Sign in to follow this  
ASoggyHotdog

Can't Play DayZ

Hey DayZ players. I've got an issue that i need help resolving as i just dont have the knowledge to do it myself... Last week i was playing DayZ just fine. Then i think i messed with my files in steam and now when i launch DayZ i either get an error that says " Display adapter does not support format D24S8 for X8R8G8B8" or an error that says it cant find the memory from 0000x000 or something with a lot of zero's, sorry i dont know it exactly. Other times, when i launch dayz itll load up and when i click "I Understand" it just freezes my laptop and it gives me this audio thing thats really weird. And other times when ive launched it i can play okay for like 45 seconds and then my laptop Blue Screens... please help or ask for more information if necessary and i will do my best to help out.

common error, everyone is getting it. even in .58

-try to reload the game, check all video drivers and sound drivers are working right.

Also if you have to go backwards on video drivers in case it updated and caused your issues.

Edited by TheSneakyDude
  • Like 1

I've deleted DayZ and Steam and redownloaded both twice now and no fix. my drivers are all up to date as well :/

Ok what are you using for video?

Integrated maybe taking over for your graphics.

You may need to look at the primary graphics drivers inside the device manager and make sure the correct driver is being used.

Then compare it to dayz, and steam and make sure it didnt "flop over" to the integrated graphics or unknown driver.

It also could be you need to clean the unit, blow it out and make sure compound is new on the cpu.

Is the laptop shutting down or slowing down any?

Im using a Nvidia Geforce GTX 860M graphics card if thats what you're asking about. And i dont particularly know how to do those other things you talked about, im sorry :/

I have an idea, try going to your (C:) files and go to Program Files (x86). Go to the steam file and go to the steamapps file. Go to Common, then dayz, and then right click the dayz launcher (you might have to left click one time to select it) and go to properties. Go to the compatibility tab and uncheck the box that says "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" It might work and might not, but it's worth a try.

The problem with uninstalling programs is not everything is uninstalled completely. Whatever is causing your issues may still be there.You can use programs like Revo Uninstaller to do a thorough search

and removal of all related files that might be causing problems before you do a reinstall.

You might also only need to delete your Dayz cfg file. Documents / Dayz / Dayz cfg.  DayZ will write a new cfg file when you start the game.