Sign in to follow this  
Leto (DayZ)

Where are the pistol magazines?

I have been playing for many hours this last few days and I have never seen a single pistol magazine, which is why I only carry the .357 revolver. 1911, Makarov and P1 pistols are very common, but their magazines are nowhere to be found! I have looked in both civilians and military areas and found nothing.

a police station will net you 12 handguns and 3 or 4 mags.  unless someone was there 5 minutes before you.

Civilian cars are always good for weapons, ammo and mags. But, as the above posters said - police stations have made it rather easy to arm yourself. 

It's pretty annoying that the 1911 mags are so rare. I find the pistol all the time. Amphibia mags aren't any better. 

Loader strips for the red9 can be found in military tents (lots of them), but when I just reload the gun by "chambering" it (with stacked bullets), I actually see the reloading animation with the strip anyhow. So far the Glock is the one I find most mags for. Berezino police had some and all the northern cities (with police stations) had plenty more. 

Edited by S3V3N

Thanks, I found 3 G19 magazines in 2 police stations.

The crashed yellow/white police cars also have pistol magazines.

Edited by Leto

They need to add the other types of pistol mags to the tent loot tables.  There's a million red 9 strip clips as mentioned above, that loot spot could be shared with 1911, p1 and even amphibia mags.  Keeping cr75 and glocks to police stations.