alheira

Question about loot economy

If 10 barrels spawn across Chernarus, and they're all picked up. Does this mean no barrels will spawn? 

10 mosins spawn in chernarus, everyone's picked them up. Do they just not spawn anymore?

I am playing on experimental atm btw.

Sorry if this question has been answered before, I had a quick look and couldn't find what i was looking for

Thanks for replying.
What's similar to a barrel? I'm assuming it has a class of sorts?

Thanks for replying.

Hmm I'm guessing tents and other storage containers but that could be wrong.

Thanks for replying.

Sorry, that probably wasn't explained properly. Word for word, it should work as follows:

"Nominal value directly controls the amount of items the server is aiming to deliver at initial startup, after that the system is controlled by cleanup + realtime respawn. When an item class reaches (nominal - minimal) it will start restocking. Maximum amount of item class on a server is (nominal + maximum). There is also a setting that dictates maximum amount of items on a server as a total."

• Like 2

I could be wrong, but I remember hearing some talk that barrels had a set number per server and would not continually respawn. That might have been specifically about a particular build though so, keep digging until you get some confirmation.

• Like 1

I think once looted they don't count towards the economy... I have well over 10 barrells hun my camp and I counted about 6 more spawned in naturally I'm sheds yesterday while searching for batteries and burlap.

Considering I know several others have camps up there has to be at least 20 plus barrels up that are not spawned and the server is obviously still spawning more.

I don't think the economy should count player or camp items cause people could stock pile certain items they accumulated from many servers all in one camp... That in turn would mean players on that server that happened to have the camp could not find any of those items on their server just cause someone stocked up from another.