that our TS3 and DayZ server is your home in the zombie apocalypse.

So whats this got to do with PvP?

Simples -

I hope to be able to get 10 or 20 groups of 4,5, 6 peeps each. I hope this will create a new dynamic within DayZ. Groups will set up camps in areas, claim certain towns as their pissing ground. Members of each group can join a mutual channel to talk, make deals/truces.

I hope to see this dynamic lead to other events, like public execution of rouge group members, group trading, friendships, pacts, alliances, group wars....

PvP happens, but its the meaningless murders that bore, hunting noobs for a box of matches or a bandage or worse still, just another +1 murder in the debug box.

We can reduce this by forming a super group made up of many groups.

Due to the rules set by the devs I cannot enforce anything, that the beauty of it, your word is your bond in this game. But breaking your word within this super group could mean other groups banding together to hunt you and all your group down.

It ALL up to you, join, play, meet, trade, (betray), profit???

NOTE: to OP, change length of topic as every person that posts has to remove 3 characters from the topic title as it excess the limit of 85 once the RE : is added.

Oh look' date=' another moron who never leaves Cherno crying about how people shoot him all the time. ¬.¬

[/quote']

I really don't know the point of these posts..

you just re-iterate my point..

Substitute the word 'penalties' for the word 'effects' ( and not necessarily negative or positive ) for murder.

To penalize people for murder would cast negative judgment on what they did, and who is to say what they did was wrong or right. After all if doing such a thing helps them to survive, and we're all here to do that, how is it wrong?

A funny thing. When ever i decide to be a bandit i start meeting friendly people. Shitloads of friendly people. I had even seen 7-8 people in Cher just looting and not killing anyone

Substitute the word 'penalties' for the word 'effects' ( and not necessarily negative or positive ) for murder.

To penalize people for murder would cast negative judgment on what they did' date=' and who is to say what they did was wrong or right. After all if doing such a thing helps them to survive, and we're all here to do that, how is it wrong?

[/quote']

Actually, I like this. It should be rewarded.

Stop making stupid threads already. All we need is a bigger cake for teamwork, then people will work together to get the cake. Simple as that

• Like 1

Oh look' date=' another moron who never leaves Cherno crying about how people shoot him all the time. ¬.¬

[/quote']

out of all the time ive played this game, i dont think ive ever been in the center of cherno... not online...

I hope they put the bandit skin back into game, I liked getting a new outfit after some kills.

Shoot the well-equipped guys, help out the unarmed fresh spawns...it's how I operate. Chances are if you have good gear, you're going to shoot anyone else that has a gun, because they would do the same to you.

Having a lot to lose = quick trigger finger

It's exactly the way it should be.

Stop making stupid threads already. All we need is a bigger cake for teamwork' date=' then people will work together to get the cake. Simple as that

[/quote']

so you team up with a guy, you think you will get shot at any less?:angel:

Stop making stupid threads already. All we need is a bigger cake for teamwork' date=' then people will work together to get the cake. Simple as that

[/quote']

Do you read?

Thats basically what I said.

There is no penalty and all reward for murdering players. Not the case for NOT murdering them.

[/quote']

so you team up with a guy, you think you will get shot at any less?:angel:

I'm pretty sure that's one less guy shooting at you. So yes, it will get you shot less.