dracondarks

1.8.6.1 no vehicles spawning

well ill be brief and to the point i have setup a 1.8.6.1 server for myself for fun and all is well except no vehicles are spawning at all i have looked all over using the search function and tried every little fix i could find and to no avail still no vehicles in my object_data , just wondering if someone else has had this issue and has fixed it thanks in advance.

You spawn objects / vehicles by calling pMain(instance).

Now, your instance-id is set in your missionfile in the init.sqf. This has to correspond with the exact number being called in the pMain function in the database.

For example, if your instance-id is "1337" (as per default) you will have to execute "pMain(1337)" on your SQL-Server.

i have executed pMain(1337) on my sql-server and nothing seems to happen at all i have checked the instance id and it seems fine any other ideas would be helpful.

i have executed pMain(1337) on my sql-server and nothing seems to happen at all i have checked the instance id and it seems fine any other ideas would be helpful.

If you have the function "pMain" defined and it accepts your execute-statement there will be objects in your object_data. If not, you did something wrong.

How do you call the function, exactly?

i used an sql query to run it , it was select "EXECUTE pMain;"

Seeing as it's an SQL function, try:

CALL pMain(1337);
  • Like 1

this is the error i get from that

CALL pMain(1337);
[Err] 1449 - The user specified as a definer ('dayzhivemind'@'%') does not exist

The user specified as a definer ('dayzhivemind'@'%') does not exist

You have two options here now:

1. Create a user named "dayhivemind" that is allowed from any connection to connect ("%")
  2. Change the content of the function "pMain" in such a way, that the definer for the function would be a user that already exists (your user for example)

This would look like this in your pMain-function:

CREATE DEFINER=`dracondarks`@`%`

so to edit the definer how would i do that exactly sorry im a bit dumb when it comes to mysql

so to edit the definer how would i do that exactly sorry im a bit dumb when it comes to mysql

A fair word of warning - if you don't know anything about this, you may be better off trying to read a few things about this, as this can easily wreck your server if you don't know what you're doing.

Anyway - you have to connect to the database somehow anyway, seeing as you were trying to execute something earlier.

In there, select the function and try to edit it in a way that the definer is set to yourself. This is the easiest solution for you right now.

well i have tried everything i can't find anything that works does anyone or has anyone had this issue that has fixed it that could give me some insight please.

If you're willing to give me temporary access to your database I will try to take a look at it.

what would you need for that see if you can help and it is appreciated.

Send me login-details (IP or Link, User and password) via PM and I will take a look ASAP.

Open up your MYSQL database in NAVICAT or whatever you got to view your database

Click USER and add the missing   dayzhivemind@%    user to the list of users already in there.

that should do it!!!

And everyone one of us making DayZ servers had to do this too... just so ya know...

Edited by Barry Dingle