Sign in to follow this  
thecrackmuffin

Alt F4ing becoming absurdly prevalent

Today my squad and I were screwing around at night around cherno when we saw a ghillie douche meet up with his survivor buddy in a field. We run up to them and yell "HEY TAKE OFF YOUR GHILLIE SUIT OR WE'LL SHOOT" and their reaction was an immediate alt F4. About a minute later a sniper shot rings out and takes my buddy's head off. Turns out ghillie guy decided to flank us in another server and hop back onto the one we were playing in. Then when we got into position to shoot him and began firing, he logged again. Such is life in DayZ, but with everyone shooting on sight and logging in a losing battle... Feels cheap and dirty like a Thai hooker

Today my squad and I were screwing around at night around cherno when we saw a ghillie douche meet up with his survivor buddy in a field. We run up to them and yell "HEY TAKE OFF YOUR GHILLIE SUIT OR WE'LL SHOOT" and their reaction was an immediate alt F4. About a minute later a sniper shot rings out and takes my buddy's head off. Turns out ghillie guy decided to flank us in another server and hop back onto the one we were playing in. Then when we got into position to shoot him and began firing' date=' he logged again. Such is life in DayZ, but with everyone shooting on sight and logging in a losing battle... Feels cheap and dirty like a Thai hooker

[/quote']

You can only take it off if you keep your civi clothes.. so good chance he would not have been able to comply anyway. But I agree disconnecting is getting a bit out of hand.

toon should stay in 1 minute after dc.

when joining server at the retrieving character place should not let you join until the 1 minute is up when the character is successfully disappeared at the other server.

I just hope they implement their changes to the d/c issue after they fix the hacker problem.

There's really no reason not to.

If it's risk vs. reward, the risk of trying to fight a guy who sees you first is nearly infinite, and the reward limited.

Nearly guaranteed to lose everything you have against an outside chance of maybe getting a couple better items.

Today my squad and I were screwing around at night around cherno when we saw a ghillie douche meet up with his survivor buddy in a field. We run up to them and yell "HEY TAKE OFF YOUR GHILLIE SUIT OR WE'LL SHOOT" and their reaction was an immediate alt F4. About a minute later a sniper shot rings out and takes my buddy's head off. Turns out ghillie guy decided to flank us in another server and hop back onto the one we were playing in. Then when we got into position to shoot him and began firing' date=' he logged again. Such is life in DayZ, but with everyone shooting on sight and logging in a losing battle... Feels cheap and dirty like a Thai hooker

[/quote']

Next time just shoot them and save your crack whore dramatics for the street.

Maybe some kind of in-game mechanism to prevent this would be in order -- a la Starcraft-like disconnect-causes-loss-to-ranking in ladder tournaments.

[/quote']

I'm not bawwwing at losing the chance to get a ghillie suit because of a DCer, this is just an anecdote for a larger problem. If we had shot on sight, and say we don't kill him immediately, what's to stop him from logging as soon as he sees a flash of red? Guess everyone who plans on shooting will just have to be expert marksmen, which after like three blunts and a long day isn't the easiest thing to be

It's definitely getting a bit out of hand... people are a bit too attached to their gear for some reason, sort of missing the point of the game.

[/quote']

Nice to hear your ass was ripped for bandit's action.

I was chilling in the forest outside of Cherno earlier today, hiding inside a tree on a rather fresh spawn, so I was in a rather good mood and wanted to make friends with people. After dicking around I alt-tabbed back in, walked out and see a dude a few trees away from me looking into the field. I sneak up too him, and tell him "DON'T FUCKING MOVE DO NOT MOVE." He stops moving so I ask him "Are you friendly bro? I ju--" What does he do?

Alt F4'd.

I just wanted to make a friend. Hell he could have shot me in the back, I would have preferred that over him bitching out because he got himself in a bad situation and didn't want to play it out. I mean, if I wanted to shoot him, I could have just immediately done that, so why does he think he needs to alt F4 instantly?

It's so frustrating. I can't wait until the update when they're forced to stay in game. Kill people all day for trying to pull that shit.

I was chilling in the forest outside of Cherno earlier today' date=' hiding inside a tree on a rather fresh spawn, so I was in a rather good mood and wanted to make friends with people. After dicking around I alt-tabbed back in, walked out and see a dude a few trees away from me looking into the field. I sneak up too him, and tell him "DON'T FUCKING MOVE DO NOT MOVE." He stops moving so I ask him "Are you friendly bro? I ju--" What does he do?

Alt F4'd.

I just wanted to make a friend. Hell he could have shot me in the back, I would have preferred that over him bitching out because he got himself in a bad situation and didn't want to play it out. I mean, if I wanted to shoot him, I could have just immediately done that, so why does he think he needs to alt F4 instantly?

It's so frustrating. I can't wait until the update when they're forced to stay in game. Kill people all day for trying to pull that shit.

[/quote']

Yeah, followed a guy going out of town and asked if he needed help. Shot me once then disconnected. I didn't kill anybody with that character either so he couldn't hear the heartbeat.

Other times, I was trying to bandage or give blood to someone but they disconnect before I could even finish.

Fix is on it's way for this apparently. Will be a much more fair and interesting game without the ability to Alt F4.

I think a logout/login time delay of some kind.

Know it sounds rather harsh, but maybe don't stick around the same area after someone DCs right in front of you? Honestly, you didn't expect him to hop back in? Don't get me wrong, disconnecting is the coward's way out, but still, you can't get pissed at him for killing your friend if you just stayed in the same spot. Also, how sure are you that he didn't just have a friend nearby who he told about your location and was happy to DC after killing one of your group? Food for thought.

[/quote']

I'm not bawwwing at losing the chance to get a ghillie suit because of a DCer, this is just an anecdote for a larger problem. If we had shot on sight, and say we don't kill him immediately, what's to stop him from logging as soon as he sees a flash of red? Guess everyone who plans on shooting will just have to be expert marksmen, which after like three blunts and a long day isn't the easiest thing to be

That's nice, cuz the only way the ghillie or camo comes off is if THEY take it off, and the ONLY way to do that is if they still have their civilian clothes or yet another set of camo or ghillie...................

Personally, I always throw away my civvies when I find camo or ghillie. So...welcome to the game, noob.

[/quote']

That's nice, cuz the only way the ghillie or camo comes off is if THEY take it off, and the ONLY way to do that is if they still have their civilian clothes or yet another set of camo or ghillie...................

Personally, I always throw away my civvies when I find camo or ghillie. So...welcome to the game, noob.

You're missing the point, and I'm starting to think paint chips were your favorite food at a young age. If you don't have anything constructive to say kindly spit on your fist and shove it up your ass. Noob.

You need to have to wait 1 minute before you can disconnect (or your char stays in for 1 min if you alt+f4) or 10 minutes if you've killed a man.

In an ideal world it would be 5 minutes if you fired at or were fired at and the bullets landed by a player within a 10m radius or something. But that could be exploited to find player locations...

No excuses about RL obligations or shoddy internet connects should counter this. Those are a trivial irrelevance that are a minority of players problems -- It's your issue to fix, avoid or negate those problems. Game breaking exploits like xlogging in a battle however are a dev problem which effects tens of thousands of people.

It would actually reduce a lot of killing too and if you're smart and cautious you can avoid running into most people anyway...

Feels cheap and dirty like a Thai hooker

Yes Please!!