Sign in to follow this  
galekast

Strange resolution issue

Hi all, just wondered if anyone might be able to help me with this problem I have been having. 

Basically, I have been playing DayZ for ages with no issues, running it at 720p as I was getting black screening crashes when I put it into 1080p.. Today I load it up and I notice that the game doesn't fit the screen, like the edges are off screen, the Steam FPS cant be seen, the indicators at the bottom and hot bar are partially off screen, like there is 1cm missing round the whole thing. I head into the options and give 1080 a go out of desperation and it doesn't black screen, however I am still having the same issue, part of the game is still off screen. I checked my GPU scaling options, no problems there, I have checked the cfg files and everything i set to 1920 x 1080... This is also my native resolution for the PC and I have no problems day to day with it. If anyone can give me any possible causes of this then I can start to work through some potential solutions but at the moment I can't figure out why its off screen when the game is loading at my displays native resolution...

System specs are:

i7 4790K 4.4

Radeon R9 280X 3GB

8 GB Ram
Display is a 42" Sony Bravia flat screen 

Check scaling options in your GPU control panel.  

Edited by AtomQuark