Sign in to follow this  
insaneroy

Who is Who? violator

Some servers have PVE or no KOS rules and are everyone is asked to report violators. There are no player tags or kill text. How do you tell one player from another?

You don't, it's balogney and not supported by BIS.  If those are public servers I think you can report them, assuming they're kicking/banning for playing the game.

If it's private it perfectly fine for server owners to have these rules. Sometimes you'll have the ingame name appear in the bottom if you have been force fed or tied up for example. Otherwise reporting the incident to the admins along with your ingame name and time of death will allow them to check the server logs.

kill logs, go on the servers teamspeak and tell your name to an admin and what time and with what weapon u where kiled by> probably gameservers.com is the best place to find a contact for the server. if they have these rules posted im sure they have a TS channel.

If it's private it perfectly fine for server owners to have these rules. Sometimes you'll have the ingame name appear in the bottom if you have been force fed or tied up for example. Otherwise reporting the incident to the admins along with your ingame name and time of death will allow them to check the server logs.

I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to have these rules even on private servers. The servers aren't your own, they are just hired. The rules can be found here: https://dayz.com/files/pdf/Server_Hosting_Rules_Private.pdf  They do not clearly state what you may kick or ban a player for but if you read the forums its basically just cheating or glitching, not Kos:ing, hoarding, douching or squeaking

I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to have these rules even on private servers. The servers aren't your own, they are just hired. The rules can be found here: https://dayz.com/files/pdf/Server_Hosting_Rules_Private.pdf They do not clearly state what you may kick or ban a player for but if you read the forums its basically just cheating or glitching, not Kos:ing, hoarding, douching or squeaking

I was under the impression that private servers were able to enforce any rules they decided upon, that's why role play servers only work on private. I'll be honest I haven't read through the document but that was my understanding of it from experiences with servers like the gents of novo and dayz rp

From what the forum mods and developers say on these forums that is not the case. Rules DO apply, even on private shards.

From what the forum mods and developers say on these forums that is not the case. Rules DO apply, even on private shards.

Fair enough, makes private servers seem almost completely pointless if they can't enforce rules or promote different playstyles then. If what you say is true then they are effectively the same as public just without as much server hopping/ghosting (some privates share hives so it's still possible on a few).

Yes, Server hoppers and ghosters are a pretty good reason for getting one though. You can also watch the BEC logs.