Sign in to follow this  
JimBob (DayZ)

recording software

Hey guys,

I'm looking to start recording my own videos and was wondering what programs you guys use. I tried fraps and bandi and both limit the time you can record if you don't buy it.

Any suggestions for a good free recording program?

Regards,

JimBob

MSI Afterburner is the best completely free one that I know of. Then again, everything is free on the internet.

MSI Afterburner is the best completely free one that I know of. Then again' date=' everything is free on the internet.

[/quote']

Isn't that a software for calculating system temperatures? :huh:

It is; though hidden in the settings you can find a basic screen capture option that works pretty well. The top video in my signature was recorded with it.

Oh? Cheers, didn't know that. I've got the program installed and everything. Do you know if it's smooth to record game-play with it? Can it handle Day-Z capturing?

Like I said, works pretty well for being free. Just pretty much depends on your specs how smooth it'll be ingame.

I do also have Dxtory, I don't use it to record myself.

But it does also work.

No free recorder will be great, you're best just getting fraps, there are alternative ways to obtain it without the cost.

No free recorder will be great' date=' you're best just getting fraps, there are alternative ways to obtain it without the cost.

[/quote']

cracked copy of Fraps LOL

works like a charm

Hello there JimBob,

If you want to use a stable recording software, I would recommend using Fraps. To get this, you can either crack it, or buy it as I'd like you to do(obv.) Also bare in mind, that you can buy several cards that you can input to your PC, it works like an HDPVR(if you are common with it) though you'd need approx. four internal drives for this.

Best wishes,

provinsky.

If you have a 32mb cache on your hard disk I would advise you to buy Dxtory,It records via hardrive...It is aprox 1200mb/min when you tweak the codec,wich is not that bad and the quality is still pritty high...

I would not recommend Fraps. While the quality is great, the compression is terrible. You will experience file sizes of over 1GB just for a few seconds of recording (this of course is all dependent on resolution settings of course.)

I now use Bandicam, the quality is similar to Fraps and the compression is brilliant. Please contact me here on the forums or I go by the same name on Twitter, if you want help or more information! (:

I would not recommend Fraps. While the quality is great' date=' the compression is terrible. You will experience file sizes of over 1GB just for a few seconds of recording (this of course is all dependent on resolution settings of course.)

I now use Bandicam, the quality is similar to Fraps and the compression is brilliant. Please contact me here on the forums or I go by the same name on Twitter, if you want help or more information! (:

[/quote']

Actually I tried fraps today for the first time, and at 1080p full size, it was 1gig per minute. I recorded exactly 2 mins worth and it was 2gigs in size. I used Camtasia to convert to wmv(used recommended compress setting) and it ended up around 98mb. Not too bad. Quality was nice too.

BUY Fraps. Don't Pirate. It's a great piece of software which most of the popular YouTube Stars such as, TotalBiscuit, Bashur, SoTotallyToby, IntheLittlewood and BebopVox use. It's great!

Hello there JimBob' date='

If you want to use a stable recording software, I would recommend using Fraps. To get this, you can either crack it, or buy it as I'd like you to do(obv.) Also bare in mind, that you can buy several cards that you can input to your PC, it works like an HDPVR(if you are common with it) though you'd need approx. four internal drives for this.

Best wishes,

provinsky.

[/quote']

I've found bandicam to work better in my tests so far, but I'm still trying them both out.