Sign in to follow this  
magicthompz

Dayz Major FPS drops in Cities?

When im walking around in the wild i get good 60 FPS, but as soon as i run into Forests, or into major cities my fps drops to about 25-30ish which is playable but then my fps drops to 1 and freezes for a couple of seconds, this is hard to play with when in gun fights, in a couple of days im getting the Nvidia MSI 970 Gcard will this improve any FPS?

This is my specs:

http://prntscr.com/99weq4

Is there anything i can do to get better or higher FPS, has anyone got a config that they can give me

Edited by magicthompz

Dayz as it is now is moslty CPU-driven. This will most likely change when the game gets optimized and then the graphic card might matter more. If you want to do something now you can upgrade your cpu. You can also use the newui as its more graphic card driven. Tha graphic card is supposed to be good though.

Most people have this problem, even with high-end computers and expensive graphic cards. Eventually the game will be optimized and the performance will improve but it will most likely be a while.

I have a i7-4790k, 32 GB 2133mhz ram and a radeon 7970 3 GB and can get 100 fps in the wild sometimes but am happy if I get 30 frames in cherno. And sometimes the Frames will just get horrible, like 5-10 fps and then normalize. I differs greatly between servers. I heard it has to do with the way the Arma engine behaves.

the new graphic card won't make any difference. The best thing to improve your fps right now is just adjust your field of view (distance) in your profile document.

the new graphic card won't make any difference. The best thing to improve your fps right now is just adjust your field of view (distance) in your profile document.

Can you give me a config with things adjusted that will improve my fps?

Also games like Rust give me 45-50FPS but it will freeze and drop to 1 FPS....

My friend that has the same Graphics card etc as me gets no freezes in dayz tho?

Edited by magicthompz

What do i need to decrease?

http://prntscr.com/9heceu

Change "viewDistance", yours is very high right now, its set for you to se 3km and 800 meters, you wanna change that. I personally like to use 1500. You can lower "preferredobjectviewdistance" as well. but your game will not render objects and other things such as enviroment very well, so i recommend you to set both of them at 1500 and see how your game will perform and see if you like it. If you dont, just change them again to wathever suits you best.

I guarantee you that if you do this, you will note a huge amount of performance. But your fps will still drop to 1 sometimes on cities, just because the game is not working as it should atm.

Tell me later if you liked it, gg bro.

Change "viewDistance", yours is very high right now, its set for you to se 3km and 800 meters, you wanna change that. I personally like to use 1500. You can lower "preferredobjectviewdistance" as well. but your game will not render objects and other things such as enviroment very well, so i recommend you to set both of them at 1500 and see how your game will perform and see if you like it. If you dont, just change them again to wathever suits you best.

I changed them to this;

http://prntscr.com/9hfgog

But i still get FPS drops, its not the FPS that bothers me its the 1 FPS which makes my game freeze for a couple of seconds.

Like even in smaller vilages.

Edited by magicthompz

I changed them to this;

http://prntscr.com/9hfgog

But i still get FPS drops, its not the FPS that bothers me its the 1 FPS which makes my game freeze for a couple of seconds.

Like even in smaller vilages.

Yeah that sucks, im coming back to day z now to try it out, i've been away for a long time just waiting for the optimization that they always talk about on interviews. Guess ill have to avoid cities and villages with these terrible fps drops.

Yeah that sucks, im coming back to day z now to try it out, i've been away for a long time just waiting for the optimization that they always talk about on interviews. Guess ill have to avoid cities and villages with these terrible fps drops.

My friends dont get the fps drops to 1 tho, it happens with me all the time even in the smallest of villages

My friends dont get the fps drops to 1 tho, it happens with me all the time even in the smallest of villages

I feel your pain. :(

How is your HDD? Are you recording or something at the same time? I also wonder if your SSD is configured right. Freezes shouldn't happen.

Edited by St. Jimmy

That might be it. It seldom works perfectly when you clone the OS onto a new drive. You should try reinstalling, its lots of fun :/  Also, make sure you tune your system for the SSD to work optimally, theres usually some settings in Bios and the registry to change and different drives prefer different settings

That might be it. It seldom works perfectly when you clone the OS onto a new drive. You should try reinstalling, its lots of fun :/  Also, make sure you tune your system for the SSD to work optimally, theres usually some settings in Bios and the registry to change and different drives prefer different settings

How do i do this, and as you can see, my OS is now on my SSD on the left, which is Local Disk;

http://prntscr.com/9hpbmw

Well, reinstalling is pretty straightforward, You just insert your windows cd or USB and install to the SSD from it. Note that all your data on the SSD will be lost, so make sure to save save game data, bookmarks and any personal files you have on it beforehand.

As for optimizing the SSD, there are quite a few things you can do. This was simply the first page on google: http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Well, reinstalling is pretty straightforward, You just insert your windows cd or USB and install to the SSD from it. Note that all your data on the SSD will be lost, so make sure to save save game data, bookmarks and any personal files you have on it beforehand.

As for optimizing the SSD, there are quite a few things you can do. This was simply the first page on google: http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Why do i need to reinstall OS, i have it on my SSD already i cloned it onto there, my problem atm is my fps droping to 1 every time i move etc, like if it drops to 30 and stayed at that i would be ok but it freezes the whole game, how can i get this to stop, it shouldnt be doing that.

Did you not read what I wrote and if so, why not? Cloning is a good way to cause heaps of problems that you can never find the solution for. Reinstalling makes sure that these issues do not occur and this is where you should start. If the issue is still there after reinstalling at least you can look at other things.