Sign in to follow this  
jefc_uk

(how) does oil barrel persistence work?

I found a barrel up north and put it amongst some rocks and logged off and back on and it was gone. I did this twice with different barrels each time. Each time I was on public servers with names which indicated that persistence was on. Then I got K'dOS while climbing down from a deer stand north of NWAF (on a server with 5 other people!!). Sad because I had an AUG and a truck battery and was happy. Ah well. As my killer said to me as I expired: "This is DayZ. Little bitch". And we could have been friends. 

Spawned and found another barrel in the middle of the road. This time i put some stuff in it before I logged off. Logged back on and it were gone. 

0.58 is great; being forced to travel to find stuff (though still not found a glowplug, despite all the travelling). Would love to be able to keep a modest stash in a barrel though, for the many, many times I get killed to death. 

It doesn't. Server hosts are wiping persistence since its a tad busted atm. Persistence works.... but is lagging servers to death because of hoarders.

• Like 2

It doesn't. Server hosts are wiping persistence since its a tad busted atm. Persistence works.... but is lagging servers to death because of hoarders.

Thanks for the information. So just to clarify; there is nothing I can store stuff in at all? What if I just hide stuff in a room or behind a tree or something? Will it still be there later on?

Thanks for the information. So just to clarify; there is nothing I can store stuff in at all? What if I just hide stuff in a room or behind a tree or something? Will it still be there later on?

Not if the owners are resetting the persistence file.

I'm playing on a private that's been holding it's persistence but it's getting worse and worse going near my stashes or when I get near others it seems. You get huge input lag, like 30 seconds or more trying to interact with inventory, wells, doors etc. when you are near stashes of even 50 items it seems now.

• Like 3

Am I really thick?

Does persistence work across servers on the public hive? Or do I have to log back on to the same public server?

Oh dear.

Am I really thick?

Does persistence work across servers on the public hive? Or do I have to log back on to the same public server?

Oh dear.

the barrels and tents stay on the servers you dropped them.

youre on person gear goes with you...soooo if youre carrying a tent in your hands it goes with you.

Edited by twr
  • Like 1