andrewjs

ACRE Support

Maybe have people start off with a short range radio like the PRC-343, then possible have more rare longer range radios hidden around.

It would be cool to have your group be able to talk to each other when they are in range of your radio, and you could try to listen in on other survivor groups by switching through the channels.

And it's all possible already with ACRE, which has positional audio as well, and I find the quality better than Armas in game voice system.

• Like 6

I think not starting out with a radio would be even better! Then trying to find one and contacting people out there. Something like a scene from I Am Legend.

Another thought is radios like the PRC-119 could be found in military areas and more common radios like the PRC-343 found in urban areas.

• Like 1

+1. Finding radios would be a real significance in a real Apocalypse

Was actually thinking about something like this last night, would be interesting. However long range radios would have to be very rare and short range radios not very popular, maybe can only be found in city's and apartment buildings

I think this would be pretty cool, especially with the new update. Every 1-2 hours I play someone mentions how ACRE should be added so it would be favorable by many.

Absolutely in support of this. Our TS channels at UO tend to get very clusterf****d with all of the people trying to find each other and coordinate.

This will be very good for the game, it'll make it just so much more awesome.

+1, I just don't know how chat/comms/ardios survives in a game like this.

I'm leaning towards chat-in-lobby only, but eventually separate VoIP clients will undo any comms related inhibitions.

ACRE would be an awesome adaptation into the world or realism! I would love to see this feature added. Would help in so many ways, like spam...

This will completely change the tactics we use in scouting and other day to day operations. This will also throw an ultra-realistic feeling of "did my team make it to the mission? or are they dead feeling?" if you know what I mean

Ideas:

Keep Txting as support, help, and emergencies only!

Pros:

-added Role Play

-+++ realism Value!

-Cool feature that makes the mod different then others (even though it already is!)

Cons:

-Additional content that will need to be installed, unless it's embedded into the server. (effecting load times)

-May not be very user friendly

If there was to be ACRE support then there would need to be an official DayZ TS server either for all DayZ servers or TS servers set up for each DayZ server instance.

It wouldnt work if a few people joined thier own TS server and communicated to themselves would be better if everyone in that particular DayZ server be in the same TS server.

I like the addition of acre radios but should not be as common as Winchester ammo and you should not spawn with it

Cons:

-Additional content that will need to be installed' date=' unless it's embedded into the server. (effecting load times)[/quote']

I remember last time I had to install ACRE... It took me a solid 2 days to get it running properly.

I've been using ACRE since I started playing Arma and have never had a problem, and I think it would be a great addition to the gameplay (especially with the removal of global comms in 1.4).

Adding dayz to Sixupdater would be a great way to make integrating other content in, such as ACRE, very easy.

Cons:

-Additional content that will need to be installed' date=' unless it's embedded into the server. (effecting load times)[/quote']

I remember last time I had to install ACRE... It took me a solid 2 days to get it running properly.

I agree ACE and ACRE were some of the few hardest mods to install.

By hard I mean step wise & specific config editing in areas which could mess with the game.

Maybe it would be possible to get working radios without teamspeak 3 integration.

The key config files might be a little confusing, but installing ACE and ACRE through SixUpdater is easier than installing DayZ in my opinion.

Regardless of the possible difficulties, I think radios would add a lot of depth and emphasize the sense that you are alone and need to reach out for the help of others.

Regarding needing Teamspeak, I'm sure some of the groups hosting servers would be able to use their own TS3 servers. UO, for example (which is hosting US 3 and 4) has Dayz specific channels full of people who are very used to playing with ACE and ACRE.

Let me know if there is anything specific preventing ACRE from being implemented in this mod. It sounds like it would add a lot.

Ah, ACRE.. The best thing ever created for Arma 2 (DayZ shares the 2nd place with ACE)

My clan have been Beta-testers for ACRE for a long time, and i can see alot of problems arising with the incorporation of it. For example everyone has to have the same version of ACRE and the same version of Teamspeak for it to work properly.

Also, having some players on a server using ACRE whilst others dont will lead to confusion when trying to communicate ingame. So the solution would be to force the use of it on the servers.

Now take the amount of players new to ACRE that would be forced to install a rather unique mod alongside a voicecom they might not be accustomed to, well you get my point.

ACRE on public servers rarely works, and by rarely im mean i've never actually seen it work on public servers once.

Dont get me wrong, I love ACRE to bits, but with the amount of players i'd be surprised to ever see a public DayZ server with everyone on the server using ACRE.

ACRE isn't good, something ingame would be better, but I don't know if ARMA is supporting this.

Some form of realistic radio implementation would be really cool. Especially if they disable side/global all together.

Finding a radio and scanning over the frequencies trying to find survivor groups would be neat.

However, I do believe it would be more useful to the people playing alone. All the clans/communities playing in groups are and will continue to use external comms like TS and completely circumvent the need for a radio.

So I think this would be a low priority to implement, but down the line sure.