Sign in to follow this  
Rufert

Identifying meat/liquids

I'm a little disappointing that the meat items are named the way they are. 

One of the things I wanted to do when I read about the brain prion disease and the introduction of cannibalism to the game, was keep a bit of human meat in my inventory.

So if some twat kills me and gets my stuff, there'd be a pretty good chance he'd munch on something nasty and get sick. My revenge from beyond the grave. 

Same goes with liquid containers, I was hoping for the ability to keep a canteen filled with disinfectant or the like for a similar effect.

However with human meat being clearly labeled as such, there is no mistaking it for any other kind of meat.

Is this intentional or an oversight? 

In either case. Can we just have it named meat please? And only have the appropriate name for the guy who harvested it from the source?

I already do this with canteens. I fill them with gasoline or disinfectant when entering into combat zones. You can fill them with any substance, in any container.

I already do this with canteens. I fill them with gasoline or disinfectant when entering into combat zones. You can fill them with any substance, in any container.

That's kind of ironic how that works though you can identify the type meat even though it's butchered by an armature easily, yet you can drink a canteen full of diesel without immediately noticing it smells funny, has an oily texture, and tastes like burning.    

• Like 3

I'm a little disappointing that the meat items are named the way they are. 

One of the things I wanted to do when I read about the brain prion disease and the introduction of cannibalism to the game, was keep a bit of human meat in my inventory.

So if some twat kills me and gets my stuff, there'd be a pretty good chance he'd munch on something nasty and get sick. My revenge from beyond the grave. 

Same goes with liquid containers, I was hoping for the ability to keep a canteen filled with disinfectant or the like for a similar effect.

However with human meat being clearly labeled as such, there is no mistaking it for any other kind of meat.

Is this intentional or an oversight? 

In either case. Can we just have it named meat please? And only have the appropriate name for the guy who harvested it from the source?

In regards to the meat, it's not particularly difficult to tell different types of meat apart, for the most part. Having an image (and only an image) of the meat would be the most realistic, but it wouldn't exactly be difficult to learn what to avoid (just learn what human meat looks like. Even if the image is from a randomized selection, it shouldn't be that hard, though pork does apparently look a lot like human meat).

As for the drinks, it'd be ridiculous to not be able to tell what's what (and I don't believe you currently can). If you have a sense of smell, you can tell bleach, petrol, water and disinfectant apart, before even tasting it - and the second I taste it, if it's not water, I'm going to spit it right back out.

Edited by Beizs

It would be nice if meat was just labelled "meat" and you had to identify it by look.

• Like 1

It would be nice if meat was just labelled "meat" and you had to identify it by look.

That's what I'm thinking, we already do that to an extent with berries.

Also containers having an option to "smell" before you drink from them.

That's kind of ironic how that works though you can identify the type meat even though it's butchered by an armature easily, yet you can drink a canteen full of diesel without immediately noticing it smells funny, has an oily texture, and tastes like burning.    

I used a couple canteens once (in 0.58 exp) to fill the truck. Even though I then filled one with water, I still got food poisoning. It wasn't difficult to get healthy again, but I still found it annoying that I have no way of telling if a canteen is clean or not. Have you also noticed, you can pour contents from the cooking pot into the canteen (currently only water/gasoline). I expect us to be able to fill the canteens with home-cooked stew (or something like that), in order to keep warm and maybe have more nourishment than from a few cans of food. So the idea of smelling something first to identify it would be cool. Could even go that far that you lose the option when you get hypothermia ^^

About carrying human mean with you - don't you see the irony? In order to carry that you'd have to kill and slaughter a human first, the second of which should give you bad, bad karma ;)

If you want people to eat that meat you have to be just as bad as the people who kill you. 

Edited by S3V3N