Sign in to follow this  
Magodark22

Is this normal or there is something wrong ?

Hi guys, i'm having sooooo much trouble playing dayz, the problem is ????? you guessed it FPS,
i come here to have some opinions on my average FPS, because i think something is wrong...
ok, when i'm in the middle of the forest up north when there is just those little towns nearby i can barely made to 30fps i get an average of 20fps, when i'm in big town like cherno or elektro, go down to the 10's, here is my spec:

Desktop or laptop? desktop
Monitor resolution:1920x1080
CPU:17-2600k 3.4ghz (not OC)
Graphics card:AMD saphire r9 270x (not OC)
RAM:2x4GB, i have an dual channel of crosshairs (not OC)
SSD? (Yes/No) NO

• Like 1

Drop in cities is very much normal, but it should (imo) never drop below 10  even on older rigs.

Couple friends of mine had the same problems with frame rates as low as 5, sometimes 3 fps.

We followed all the tips from this video: 

after that it was back to 30+ fps

I don't think the "CPU-Tools" thingy is neccessary but the graphic settings and the changes to the config files suggested are essential. I suggest you start with those.

Note: there are quite a lot of guides on DayZ-Fps boost out there, but they essentially all boil down to the contents of this video.

Edited by TheMightyLC
  • Like 1

Thank you TheMightyLC for the response.
i'm going to the university now, but has soon as i get back i'll follow all the insctructions on this video, and i'll do a clean install of windows 8.1 too to see if it helps
(i've got almost 4 years of junk in this HDD, it needs to format now :D) after everything is done, i'll tell you guys if it helped

Well after the clean install everything is reset anyway... ;)

If this is the only thing not working, you can still try the suggestions first and see if there is any improvement. Save yourself some time.

Ok, first part already done, nice clean windos 8.1 installed.
i`m installing drivers now. steam, and some other things, by tomorrow everything should be already done

The problem is solved, but unfortunately we dont know what exactly was the problem... maybe it was a group of problems too :/
But now i can easily get ~60fps+ on landscapes away from town, and in big town stay around 30~40.
i'm now experiencing some other problems tough, my mouse on the main menu is like flickering, shuttering... i'll search how to fix it, and in-game my character wont double tap W to run, only holding shift...
anyways, thanks again TheMightLC ! :D