Seasons, Weather, & Christmas Infected

6 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like these changes?

• Yes, seems fun!
    • No. I'll explain why below.
    • Don't care. Why not?

BY0mTyC.jpg

Hi everyone,

I'm here to suggest a seasons (and weather) system that introduces winter, fall, summer, etc. as well as tornadoes or more severe weather. Also, it would be nice to see some infected with santa hats or something related to Christmas (during December), like a Christmas zombie that drops a Santa Hat or something. Obviously, these are just features and not important or key to the game's survival. But it would be nice to see regardless.

Thanks for taking the time to read. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Regards,

J.Dre

Edited by J.Dre

I too would like to see seasons make their way into the game, but only if snow is simulated properly. We should have to shovel some houses out to loot them, driving conditions should be slippery, etc.... More severe weather I can get behind, I doubt we'd ever see a tornado in this part of the world though. Seasonal "easter eggs" like Santa hat infected could be nice as well, as long as they aren't too common. An entire horde of zombies wearing Santa hats would look pretty absurd.

• Like 1

seasonal changes in DayZ SA... on what time frame would that be? realistic?
so 365 days would also be 365 in DayZ? hmmm very doubtful that'll ever happen.. since the engine their using right now is at its end.. (their prob. already building or looking into something new) 

the more extreme weather... would be cool.. lightning strikes, why not.. more hazard factors when you walk through the woods.. 
tornado's? in russia? unlikely... 

zombies with Xmas hat... fun if you have 2500 zombies in the game and only 20 santa hats... bardar and trade away

what would improve dayz 100% IMO

- better realistic sound pack(s) for weather/footsteps/zombies/ambient sounds (different types of birds in the woods)
- more ambient chaos (fires inside buildings/burning cars/planes at NWA etc.)
- base building/shelter building from simple materials (branches/leafs/scrap metal
- enhanced farming/growing crops
- advanced survival skills/learning system
- more animals (bees for example and working bee hives)
- aging/facial hair (being worked on by mods already)
what Don't we need:

More WO 1 guns nobody will ever use
20 additional colors of jacket X

this is just a small list I came up with on the spot, that would def. make my DayZ experience more immersive

That would be cool but this game's engine sucks so even if the devs wanted to do this I think it would be impossible