tacticj

Randomly locked doors and car trunks

Title pretty much says it all. This would make the lockpick a lot more useful because you would need it to advance silently without the sounds of smashing the lock.

Then the car trunks maybe if they could do it so that you had a chance to fail breaking the lock and it would just be stuck, maybe have a special "broken" icon for it, this would also make the lockpick more useful.

Im sure this has been already suggested and sorry about possible grammar mistakes.

• Like 4

I wouldn't mind it, it indeed makes absolutely no sense that every single door in a country that mind you has just come out of a civil war is not locked. I'd also expand that onto vehicles that you find as well.

• Like 1

It would be interesting if the vehicles required a key to start the engine. Otherwise you would have to spend a semi random amount of time (soft skill?) hot wiring it to get it going. The keys would spawn in or near (in one of the nearby buildings) when the vehicle spawns.

While on the topic of locked doors, I think that after a door has been forcibly opened, it shouldn't be able to be closed properly again or at least can't be locked again. It'd be cool if there was a broken door model too. Something like these:

dFdk22w.jpg     teBSnwb.jpg

• Like 2

I was just thinking this same thing the other day.

It would be more authentic to find some places/things locked.

I'm sure it has been suggested as you said but at least it's not another, "needz moar zambeez!" thread.