That's why I believe and this is just my opinion ppl that complain want to Pvp they are just always the one on the bad end of the stick so for them Pvp equals garbage, they needs nature , weather and pve

Or, and I'm just spitballing here, maybe people watched this:

And didn't immediately think of this:

Don't get me wrong. I love me some Battlefield. I've got 1300 hours on 4 alone. But using DayZ as a vehicle for constant PvP is like using an adjustable wrench to change a tire. It might do the job, but is it really what the tool was intended for? Conversely, couldn't it be used to do other jobs that a lug wrench couldn't?

First the 2 games and I' m speaking the pvp aspect of them are completely different. One is a arcade run and gun the other is a military sim, at least it was. The feelings you get from the two are completely different. I've played over 1300 hours of dayz standalone and my heart still races, My heart has not raised a beat by playing BF or COD, both fun and exciting but doesnt put you where dayz puts you, i think anyone can agree with that. Second your right DayZ is an adjustable wrench, and when have any of us said all we like to do is PVP, I use my adj. wrench to change tires alot but doesnt mean thats all I do. DayZ is a in depth game where even the littlest thing take more attention than other. I love having to drag my magazine out to put the bullets in than to put it back and so on . Your the one trying to hand us the lug wrench and guess what we're not taking it, we're keeping our adjustable wrench and if all we do is change tires with it so be it .

Trust me I get what your saying coldatrophy and I would love for some day the game to be where you go into a city there's crazy zombie hordes everywhere , there's one building where all the loot is at but the entrance is being blocked by a huge mutated zombie thing where you need to fight together to survive, the weather is so cold that you have to sleep next to another player for warmth. It sounds like you need to open your mind and role play a bit. Or here's something you tell us what you do in dayz? What's your regular day like what do you do on the regular ? Eat beans with randoms at the shore, start fires by the woods? Fishing? Hunting ? Farming? Lol enlighten us cold atrophy pls show us how u play the game better , and I'm serious mocking tone but I am serious

Tbh there's not much todo in the game besides PVP. Like what else am I suposed todo with all my gear, and there's hardly any surviving with there being no zombies and food being everywhere

Tbh there's not much todo in the game besides PVP. Like what else am I suposed todo with all my gear, and there's hardly any surviving with there being no zombies and food being everywhere

this is why ive been pushing for more unique towns/locations then simply urbanizing everywhere like they have been. each major city should have a big-draw facility or location that is exclusive to that city that contains a lion's share of a given item(s) on that server. Eg. you could have one town with a bigger more modern medical facility- if you or your friends need modern antibiotics this should be the GO-To best chance to find it.

lot of reasons for this but my top 3 are-

1. Organically creates conflict 'hotzones' having specific types of things condense in a well known locations.

2. Gives a real incentive to leave the coast and traverse the map by making some items pretty much unobtainable outside of these specific locations

3. Creates 'realistic' and authentic 'traffic patterns' since you can assume people will generally try to bee-line it from one High-value location to another. This crates great opportunities for smart players to take the 'route less traveled' and avoid any would be choke points- or use them to ambush others!

Edited by Sovetsky

DayZ does PvP better than any other game as far as adrenaline is concerned, which is why most people play it. You cannot recreate the sense of loss, frustration, and angst that DayZ offers. Even playing H1Z1's survival mode is "meh" when you die. No one has been able to recreate that experience for me, hence me continuing to play after 1,600 hours and the mess that the game is still in.

ditto

this is why ive been pushing for more unique towns/locations then simply urbanizing everywhere like they have been. each major city should have a big-draw facility or location that is exclusive to that city that contains a lion's share of a given item(s) on that server. Eg. you could have one town with a bigger more modern medical facility- if you or your friends need modern antibiotics this should be the GO-To best chance to find it.

lot of reasons for this but my top 3 are-

1. Organically creates conflict 'hotzones' having specific types of things condense in a well known locations.

2. Gives a real incentive to leave the coast and traverse the map by making some items pretty much unobtainable outside of these specific locations

3. Creates 'realistic' and authentic 'traffic patterns' since you can assume people will generally try to bee-line it from one High-value location to another. This crates great opportunities for smart players to take the 'route less traveled' and avoid any would be choke points- or use them to ambush others!

This is more in line with how the mod felt.  There were only hospitals in a few cities, there were a few spots with "big" industrials (remember when polana factory was actually a place to go?), the NWAF was the de facto place for mil loot (and to think it only had 2 barracks).

The mod had much better map flow because of the limitations on enterable/lootable buildings compared to the SA.  They've stated their goal is to try to recapture that, and they're getting better each patch, but it's still not the same since you can get pretty much anything, any where.  You can get the same mil tent loot in myshkino, starry, nwaf.  You can get the "new barracks" loot in zeleno, vybor, nwaf.  Etc.

So I completely agree, they need to make actual draws to more places.  They can still have multiple military bases but they should do something like make one spawn M4s, one spawn AKMs or whatever.  Obviously not every single time, but each should have a higher chance of a particular item to create a draw.

• Like 1

Funny being painted an asshat for PvPing at NWAF where you'll find all the guns you need to make a man suffer, like a group runs up there to start a campfire and doing social experiments. You learn the drift fast. You wanna win it or waste it? Unless you like wasting time and die while doing so. 

I agree. Unfortunately, most of the playerbase would obviously disagree with us. Putting yourself into gunfights constantly is not something someone who has a primary goal of continuing to live would do.

I'd also argue against your point that PvP should not be everywhere. I think there should be no breaks in tension. You should be terrified for your life 24/7/365.

Well, what else is there to do, as long as neither zombies nor illness nor starvation are threats to you? Walking simulator?

Chernarus features more guns than cans of food, so what do you expect by design choices as that?

They've stated their goal is to try to recapture that, and they're getting better each patch.

That's one of the most dumb decisions ever taken. DayZ SA should be DayZ evolved, not Arma DayZ copy, but it is why I have pretty much given up on the future of the game.

That's one of the most dumb decisions ever taken. DayZ SA should be DayZ evolved, not Arma DayZ copy, but it is why I have pretty much given up on the future of the game.

It was always going to basically be the mod but better/more fleshed out.

I don't really see how trying to replicate the map flow of the mod is a bad thing.  The mod had pretty awesome map flow.  I mean one of the major complaints right now is that most of the map feels empty because hardly anyone leaves the coast.  Creating natural incentive that doesn't feel forced like the mod is a wonderful goal for moving people around.

It was always going to basically be the mod but better/more fleshed out.

I don't really see how trying to replicate the map flow of the mod is a bad thing.  The mod had pretty awesome map flow.  I mean one of the major complaints right now is that most of the map feels empty because hardly anyone leaves the coast.  Creating natural incentive that doesn't feel forced like the mod is a wonderful goal for moving people around.

My beef is more that it seems more and more it's about "the same weapons" as in Arma DayZ coming in, the same playstyle is desired, other elements like skill system just seem to be crippled because they dare not introduce something that was not in the mod. The mod seems to be more and more like a development prison. Taking the mod as a base and evolve the game from there, yes - great idea.

To get more and more into a copycat idea with a new engine? not that great imho.