brazorf

Something weird about ammo stacks.

This thing keeps repeating over and over since 0.59. This is what happens:

- try to load ammo into a weapon (a proper one, i.e. .357 into a magnum): got the teal item background (swap) instead of the orange one (chamber)

- next, i split my ammo stack, say a 40 stack split into 20/20. One of the 20 stacks will fit into the weapon, the other one won't

- if i try to merge back the stacks, they wont merge (i got the teal swap background)

Another related issue is 

- chamber a weapon 

- eject the bullet

- the bullet isn't stackable anymore, and you can't chamber it again (see above)

Anyone experiencing this? I'm using the old ui.

Edit: found this on the tracker https://feedback.dayz.com/view.php?id=28449

That should answer my question i guess.

Edited by brazorf
  • Like 1

Yes its happened to me. Usually you can sort it out by going somewhere else and dropping the stuff and picking it up again, or relogging. But Ive had a situation once where I had to throw away a plate carrier vest as there was ammo in it that couldnt be used, I couldnt attach a holster to it and items in it couldnt be used by the hotbar. Im sure the ammo made it so as it worked fine before.

Try also removing the clothing item that contains the 'broken' ammunition, as sometimes non-interactable food items like open bean  cans don't register or even draw an icon occasionally, and dropping the container fixes the issue from time to time. 

NB: do it somewhere open and not concealed by grass etc preferably outside somewhere flat, as sometimes dropping things like this can cause DayZ to have a fit and throw your objects somewhere other than where you are, particularly if in a house or something, or in wooded areas and you may never get the item or contents back..

Definitely had the 2nd issue of eject and can not stack.  Can't remember if i found a work-around or not.  Which weapons this happening to?  I think mine were generally 'low-calibre' weapons like the mak or something, maybe .45 for 1911 or the FNX...

Edited by q.S Sachiel
  • Like 1

Reloading in general is a fucking mess this patch.  My weapons keep acting very strange.  I especially dislike that it seems I have to have a weapon raised and be standing still to start the reload animation on some guns but not others?

They tried to add the whole jamming thing and bad ammo mixed into piles of good ammo or something but it just doesn't feel right yet.

Edited by Bororm

ahhhh. maybe that's what it is?  Jammed ammo getting damaged and not being able to go back into the stack because the game is distinguishing as a different grade/type of ammo and refuses to combine damaged with good ammo?

Does this happen IRL? that an otherwise 'clean' round (not sabotage) being jammed can become wrecked and not safe to fire?  Didn't think the loading/ejection mechanism was that powerful, but i suppose if you're mashing a round stuck in the breach with a bolt or something there may be an issue.  If there's some kind of mis-fire to do with the firing pin then i can understand, probably more important for centre-fire weapons... 

I understand that a round being stuck in the chamber, barrel or clogging the ejection port leading to an improperly chambered then charged round can cause problems because the new one isn't properly alligned with the barrel, shell fires at odd angle to barrel and exhaust gas pushes in a direction it's not meant to, or a round impacting obstruction down barrel or in chamber causing bad things, but the round its self: does it or can it become non-functional or hazardous?

Still, it should be able to be re-entered into stack and re-enter circulation, if you don't throw it away, so the fact it doesn't enter stack still feels like a problem to me, imo.  The graphic should be 'crimped' or something on the icon if it is this case, but then not change the icon of 'clean' stacked ammo if you do stack it back in...

Edited by q.S Sachiel

Which weapons this happening to?  I think mine were generally 'low-calibre' weapons like the mak or something, maybe .45 for 1911 or the FNX...

Can't remember for sure, but i think it was with 9mm and .22. Early spawn gear anyway.

Edited by brazorf