TIC

DayZ Mod Future Update Suggestions

Hey guys, TIC here and I just wanted to gather every idea that we could have to improve the mod for a more horrifying, entertaining experience.

I have posted this on the 1.7.7.1 Dev Bug list and I'd like to bring it upon the Suggestion thread's attention. Here's what I got.

Future Update List

• Zombies should make sounds when eating players on the ground. (Such as chewing, moaning); longer time the zombies consume the bodies, the body will become hidden which could prevent fresh spawn players getting loot back from their previous character if killed by zombies and improve server performance.
  • Lower blood levels should make your player become cold easier, making infections occur a little more often.
  • Study Body function being more detailed (specifying multiple gun wounds, killed by blunt/sharp melee weapons)
  • More clothing options, especially for females
  • Throwing trash items should be noise dependent(tin cans, glass); making it easier or harder to distract zombies.
  • A possible Statistic menu to review your stats after death, replaces the 'You Are Dead' Menu. (Reviews how long you've survived, etc) .. Along with inserting a button to respawn; Making it faster for players to rejoin instead of going through a menu.
  • Possibilities of new melee weapons; Whiskey Bottle(Very limited to about 2 hits before it breaks into a broken bottle to use; causes higher damage by sharp glass) Hunting knife.
  • Methods of preventing infections from wounds such as using alcohol as an antiseptic within a certain time limit.(There's an Infection WIP thread R4Z0R has created.)
  • More visual effects; such as when getting hit by an object, your vision would either flash red or white (A moderate flash, not rapid to cause seizures)
  • Making magazine conversion more expansive. While converting M1911 to .45 ACP; where does that extra bullet go?
  • Broken bone; if you try to run, it'll cause you to get hurt further and will lower your blood count about -250 less and will cause you to shake in pain.

Edited by TIC321
  • Like 2

These are rather nice. As for the broken whiskey bottle, what about if you could use a regular whiskey bottle, then after 2 or 3 hits it smashes into a broken one?

• Like 1

These are rather nice. As for the broken whiskey bottle, what about if you could use a regular whiskey bottle, then after 2 or 3 hits it smashes into a broken one?

You know; that's even better :D Thanks man. I'll edit that.

Nice list, I also think broken bones should need splints to heal. And should never fully heal, either (Assuming they have most of the broken leg glitches fixed).

• Like 1

Nice list, I also think broken bones should need splints to heal. And should never fully heal, either (Assuming they have most of the broken leg glitches fixed).

For sure. Morphine just numbs the pain, doesn't fix broken bones. Splints are definitely needed for broken bones which could use more than 1 bandage to apply to.