silverblade1233

Can u like.. make 1.8.7 be like 1.7.6.1 :D

For now any kind of feedback on details about the mod how you finding all the aspects of each section. The base building is only removed from the stable branch until such time we get more info from ppl testing on the build/destruction elements of the walls. It seems to be causing too much trouble and we are getting very little info back we just don't have the time to keep guessing the issue.

Ok i just started building last night for the first time so i haven't been far enough to provide anything indepth.  I did note that Q&E did not rotate walls (not sure if supposed to work , but i am not close to the default key scheme either).  Also my planned rectangle was  abit off, gonna assume due to slopage. Don't have much more to provide yet, building limited due to finite levers.  I'll create a new thread for feedback somewhere and not hijack this guy's thread any further. Any ideas where to put a thread on this?

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/581322996075315813/351AE37BF00399D05D6E3A70DC81DD18FD64EC01

Edited by Rubberman

It's interesting to see how different people's opinions about certain features/changes are. I guess this is rooted in the large number of ways DayZ can be played. From my outside perspective, the way the developments proceeds now appears to be that somebody proposes feature A, something in that direction gets implemented, and then somebody else comes along saying that he misses the times before A got implemented, or would like B instead of A, causing the development to turn again. It appears as though getting statistically meaningful feedback is the bottleneck. Maybe we need some kind of public poll/voting system that allows a larger number of people to answer specific questions about the direction they'd like the mod to go? Things like: What is the most urgent problem to address? Dou you like the base building system? Should feature A be implemented? etc. We need more opinions, from more people, and then from there see what the consensus actually is.

@Rubberman "without something long term to strive for it's tough to want to engage in anything but banditry/quick deathmatch"

In my opinion, that's because it's by far the easiest way to play the game. Which brings me back to the balance problem I've mentioned earlier. It's just too much hard work to do good to others in the game (or too easy to just shoot everyone).

In my opinion, that's because it's by far the easiest way to play the game. Which brings me back to the balance problem I've mentioned earlier. It's just too much hard work to do good to others in the game (or too easy to just shoot everyone).

Yes has always been the problem and the payoff for playing friendly(ish) is negligible (interactions aside) and doesn't provide a lot of incentive for that play style.  I know when i first started i was so enthused that when you become a hero a you get a new skin, that has a bulletproof vest.  But it was only good for small calibre rounds (makarov...). The humanity system, while flawed, was an attempt to keep everyone from killing everyone not on teamspeak.  I don't have a better system, but i would've tested/added to that a bit more so that if you did choose the hard way to play you got more benefit.

E.G:  Bullet proof vest good for small arms, and rounds up to x only do x% damage to people in hero skin.  

Soft skills stuff (not sure if possible in arma2):  E.G hero skins bloodbag quicker, can do epi pen action without an epi pen.

Also i'm not sure how well the self-defence mechanism is for losing humanity these days.  E.G if someone shoots at me and i return fire do i lose humanity if he doesn't have a bullet come within 10 feet of me?

I've posted a thread in General discussion, will see if it drums up any interest.  I'm not on a high pop server, but hope to have some more info on building in the next week or so.  Destruction, breaking in i hope to see more of in the next couple weeks.

https://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/230029-1861-base-building-feedback/

@sliverblade that is the idea anyway.

@romanz.

Again humanity is somthing that will change all the time to get how we wont the system to work. Its a slow going process while we work on new systems to find ways around arma limits.

Auto health is based on player condition ie food/water/status.

Weapons under the new loot system we could add 500 new weapons it don't mean your going to see an increase in weapons spawning just the verity of them. Alot of the new.ones you see being added now are to balance out some of the old ones and in some cases getting ready to remove others all together to help fit the theme more.

Base building was an experiment to see how the days community would handle it. Witch has since been removed for the next patch.

As for updates nonsence if ppl wont somthing they will find a way no matter what we do.

Ps thanks for feedback. Our long term plan is to offer both classic/vanilla and hardcore gameplay with the same updated codebase your admins will just need to select the preset.

I like the changes you made today!

No transfusion kits means it's easier to be a hero, maybe make it so blood bags are easier to find in hospitals and heli crashes?

I like the changes you made today!

No transfusion kits means it's easier to be a hero, maybe make it so blood bags are easier to find in hospitals and heli crashes?

Making stuff easier isn't something we are aiming to do however bloodbags have been re-balanced in the loot tables so 0- bags are the more common.(the ones all blood types can use)

It's interesting to see how different people's opinions about certain features/changes are. I guess this is rooted in the large number of ways DayZ can be played. From my outside perspective, the way the developments proceeds now appears to be that somebody proposes feature A, something in that direction gets implemented, and then somebody else comes along saying that he misses the times before A got implemented, or would like B instead of A, causing the development to turn again. It appears as though getting statistically meaningful feedback is the bottleneck. Maybe we need some kind of public poll/voting system that allows a larger number of people to answer specific questions about the direction they'd like the mod to go? Things like: What is the most urgent problem to address? Dou you like the base building system? Should feature A be implemented? etc. We need more opinions, from more people, and then from there see what the consensus actually is.

@Rubberman "without something long term to strive for it's tough to want to engage in anything but banditry/quick deathmatch"

This system will not work any time we tried a system like this it ended in a 50/50 vote take a look around the polls on the suggestion thread 90% end in 50/50 :-(

This system will not work any time we tried a system like this it ended in a 50/50 vote take a look around the polls on the suggestion thread 90% end in 50/50 :-(

Can we just have the basebuilding off by default and toggle it on in the init for folks like Rubberman? Since he plays on my sever i would like to keep him engaged lol

• Like 2

Making stuff easier isn't something we are aiming to do however bloodbags have been re-balanced in the loot tables so 0- bags are the more common.(the ones all blood types can use)

Sounds good. That's not what I really meant. In 1.8.6.1, it's way to hard to become a Hero, and super easy to become a bandit, therefore it's not balanced. Hopefully the more common 0- blood bags and removing transfusion kits will re balance the humanity system so that players have a better chance of becoming a Hero if they want but can still kill survivors if needed.

-Steven

Can we just have the basebuilding off by default and toggle it on in the init for folks like Rubberman? Since he plays on my sever i would like to keep him engaged lol

Agreed. As a server admin we should be able to configure the server to have base building or not. Although I don't like base building (in vanilla) I know how people feel because I hate the nutrition system and I'm thankful we can toggle that on and off.  

Maybe once we are happy with it.

• Like 1