Exynekk

DayZ starts lagging after 10minutes

PC Specifications:

MB - ASUS P5K

CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 2,8GHz

RAM - 4GB

Previous GPU - nVidia GeForce 9600GT

Actual GPU - Radeon R7 370 Gaming OC 2G

Hey there. I have an issue with my DayZ. Before when I was playing with older GPU so my DayZ was kinda laggy but it was playable.

Now, when I put new GPU into PC so DayZ keeps running on 30-40FPS fluently but after 10minutes my FPS fell down to 2-3FPS and game is almost imposible to play.

I've read many forums with hints and tips how to increase FPS how to set paging files but eventhough problem is still same.

Textures in that moment became fuzzy and when I enter house so I don't see any wall and stuff.

It doesn't matter if I am in that moment in city or running through the field. 

It would be nice if you will find some solution for me, cause I'm so lost and sad that I can't play DayZ with my friends fluently.

PC case is clear so there isn't any kind of dust or something. And with SpeedFan I see that GPU has 30°-35° and CPU has 60°max.

I am already thinking about upgrading my PC dont worry.

I just wonder why with that older GPU it was OK and now it isn't.

Thank you,

Exyn

Edited by Exynekk

PC Specifications:

MB - ASUS P5K

CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 2,8GHz

RAM - 4GB

Previous GPU - nVidia GeForce 9600GT

Actual GPU - Radeon R7 370 Gaming OC 2G

Hey there. I have an issue with my DayZ. Before when I was playing with older GPU so my DayZ was kinda laggy but it was playable.

Now, when I put new GPU into PC so DayZ keeps running on 30-40FPS fluently but after 10minutes my FPS fell down to 2-3FPS and game is almost imposible to play.

I've read many forums with hints and tips how to increase FPS how to set paging files but eventhough problem is still same.

Textures in that moment became fuzzy and when I enter house so I don't see any wall and stuff.

It doesn't matter if I am in that moment in city or running through the field. 

It would be nice if you will find some solution for me, cause I'm so lost and sad that I can't play DayZ with my friends fluently.

PC case is clear so there isn't any kind of dust or something. And with SpeedFan I see that GPU has 30°-35° and CPU has 60°max.

I am already thinking about upgrading my PC dont worry.

I just wonder why with that older GPU it was OK and now it isn't.

Thank you,

Exyn

I suspect its the low amount of ram, I've been told there is a bit of memory leak in this buggar and 4 GB is low low low. Also, 32bit or 64bit os?

I suspect its the low amount of ram, I've been told there is a bit of memory leak in this buggar and 4 GB is low low low. Also, 32bit or 64bit os?

Hey there ! I have same feeling that it might be cause of RAM but.. When I launch the game a check how is RAM going through Ctrl + Alt + Del -> Performance, so there is almost 30% free RAM space.

Anyway I have Win 7 Ultimate 32bit

Edited by Exynekk

Hey there ! I have same feeling that it might be cause of RAM but.. When I launch the game a check how is RAM going through Ctrl + Alt + Del -> Performance, so there is almost 30% free RAM space.

Anyway I have Win 7 Ultimate 32bit

yep, makes sense. 32 bit operating systems can only address a maximum of 4gb of ram, this includes your vram, so that shiny new card just robbed you of two gb of ram basically. 

yep, makes sense. 32 bit operating systems can only address a maximum of 4gb of ram, this includes your vram, so that shiny new card just robbed you of two gb of ram basically. 

So when i will get for example 2GB more of RAM will it even works or not ? :-O

Sorry to hijack this thread but I have a question. You can see my system specs in my signature. Would I have a performance boost if I upgraded to 16 GB RAM?

No, you need a 64 bit OS. As said, 32 bit OS can not handle more than 4 GB of RAM, adding more would be futile.

• Like 1

Sorry to hijack this thread but I have a question. You can see my system specs in my signature. Would I have a performance boost if I upgraded to 16 GB RAM?

Hmm, first is your current setup running single or dual channel? 

Hmm, first is your current setup running single or dual channel? 

Dual channel.

I think the solution is to upgrade to a 64 bit os, the 32 bit option ms offers is strictly for comparability with legacy systems. If you are trying to run a gaming rig, 64bit is a critical upgrade. 

The 4GB limit refers to total addressable memory space and not just the RAM installed. It's a total made up of system RAM, graphics RAM, PCI memory range, ACPI and a few other bits and pieces. And if you think that your system RAM is the only significant factor, think again. You can buy graphics cards fitted with 1GB of RAM, and if you wanted (and had the spare cash!) you could fit three of these into a system. There's not a 1 to 1 relationship between graphics memeory consuming system RAM, but the larger the memory, the more the card sets aside for itself.

Edited by B@ker

No, you need a 64 bit OS. As said, 32 bit OS can not handle more than 4 GB of RAM, adding more would be futile.

I think last question is.. Will my PC be able to work with 64bit Windows ? Cause I remember that PC was made for Vista 32bit and now I have Win7 32bit.. so if there will be any difficulty to instal 64bit or not.. :)

Dual channel.

I cant see you seeing much benefit in dayz, but it can't hurt, ram is cheap and other modern titles (reads ark) are a lot more ram hungry. Testing alpha software also exposes you things like memory leak and other nasty bugs that you may be shielded from if you have the extra headroom....

Will my PC be able to work with 64bit Windows

yep. http://ark.intel.com/products/36500/Intel-Core2-Duo-Processor-E7400-3M-Cache-2_80-GHz-1066-MHz-FSB

Status End of Interactive Support

Launch Date Q1'08

Processor Number E7400

L2 Cache 3 MB

FSB Speed 1066 MHz

FSB Parity No

Instruction Set 64-bit

Embedded Options Available

Edited by B@ker

I think last question is.. Will my PC be able to work with 64bit Windows ? Cause I remember that PC was made for Vista 32bit and now I have Win7 32bit.. so if there will be any difficulty to instal 64bit or not.. :)

Your CPU can handle 64 bit. I am not sure if the motherboard plays a role in 64 bit too, it probably does (?). What mobo you have?

Your CPU can handle 64 bit. I am not sure if the motherboard plays a role in 64 bit too, it probably does (?). What mobo you have?

Motherboard wont matter

• Like 1

It's up there - ASUS P5KPL-AM

I cant see you seeing much benefit in dayz, but it can't hurt, ram is cheap and other modern titles (reads ark) are a lot more ram hungry. Testing alpha software also exposes you things like memory leak and other nasty bugs that you may be shielded from if you have the extra headroom....

I think I won't do it then. I would mean I need 2 new modules and have to throw away the rest (or go to 20 GB if I can find compatible modules, I now have 4x2 GB modules) I never seem to use more than 50% of my RAM in DAYZ and ARK ( I have the free steam download from a few weeks ago) seems to not be my thing, but didn't gave it enough chance yet maybe. I just like realism more than fantasy.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Okay guys.. So advice is.. Reinstall my Win7 to 64bit version and get atleast 2GB more on RAM.. Am i right ? :)

It's up there - ASUS P5KPL-AM

the CPU determines 64bit compatibility

also further snippits:

"The consumption of memory addresses below 4GB can be drastic on high-end gaming systems with large video cards. For example, I purchased one from a boutique gaming rig company that came with 4GB of RAM and two 1GB video cards. I hadn't specified the OS version and assumed that they'd put 64-bit Vista on it, but it came with the 32-bit version and as a result only 2.2GB of the memory was accessible by Windows. You can see a giant memory hole from 8FEF0000 to FFFFFFFF in this Meminfo output from the system after I installed 64-bit Windows."

Okay guys.. So advice is.. Reinstall my Win7 to 64bit version and get atleast 2GB more on RAM.. Am i right ? :)

I yep, but i would go 8.1 http://www.ocaholic.ch/modules/smartsection/item.php?itemid=1460&page=10

8gb ram is standard for a gaming rig. but just by installing a 64bit os you will get all of your lost ram back by virtue of the systems ability to address it

Edited by B@ker

64 bit yes, than test and if necessary put more RAM in but keep it dual channel. (same amount of RAM on "both sides", RAM modules should also run a the same speed (Mhz)

• Like 1

I yep, but i would go 8.1 http://www.ocaholic.ch/modules/smartsection/item.php?itemid=1460&page=10

8gb ram is standard for a gaming rig. but just by installing a 64bit os you will get all of your lost ram back by virtue of the systems ability to address it

Get Win 8.1 won't be a problem.. but to get 2x4GB of RAM it costs a lot.. :D that mobo has only 2 slots.. :(

Get Win 8.1 won't be a problem.. but to get 2x4GB of RAM it costs a lot.. :D that mobo has only 2 slots.. :(

Just try 64 bit first, it will make a difference because you will gain 2 GB more memory than you can use now.

• Like 1

Okay.. So much thanx fellows.. I will do what you said and try that tommorow.. ! Thank you one more time and have a nice evening for now.. :) 

• Like 1

you'll see a hug improvement just by upgrading your os. 

Honestly i wouldnt spend anymore money on that platform. Save up and get into a modern ddr3 or ddr4 option. Your CPU must be starting to show its age.

you could get spend 280 dollars and get into something like this http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/XmC6WZand it only gets better the more money you spend

EDIT Canadian Dollars, USD would be much cheaper if thats where you are...

Edited by B@ker
  • Like 1