shifehoe

Newbie question about server abuse

The problem is that admins can kick people with impunity, and there's no accountability or tracability.

What should happen is this:

Every time an admin kicks a player, that kick activity sends relevant info to a central database. That data should at least include:

• admin_name
  • player_kicked_name
  • player_kicked_reason
  • timestamp
  • current_player_count

Then, BI writes a dead-simple script that checks this database for things like:

• number of kicks per hour per admin
  • percentage of total players kicked (1/current_player_count)
  • average player count

etc.

Then, BI could manage THEIR OWN FING GAME and not have people use some wonky forum to report abuse.

Oh wow someone is a bit pissy. This happened on the 14th, so 4 days ago, here is the bug report about it https://feedback.dayz.com/view.php?id=27780

Perhaps you should get your memory checked, in the mean time you owe me an apology =]

I'm pretty certain you're not supposed to report admin abuse on the bug tracker (it isn't a bug) but rather contact the GSP's directly. Also your account on the bug tracker;

"Admin of server killed me on sight and to prevent me or friends from getting my gear back, admin restarted the server. This happened about 5 times in 20 minutes"

Doesn't sound a lot like the story you told earlier in this thread.

17f3937f739c435a01e61ce070a4e367.jpg

• Like 1

I'm pretty certain you're not supposed to report admin abuse on the bug tracker (it isn't a bug) but rather contact the GSP's directly. Also your account on the bug tracker;

"Admin of server killed me on sight and to prevent me or friends from getting my gear back, admin restarted the server. This happened about 5 times in 20 minutes"

Doesn't sound a lot like the story you told earlier in this thread.

17f3937f739c435a01e61ce070a4e367.jpg

Scroll a bit farther down on the report to the comments to see both myself and my other friend tell our sides of the story. You may notice my name there is Dick Cheney, same as it is here. You guys just ain't the brightest I gotta say. As for the whole reporting thing, I'm not going to bother posting the link but if you check on these forums there is a sticky about reporting server abuse, hell its probably been posted in this thread. The thread says you may either create a bug report about it or email the server provider, I emailed the server provider but my friend was unaware of this and just started a bug report so I threw my bit in as well.

I gotta wonder why you two have it out for me, are you mad at me for some raisin?

I gotta wonder why you two have it out for me, are you mad at me for some raisin?

Exactly, I dislike your use of dried fruit.

• Like 2