blackflarez

Dayz: Mod - Final Version / Custom Maps

Hello! Are you planning to create a final update to Dayz: Mod finishing toward the new direction that 1.8.7 is going?
I love how you guys are satisfying fans of the classic Dayz and the new while sorting out the clunkiness and bugs which have persisted since the start of Arma 2.
If there was a final update, could and would modders/devs be able to add custom maps (e.g. Namalsk)? Assuming that the version of the game is directly tied in with the map.

This would add to the longevity of the aging game and appeal to new players who would otherwise only play Epoch and such.

Even though I love it, you can only play Chernarus so many times.

yeah the mod from arma 2 was so good i played it for so long the custom maps were cool but the custom addons to like the bandits you needed to kill / npc's to get a loot crate you know and the base building from epoch loved it

I don't know what you mean? The mod is still in ongoing development and you can actually already either create your own map or tie in DayZ Mod with existing maps, just see how Namalsk did it.

And Epoch is doing it as well, it's just a matter of knowledge about ARMA 2 and scripting. If you do not know how to do that you should read up on it first anyway, as it's possible but not the easiest thing to do.

• Like 2