Sign in to follow this  
RomanZ (DayZ)

Dragging bodies instead of making them disappear (hiding)

I wish there was no possibility to immediately make dead players disappear (i.e., hiding bodies). It's unrealistic and oftentimes frustrating. It offers hostile players a way to annoy their victims even more after they've killed them. I've had some of the most epic moments in DayZ during battles for the gear on dead bodies. Some of my most frustrating moments have included getting killed by players who immediately hide everyone they kill.

A more realistic and more fun way to implement the same idea (removing bodies and their gear) would be to be able to drag dead bodies away. This would require some actual effort and time, might promote teamplay in certain situations, and could potentially lead to more positive surprises (such as finding dead bodies with gear hidden in bushes etc.). It might also be easy to implement, since dragging unconscious players is already implemented. Dead bodies could still disappear after an hour or so, or at server restarts.

I've already suggested it many times and didn't really get a solid answer on this one. I also expanded the idea on if zombies can spot your dead body and consume it which would help with the way you don't already get fully geared again by going back to your old body.

Sorry about the duplicate, then! A quick search for "hide" and "drag" in the DayZ Mod Suggestions forum didn't reveal anything. But I guess at least this post seconds your unheard suggestion. Let's hope we're heard this time.

https://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/140352-dayz-mod-future-update-suggestions/Incase you want to take a glance at the suggestions I've made in the past.

Don't worry about it :) I hope it is brought to their attention and will be worked on. It would be amazing to hide a body by using an entrenching tool and it would leave a dirt mound in the ground that would have a model similar to a stash but longer. (only works on dirt and must drag player over it to bury them) and you could even place a grave marker that looks like this (http://www.ofpec.com/COMREF/cfg_images/ArmA/GraveCross2.jpg)

Edited by TIC321

It would be nice to have an official statement from the devs regarding the feasibility and suitability of this suggestion.