Sign in to follow this  
xCero92

sight on DayZ

Hello,

my question is:

how do i enable the sight to see objects and persons from a long distance? cause players who i play with see people running about from a further distance then i can.

we are running the same videocard but he has a quad core and i only have a dual core processor.

Is this the problem on my pc?

My specs are:

Acer PC

AMD Athlon II x2 240 processor 2.80 Ghz

HD SSD 200 Gb

RAM 7 Gb

Videocard NVidia GeForce 750 Ti 2Gigs

Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Omg, are you really able to run the game with that? Your cpu is way to old to cope with Dayz and its not the dual core or quad core that deos it, its simply a very old outdated architecture. Your graphic card is also quite weak.

Look at the top graph: http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=AMD+Athlon+II+X2+240  Your cpu is a the bottom and the cpu I have is at the top. There an enormous difference between them and Dayz doesnt run supersmooth even on my computer so it doesnt really stand a chance on yours.

I would wait to play the game til its released if I was you, unless you can afford a new computer, it will most likely be optimized to be able to run with lesser specs later. You dont need to buy the absolute best there is but it would most likely cost you at least 1000 dollars/euros to get a decent one.

As for the rendering distance you need to go into your config files to change it.

C:\Users\yourname\Documents\DayZ\your_dayz_profile\your_dayz_profile.DayZProfile
Set the following options :

• mouseSmoothing=0; – Optimal. This should help sort out mouse acceleration problems
  • sceneComplexity=150000; – This number affects your object details.
  • shadowZDistance=100; – This is the distance at which shadows are drawn.
  • viewDistance=1600; – This number affects the distance view (trees, grass etc…).
  • preferredObjectViewDistance=1000; – This will affects the distance that the objects will be drawn.

I do have the same video card of you but my processor is an intel i5. I run the game fine with some medium settings at around45-60 fps. It will only improve as they do some optimization. For now, the cpu does make a huge difference. I would totally change my cpu before switching video card.