joe_mcentire

open inventory, scan environment, rinse and repeat - how can we change loot- and scavenging? should we even?

Biggest issue i see with removing vicinity window is somehow communicating the 'size' of the item and the 'configuration/shape' it assumes in your inventory.

And having this neatly done.

If it doesn't fit into your inventory because of size/shape, it could just go into your hands. Then you could use it in the inventory screen to see how it might fit around what's there already.

Plus: Items that aren't square are going to be able to be rotated to fit horizontally or vertically by preference, once the new UI is finished? I'm sure I remember hearing that somewhere.

Edited by Pillock
  • Like 1

Picking up Loot 

https://youtu.be/U_GSXHrp678

items go directly into left  hand by default Or both hands if item is large , causing you to shoulder weapons like it does now , if you want to move items to pockets or backpack , you have to stop , kneel , (place backpack on ground animation / stance) and access inventory . ( alternatively search pocket animation if no backpack equipped ( as seen in Arma 3  ) 

This idea could also open the door to the possibility of dual wielding in a way 

Weapon in right hand , loot items in left, Of course you would take a severe hit to stability if trying to aim said weapon. Since sway and recoil would be greatly increased if holding a gun in one hand and trying to hip fire . 

• Like 1

Until they fix items spawning inside floors and walls we need the vicinity window.

I personally like it, it makes sorting loot out manageable. Imagine spreading things across the ground and manually having to look at and select every single different little item, might get tedious quick.

But if they ever reinstitute hardcore servers I'd be all for the removal of the vicinity window for that game mode.