Sign in to follow this  
beentheredonethat

mic not working when I run

Ok was hoping someone could tell  me what i'm doing wrong. When i'm walking or just jogging cap lock works just fine for talking,but if i'm running thats w plus shift plus hit cap lock I dont get the mic icon so I cant talk to anyone if were running.couldn't find nothing on this one,anyone have any ideas would be appreciated.I'm just using a cheap headset and mic from logitec.Other than that it works fine.

Just a wild guess, but maybe your keyboard does not support multiple key presses? Do you have another keyboard you can try?

Yes I do,never thought about that,I will give that a try might be next week before I play again,but I will let you know if that works,thanks

From the wiki if yo have a cheap it's probably this

Multi-key rollover[edit]

A keyboard with "two-key rollover" can reliably detect only any two keys used simultaneously; in other words, a user can hold down any key on the keyboard and press a second key, and be sure that the keypress is correctly detected by the computer. However, if the user has two keys depressed and attempts to strike a third key, the third keypress may create a "phantom key" by shorting out the switch matrix. This is not acceptable for quality keyboards because there are many cases when more than two keys need to be depressed at the same time, such as Ctrl-Alt-Delete, or when more than two keys are depressed because of fast typing ("rolling over" more than two keys).

Edited by BCBasher

Thank you all for the info. will try key bind plus I do have a keyboard that says it supports multi key input....have a nice Day...Z