Sign in to follow this  
Weyland Yutani (DayZ)

Server Prices Are Going Up!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidayz everyone, I bring gifts of less money in your wallets to start the new year!

DayZ Colony rents three servers with Multiplay. Since the last update we've been getting frequent restarts. I'd say we're restarting every 1-2 hours, so I put in a ticket and this is the response I get.

08F36pK.png

We can't even get a good set of logs and the price is going up? Now that I think about it, who needs logs to police the project from hackers and exploits. This comes at a good time because at a $1,000.00 USD and change quarterly, we weren't paying enough. Thanks for thinning out the coffers!

Seriously, BI needs to lower the prices until we get a fully working game. Game works at 50%, we should be paying 50%.

• Like 2

I may be wrong but isn't this that particular server provider's issue, not BI?

It sounds like their systems weren't up to task and they have to update their hardware.  I don't think that's any way indicative of increase in costs across the board for all server providers.  So blame them not BIS?

Also maybe work on enforcing those server hosting guidelines about kicking for no reason on public servers, and the ubiquitous public servers with "Loot" as the prominent feature of their titles.

For me, looking at the server lists everyday, seeing nearly all of the fully populated servers still having names suggestive of more loot, or faster spawn cycles; well this is the biggest indicator of open disregard for their player base.  If 80% of the fully populated servers have something indicative of "loot" in their names, then any other server renters would also have to break the rules to even have a chance at competing for a well-populated server.  I won't even consider renting a server until they get this whole enforcing their own rules, thing, down.  One should not have to resort to false advertising, and using prohibited terms, to have a fair chance of getting a reasonable server population.

Allowing this to continue for so long, as-is, has set a bad precedent for the future behavior of server renters, and really, trivialized the entire matter.  It is the rough equivalent of having left cereal boxes on the kitchen floor for a toddler, so that the parents can continue to sleep-in. It appears that the people responsible for making sure that there are publicly available servers that the game can be played on, have done the absolute minimum in executing their duties.  Any price increase of a product so obviously flawed, is surely to be regarded as a poke in the eye.

• Like 1

This is literally the same post on the DayZ subreddit, and also it's the server providers who make up the price not BI.

I may be wrong but isn't this that particular server provider's issue, not BI?

It sounds like their systems weren't up to task and they have to update their hardware.  I don't think that's any way indicative of increase in costs across the board for all server providers.  So blame them not BIS?

MPGS is one of the cheaper GSP's out. If they're going to up their price, the others will follow suit.

This is literally the same post on the DayZ subreddit, and also it's the server providers who make up the price not BI.

I posted it so this issue can get as much exposure as possible as I think its very important.

Servers rentals are so high its unbelievable and charging more for something thats not visible isn't acceptable. Servers renters are paying for a full game, at astronomical prices, when we don't have a full game. I would expect an increase for 75 man servers, but for something like this where I see no visible effect in game, isn't fair.

Sure, GSP's are probably setting prices (to a certain degree) but if you think this isn't the beginning of a trend for the other top 5 GSP's, you're mistaken.

Its interesting is that we get a statement from BI talking about monetizing servers a few weeks ago and now we're getting fee hikes.

Edited by Weyland Yutani

MPGS is one of the cheaper GSP's out. If they're going to up their price, the others will follow suit.

I posted it so this issue can get as much exposure as possible as I think its very important.

Servers rentals are so high its unbelievable and charging more for something thats not visible isn't unacceptable. Servers renters are paying for a full game, at astronomical prices, when we don't have a full game. I would expect an increase for 75 man servers, but for something like this where I see no visible effect in game, isn't fair.

Sure, GSP's are probably setting prices (to a certain degree) but if you think this isn't the beginning of a trend for the other top 5 GSP's, you're mistaken.

Its interesting is that we get a statement from BI talking about monetizing servers a few weeks ago and now we're getting fee hikes.

Ummm, don't you mean "isn't acceptable"? :o

• Like 1

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidayz everyone, I bring gifts of less money in your wallets to start the new year!

DayZ Colony rents three servers with Multiplay. Since the last update we've been getting frequent restarts. I'd say we're restarting every 1-2 hours, so I put in a ticket and this is the response I get.

08F36pK.png

We can't even get a good set of logs and the price is going up? Now that I think about it, who needs logs to police the project from hackers and exploits. This comes at a good time because at a $1,000.00 USD and change quarterly, we weren't paying enough. Thanks for thinning out the coffers!

Seriously, BI needs to lower the prices until we get a fully working game. Game works at 50%, we should be paying 50%.

why in the world would you rent a dayz server?

You're right. Typo...I'm over-worked/over-tired. Good catch.

Don't over-stress yourself, buddy. :3

Typical of what happens when the files are restricted and hosting options are thusly limited. Less competition = Higher prices. Let every one with a mcine and a internet connect host so these GSPs have to play ball and offer either competitive rates or vastly superior services to justify the price point.