IgnobleBasterd

ATLAS Bipod thread: once and for all

So now I can turn my super-recoiling man cannon into a proper support weapon!? I recently swapped my thirsty aug out for an AKM. During my first encounter, my well constructed ambush was foiled by an uncontrollable bout of recoil after a short blat. Fortunately he didn't know how to serpentine and I was able to tag him as he ran away.

What is the recoil like once the bipod is deployed? Do you have to be prone to receive the bonuses?

Yes, you do need to be prone with the bipod deployed in order to receive the bonuses. I don't know enough about cfgRecoils class to make sense of it, but I know that the bipod modifies it in some way.

It does improve your weapon's dispersion while firing in prone. Also, as long as it is attached, your weapon handling is worse (i.e. your side-to-side movement). 

If I can figure out how it modifies the recoil, I'll let you know.

• Like 1

confirmed. could not put bi-pod on my akm. painted it black. could put bipod on the akm. amazing!

i totally forgot the double click method until you guys said something.

weapon_supports.pbo \ dz \ weapons \ attachments \ supports \ config.cpp \ class Att_Bipod_Atlas:

attachmentCondition = "(_parent itemInSlot 'weaponHandguardM4') isKindOf 'Att_Handguard_M4RIS' or (_parent itemInSlot 'weaponHandguardAK') isKindOf 'Att_Handguard_AK_Rail_Black'";

Paint it black and try again (Although it is already black)

There are 3 types of Att_Handguard_AK_Rail :

Regular, Green and Black.

Basically, the regular one spawns everywhere - the green one can only be achieved by painting the rail green and the black one by painting it black.

The black and regular ones look the same I suppose? The item can only be accepted if in slot 'weaponHandguardAK' (the handguard slot for AK) there is a black rail instead of the regular one or all of the types (I don't know if this command also returns "true" for classes that inherits from the others).

devteam pls fix @Hicks_206

Edited by StanleyWasHappy

I got it working today 17th dec 2015 what you need to do is.

A collect parts AK rail handguard and Atlas bipod (doesn't matter what condition)

B collect a can of black paint

C paint AK Rail handguard

D Relog (important you do this)

E drag Atlas bipod to the weapon (not the Handguard)

F Grin like a Loon when you realised it was this simple

What trickery is this? O_O

AFAIK, it has to do with the color, you needed to paint the handrail or AK black before you could attach the bipod to the AK, at least thats what i've heard

edit: nvm, guy above me was faster

Edited by Zombo

I've answered this several times. Look up the thread, it's called AK Handguards or bipods or something similar.

Bipod fits on all ak's except ak-74u.

I got it working today 17th dec 2015 what you need to do is.

A collect parts AK rail handguard and Atlas bipod (doesn't matter what condition)

B collect a can of black paint

C paint AK Rail handguard

D Relog (important you do this)

E drag Atlas bipod to the weapon (not the Handguard)

F Grin like a Loon when you realised it was this simple

Think step D might just be you, i don't have to relog.

Works fine as long as it is painted black. Now if they actually reduced sway and did not just make the gun more accurate that would be awesome.