WildGunsTomcat

Melee Weapon Petition

Right now I would love to have a bat since I just lost my Mak in the grass to climb a ladder and I thought I was putting it into my bag...really thought about suicide by zombie, but now i'll just travel until i get spotted or I find a weapon I can use.

Melee would be a good idea, but it should be only powerful enough to take out a single zombie at a time safely.

melee weapons are a great idea but why not make them have a chance of being dropped or lost like in swimming, eventually you will be grabbing anything you can use to attack with, a shovel, a knife, a flashlight a gas can. it might have a few good swings in it before its gone for good or have to be picked up again. Just a thought.

There needs to be a way to push a zombie back with a gun, taking no damage, just to buy you some time. This includes a gun butt to the head or a sweeping.motion with the gun. It should either push them back or knock them down. Allowing you time to aim or run.

On the subject of running, I think you should be able to climb drainpipes and get up on roofs while zombies surround the house. They will not leave until someone comes to help or you make a dash in a direction they are not looking in.

melee weapons are a great idea but why not make them have a chance of being dropped or lost like in swimming' date=' eventually you will be grabbing anything you can use to attack with, a shovel, a knife, a flashlight a gas can. it might have a few good swings in it before its gone for good or have to be picked up again. Just a thought.

[/quote']

I think this mod should go for realism.. This idea does not sound realistic? Maybe if you're weak, lost a lot of blood or haven't eaten anything. But the same should be true for guns then in the way that you will have an unsteady aim etc.

I don't see why peoply propose that melee weapons should be nearly useless though. They should be situational as I've said before. Nothing to replace guns with but better to use then a gun in certain situations (like for silent single kills and in really bad situations when you really need to kill but have no ammo) like in real life..

/signed

I want to see melee weapons as it's more realistic. But I don't think you should be able to abuse them the way you can in games like left4dead.

I think one swing, one hit on one zombie. It should take a lot more hits to take down a Zombie with body hits then with a gun.

For head hits I still think that 1 hit should kill the zombie, but skulls are pretty tough. I think there should be a 20% or 30% chance your weapon gets stuck in the zombies head and dragged down with the body. You'd have to loot to get it back, which can be deadly in a crowd of Zombies.

Imagine loosing your axe in a Zombie's head while his friends are coming! :huh:

The kinds of weapons I'd like to see are Axes, Combat Knives, Pitchforks, Crowbars, and Hammers.

/signed

I want to see melee weapons as it's more realistic. But I don't think you should be able to abuse them the way you can in games like left4dead.

I think one swing' date=' one hit on one zombie. It should take a lot more hits to take down a Zombie with body hits then with a gun.

For head hits I still think that 1 hit should kill the zombie, but skulls are pretty tough. I think there should be a 20% or 30% chance your weapon gets stuck in the zombies head and dragged down with the body. You'd have to loot to get it back, which can be deadly in a crowd of Zombies.

Imagine loosing your axe in a Zombie's head while his friends are coming! :huh:

The kinds of weapons I'd like to see are Axes, Combat Knives, Pitchforks, Crowbars, and Hammers.

[/quote']

Second this post. I'm all for melee weapons but you can't have a hand weapon that is too over powered and will take away from the fact you need to use ammo wisely.

I love the idea of weapons being stuck in a zombie's head. More realistic.

I would like to add that maybe you can have a chance of the hand weapon breaking also.

well whacking a zombie with ur gun would be a last resort imo so i would be ok with using stock to hit a zombie

well whacking a zombie with ur gun would be a last resort imo so i would be ok with using stock to hit a zombie

Yeah, thought of that, but i guess if there is allready a melee feature working with guns, you could as well just put in any weapon for it.

I think melee would work, there was this ww2 mod for arma that let you use your gun-shank or whatever it was called. All it would really be is an alternate fire mode, that's unlimited, and has a 1 foot radius in front of yourself or something. I'm talking out of my ass here of course, but I could see it working decently.

I suggest that you could only melee on an non-agro'd zombie from behind. While you are doing the melee attack you are vulnerable and your zombie alert level was as high as running.

Theres a guy on youtube that has alot of meele stuff for arma 2, just search for him

There really needs to be melee weapons. If you run out of bullets and zombies are chasing you, you're just dead. There's no discussion. Just dead.

There really needs to be melee weapons. If you run out of bullets and zombies are chasing you' date=' you're just dead. There's no discussion. Just dead.

[/quote']

That is the nature of a rogue-like game. You have no guarantee of survival. In fact, you will die at some point, even if you have ammo.

Melee weapons would be great. I would also love the ability to push zombies back, perhaps making other walkers stumble upon the pushed zombie, slowing down the hoard for a few seconds and buying you some breathing room.

There really needs to be melee weapons. If you run out of bullets and zombies are chasing you' date=' you're just dead. There's no discussion. Just dead.

[/quote']

That is the nature of a rogue-like game. You have no guarantee of survival. In fact, you will day at some point, even if you have ammo.

Yes but what type of idiot wouldn't use a stick if he needed to? Is that what you would do in real life? Just let them devour you when you run out of bullets? I imagine you'd throw yourself to them.

Signed. Even if it is just something that pushes a zombie back so we can run away more it would be better than what we have now.

I like the idea of a melee weapon, i mean this is meant to be a simulation right? Realism being the name of the game, right?

How realistic is it that, given no ammo and an enemy quickly advancing on you, you'd just LET them kill you? Sure you might be holding a perfectly decent bludgeon but, nah, I'll just let him kill me.

And I can't fathom how brain dead you've got to be to consider that adding limited effectiveness, practically zero range melee option into the game would turn it into some easy-mod hack'n'slash game? Are you serious?

This isn't the real apocalypse dude.

Tis merely a video game.

Relax...put the phone down. The CDC doesn't need to be warned.

Go play L4D then... Us people here look for a realistic game. In real life you would be dead in a matter of seconds if you thought you could hack up 5 zombies with a machete.

This is a silly idea, they would tear you apart before you had even damaged the first one enough to make him no longer a threat

This isn't the real apocalypse dude.

Tis merely a video game.

Relax...put the phone down. The CDC doesn't need to be warned.

Go play L4D then... Us people here look for a realistic game. In real life you would be dead in a matter of seconds if you thought you could hack up 5 zombies with a machete.

Dude, if you honestly think that in real fucking life you wouldn't pick up a golf club or bat to get the fucking infected psycho assholes that are trying to eat you...away from your personage....you need your head examined.

Also, I came here for realism too dude. As I have said 300 billion times, I have played since OFP....I am a milsim gamer.

Melee weapons ARE realistic.

*Facepalm*

I like the idea of a melee weapon' date=' i mean this is meant to be a simulation right? Realism being the name of the game, right? [/quote']

Melee weapons would be next to useless. You would die anyway, so what's the point of creating a game mechanic that wouldn't help you?

On the other hand, if melee weapons were made powerful enough to actually kill zombies, then you have a weapon with unlimited ammo, which is not what this game is about.

This game is hard. It's supposed to be hard. You die. Often. Even if you are loaded for bear with some sweet weapons and plenty of meds, you will still die. The slightest mistake and you die. A run of bad luck and you die. Death is inevitable. That's the nature of the game.

Instead of trying to change the game, focus on other aspects -- how long can you stay alive compared to most people? What type of interesting emergent gameplay did you get to experience before dying? Those are the things that make this game really interesting, not melee weapons.

Melee weapons HAVE to be in the mod because who wouldn't pick up something sharp/blunt to protect themselves with?

I think taking down a single zombie or maybe two should be possible. Anymore than that and you are putting yourself in serious danger.

Maybe be quieter than other weapons but not silent either.

Either way it's completely unrealistic to not have melee weapons,

I think alot of people are quick to assume that anything that we add will be exactly like some other game are unable to think that Day Z could have it's own unique processes.