Sign in to follow this  
treetop82

Sound when weapon drops to ground please?

Ok, in the last week I've lost at least 3 weapons due to the silent "drop to ground" issue. Basically, if I pick up a can of peaches, and it touches one of the 12 slots that my MP5 was designated to, I then silently drop my MP5 to the ground upon disarming. 

I've been playing this game a lot, and I switch backpacks, weapons configs, armament quite often. It's not easy to keep up with slot management, especially in high tempo movement. 

So, to fix the issue once and for all, can we please get a "clunk" or a "weapon hitting ground" sound when a weapon is dropped to the ground? It can't be that hard to code. Or make a duck quack, or a fart sound when a weapon hits the ground, I don't care.. Something other than silence would add a hint of realism to the game.

Since slot reservations were removed for no good reason, to the anger of many players, and replaced with nothing useful, can we please get something to somewhat remedy the annoying self-induced bug? DayZ took a step backwards for no reason by removing weapon slot reservations.

Thanks

Edited by treetop82
  • Like 4

Absolutely agree. LMAO @ fart sound. I lost a fully kitted UMP to this, I was red hot.

i dropped a full kitted M4 (dual carring with an aug) without noticing, 10 min later and several miles away i just realised...

Hopefully, i was recording and i watch the record to find where i dropped it :p

It was waiting for me on the ground :p

Good idea.  Would also be nice if it were distinctive enough that you could potentially tell if a player dropped their weapon when you tell them to.  And of course subsequent trickery as a result.

Removing slot reservations was a good thing. Could never understand that the MP5 that was in my vest but is now in my hands could get ruined when I get shot in the chest...it's in my hands FFS!!

• Like 1

Great idea!   You should post this in the audio developer's very own subforum!   There you "can interact, exchange ideas, and generally discuss the sound and audio environment in DayZ Early Access"!

https://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/forum/146-audio/

It's great!  He made 2 posts in February and then logged in the forums again in July!   If he communicated any more, I'd feel like I was his coworker!