Sign in to follow this  
billyangstadt

Streamer tears in exp.

Loot distribution is cool but it's not enough. I managed to get weapon,ammo, food, bottle, some tools in less than an hour on medium pop server. But it felt too easy.

We need zombies. What I want is to be hard to get that item that you finally find. I want to fight zombies for every can of bacon. I want to feel tired after I played few hours, not bored.

I hope we get that feeling again soon.

This. For me it's not so much about whether or not the loot is spawning, but how challenging it is to get tot it. Gearing up should take time AND effort.

My fave time was camping the static crashes to kill hoppers. Talk about absolute raging.

That feeling when...

When some brazen dope thinks that logging right next to the burnt-out chassis is safe, just because it's a night server; thank you hunting scope.

That feeling when...

When some brazen dope thinks that logging right next to the burnt-out chassis is safe, just because it's a night server; thank you hunting scope.

Exactly!!

Even if you miss, you have 30 more seconds of a body standing still to get it right.

They don't spawn anything reliable.

Sounds like it is working then.

Hopefully eventually the loot system is so random that you can't enter a home with even a slight inclination as to what to expect inside.

Really? You think a hockey stick is useful?

I have killed a fully geared guy using a hockey stick, so I think melee weapons can definitely be useful.

Sounds like it is working then.

Hopefully eventually the loot system is so random that you can't enter a home with even a slight inclination as to what to expect inside.

Thats what im hoping for. Tired of hearing about the "food house" or the piano house where your chances of a rifle are high.

I hope one day to open one of those small aluminum sheds by itself in the hay bail fields and find an AK.

The question begs to be asked, who was it?

To be honest, it's a lower level streamer who got raided by a big streamer, that's how I found him.

Most of the mainstream broadcasters understand the system and what you're trying to accomplish. The others who still crave PVP play .57.

That being said, come .58 stable, they're gunna have a bad time and probably get frustrated seeing as how alot of stream chats don't have the patience to hang around for their streamer to get geared for PVP.

I personally love to watch guys like Crom who use mechanics like hunting, campfires fir warmth, etc.

Even civilian guns have been very rare for me. Maybe I've just been unlucky, but I only have an SKS... Which uses ammo that spawns only in military areas.

For the most part, however, I think that it's about right. I like scarcity in a game like DayZ and it's infinitely better than 57.

Edited by Beizs
  • Like 1

I remember in the mod, getting anything better than a winchester or enfield meant going to a hotzone or getting lucky with a helo crash. Be glad you can find scoped, effective rifles, and swagtastic clothes without ever facing the gauntlet of the NW or Stary.

finding an M24 in a deer stand was like hitting the jackpot

the loot right now in .58 is way better than on stable, on stable every server has the same loot at the same place, very weird

plus 0.58 comes with not-ready-to-drive V3Ss, no sound bugs and the anti-peek 3rd person camera

Edited by Zombo

I had a three/four hour run on Experimental two nights ago. I spawned in Cherno and ran West, eventually cut up towards Pav Military, hit Zeleno and carried on up to NWAF. I found plenty food, clothes, assorted junk, pistols, mags, ammo etc but it wasn't until I killed two guys at Zeleno (got an MP5 from one) that I had a gun other than the P1 Pistol I had been using. This didn't bother me, though, it may bother some. I actually ENJOY LOOTING.

• Like 2

I had a three/four hour run on Experimental two nights ago. I spawned in Cherno and ran West, eventually cut up towards Pav Military, hit Zeleno and carried on up to NWAF. I found plenty food, clothes, assorted junk, pistols, mags, ammo etc but it wasn't until I killed two guys at Zeleno (got an MP5 from one) that I had a gun other than the P1 Pistol I had been using. This didn't bother me, though, it may bother some. I actually ENJOY LOOTING.

I'm having an absolute blast

• Like 1

... seeing as how alot of stream chats don't have the patience to hang around for their streamer to get geared for PVP.

The solution to that sounds like gearing up before you start your stream if it is PVP focused.

(BTW, "alot" is two words, "a" and "lot".)