Sign in to follow this  
mofreaka

Rope

So bottom line up front, I selfishly would like the ability to craft a US Army Cavalry Stetson using the Black Cowboy hat. Recognizing the potential plot limitations it makes more sense to fashion your own rather then find one. So why not have differant colored ropes? That in itself shouldnt be to hard to implenent, since all we have right now is black rope.

Cav stetsons have differant colored braids around the rim, to denote the wearers branch, tradionally yellow or gold for the Cav. Many colored ropes would allow friendly identifiers, similar to arm bands or bandannas.

While we're on the subject of rope. Why not allow small lengths of it to be worn around the waist as an addional pants slot, like the fish hook and boonie, or around the body in place of a vest. I feel like rope or cord is an important survival item that can be utilized further.

Need a small tent? Impliment tarps or ponchos and string them up with rope.

Lash together cooking tripods or improvised spears. Maybe your spear has funky purple cord because thats all you found.

Any more rope suggestions? I wouldnt say no to some cav sabers either. But rope, yea.

• Like 4

It might be possible to allow armband/rags to be attached to cowboy hatZ.

I like the basic idea  :thumbsup:

I like all the ideas. Rope, as I understand it, is a pretty important when it comes to survival stuff. It should be a very diverse material that is used in a lot of recipes.

anyone else accidently read ''Rape''?

No. Nobody did that.

• Like 2