r4p70r (DayZ)

DayZ installation problems - "Could not find ARMA 2, ..." DayZ Launcher

Hey guys,

I just wanted to install the good old mod again and found out that the Dayz Commander seems to be down...

So I took the DayZ Launcher, installed ArmA 2, started it, installed Operation Arrowhead, started it, installed Patch 1.60, installed Patch 1.62, installed the latest Beta Patch and installed DayZ via the Launcher. All good so far.

But when I want to join a server this message pops up: "Could not find ARMA 2, please make sure the path is correct in the app settings."

The path is correct, though.

Further information: It's a non-Steam ArmA 2 and I installed ArmA 2 and ArmA 2 OA in the same folder (always did that and it worked two years ago^^).

Can someone help?

You don't need the Beta anymore, infact you don't need to do anything other than do the following:

1. Install ARMA 2 from Steam
  2. Launch ARMA 2 and close after hitting Main Menu
  3. Install ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead
  4. Launch ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead and close after hitting Main Menu
  5. Install DayZ Mod from Steam
  6. Launch DayZ Mod
  7. Play

But for that I have to buy it again on steam - as I said it's a non-Steam version of ArmA 2. Is there no solution for those who actually have a disc?

EDIT: Okay - I found out (what probably is very obvious to most of you) that I can activate my DVD-Game by entering its key in Steam and then work with it as "kichilron" just mentioned. I'll see if this works by tomorrow and report :-)

Edited by r4p70r
  • Like 1