Railsplitter84

Character wipe. . . HALP!

Was on the prison island and i got a 'no connection to server' counter and got kicked to the server selection screen. Immeduately logged back in on the same server to find my character reset as a fresh spawn on the coast. Have tried immediately exiting and logging back in, different servers, closing game client, etc.

Is there anything i can do to fix this/prevent in the future?

Was on the prison island and i got a 'no connection to server' counter and got kicked to the server selection screen. Immeduately logged back in on the same server to find my character reset as a fresh spawn on the coast. Have tried immediately exiting and logging back in, different servers, closing game client, etc.

You made sure to check that the servers you are logging in to are the same type as the one you were playing in previous? Like playing 3pp public and got booted, then tried relogging in another 3pp public and not a 1pp public? or a 3pp private?

Also, was there a respawn timer you had to sit through before you found yourself on the coast?

You made sure to check that the servers you are logging in to are the same type as the one you were playing in previous? Like playing 3pp public and got booted, then tried relogging in another 3pp public and not a 1pp public? or a 3pp private?

Also, was there a respawn timer you had to sit through before you found yourself on the coast?

I logged back in to the exact same server, and yes i did have a count down when logging in.

When this happens to you (Assuming you didn't accidentally join a private / 1pp server) it's important you don't move, change weapons, eat / drink etc. You must ascertain without action if you are in the correct body. If you see new spawn stuff like "I'm hungry" / cold / can't see any items in quick bar, press escape and push EXIT. This has worked for me on a number of occasions, anytime i moved or did anything before realizing what had happened i lost my char permanently. 9 out of 10 times i noticed before moving i exited and when i came back onto a server (do a different one just in case) i had my gear.

I know you said you had tried immediately logging out but thought id write this in case you had maybe had a look around yourself or walked a step or something, it's my understanding that most actions will "save over" your actual character file due to new location / item input.

i personally didnt loose a charater due to this bug at least since .50, wouldnt assume that this happened. i guess you were killed, maybe shot. when loosing connection the charakter sometimes keeps moving to the direction you were heading to, so you might as well have fallen to death.

all you can do in prevention is making sure that your connection is stable, which doesnt nessesarily mean that this was the cause in this case. some servers are a bit unstable at the moment.

• Like 1

i personally didnt loose a charater due to this bug at least since .50, wouldnt assume that this happened. i guess you were killed, maybe shot. when loosing connection the charakter sometimes keeps moving to the direction you were heading to, so you might as well have fallen to death.

all you can do in prevention is making sure that your connection is stable, which doesnt nessesarily mean that this was the cause in this case. some servers are a bit unstable at the moment.

If he'd been killed, why would he have got a 'no connection to server' message? Insta-death still happens due to glitches, although this recent spate (like what happened to Atrophy) sounds less like the falling through-the-floor/desync bug and more like a new connection problem.