Sign in to follow this  
Nickisis

Do/Can private servers set themselves up with very little loot?

Played on a new private server tonight, (BadBoyz private server), 50 person private server, lite Role play, No KOS.  Was a cool server, however, there was hardly ANY loot ANYWHERE.  This wasn't how it became more scarce in .58, and this wasn't just on the coast.  Even inland, we were rarely finding loot at all, played for a few hours and maybe only found a few cans of food.

I noticed they had a message that said "Loot restarts only every 2 days".  Does this mean that loot wasn't respawning?  Is that why there was pretty much nothing to be found?

Edited by Nickisis

If "loot restarts only every 2 days," that means that at the start of the server, all the loot is spawned in. ONLY that loot is available until 2 days pass, when more loot is spawned to replace it. So on the second day of playing, 6 hours from restart, good luck finding anything.

I'm thinking that is an old message maybe. Loot doesn't spawn on restart anymore.

Even on a private server?  I mean, it's just like the guy above you said, there was NOTHING.  I mean, I went through two police stations that didn't have a single thing of loot in them.  Not anything.

Also, they had an updated admin message that flashed from time to time (this was BadBoyz private server), that stated specifically, persistence loot respawns every 2 days, this will cause all loot to respawn, tents and vehicles will reset.  It does sound old, but I haven't played on any server with this little loot it was crazy.

Edited by Nickisis

Server admins or owners cannot tinker with loot respawns, or amount of loot. Anything having to do with loot they can not touch.

• Like 1

Where did you look?  Don't expect Elektro/Cherno police stations to have anything.

hi,

i also doubt that you did check all loot locations in a few hours of gameplay - two police stations, thats nothing. the loot situation has changed a lot and you might need to adopt your search patterns, there can be large regions with low loot. as well those buildings "everyone" has gone to in the previous builds are often the first to be picked clean. check, where u didnt check - move on to the next town if u find nothing in the first six buildings or check all places systematicly.

admins cant change loot for the moment - except on thing. they can reset persistence, which will wipe the server and reset the loot. i think thats what the message means.

greets

ive been zig zagging all over the map last few days and come across areas that seem to be completly empty of anything and teh next one has all you need to get set up ( pack , clothes , axe , gun ) .

gotta keep moving around if you wanna loot up :) , i like it , need a bit more effort but its worth it . Plus see more players with the loot being spread more wich is a +1 for me .

1 spawn i was lucky to be geared up within 10 minutes and another time took me an hour . Its definitly there just gotta run around more :p

only thing i cant seem to find so far is a sparkplug , i bet when i deceide to drop the battery etc ill run into one ^^ oh and a moisin , the one i found also ment my death lol

Overal within an hour or 2 i have all i need really .

also would like to thank a player and a group of .. stole a pristine big pack from a guy who was swapping stuff after his kill with some gear in  :p ( would love to see his face after he turned to see my small damaged pack in place hehe)

and a sks wich was part of of a pile of items outside a tent next to their campfire looked as if items where laying there for friends who came up ( saw 2 guys comming down to this location )

I played on BadBoyz server for a few days while testing some crafting stuff. Loot is the same there as other servers. Just have to look around and travel a  lot more than you are used to. What was once high value loot areas in cities (police/fire stations) get looted fast and are slow to have loot replaced in the new system. I spend a lot of time up north (north of the railroad tracks) and there is plenty of loot to find there. I also find loot in the very small villages away from the blacktop roads. Best advice I can give is get off the main roads and away from the big towns to find stuff.