Sign in to follow this  
BCBasher

Plays.tv

Anyone else using this?

What do you think of it?

It downloaded on the laptop the kids play on when we updated their amd video drivers and seemed to work pretty well. I decided to try it on my old desktop which is pushed pretty hard just running DayZ itself and a quick 5 minute test with a webcam seem to work pretty well. Most of the recording was looking at the the server list during a a phone call with the wife and the audio and webcam looked and sounded good, you could hear both sides of the phone call but my wife is the loudest person I've ever met. Other than what seemed like a little longer than usual loading in but the minute or so actually walking around seemed about normal for my rig. I tried the Razer Cortex video recorder and it completely froze my computer for five to ten minutes while it toggled on and of.

I play at 3840X720 and it plays back full fov with black bars on a single display and full resolution if I maximize it across my 3 screens.

Anyone else using this?

What do you think of it?

It downloaded on the laptop the kids play on when we updated their amd video drivers and seemed to work pretty well. I decided to try it on my old desktop which is pushed pretty hard just running DayZ itself and a quick 5 minute test with a webcam seem to work pretty well. Most of the recording was looking at the the server list during a a phone call with the wife and the audio and webcam looked and sounded good, you could hear both sides of the phone call but my wife is the loudest person I've ever met. Other than what seemed like a little longer than usual loading in but the minute or so actually walking around seemed about normal for my rig. I tried the Razer Cortex video recorder and it completely froze my computer for five to ten minutes while it toggled on and of.

I play at 3840X720 and it plays back full fov with black bars on a single display and full resolution if I maximize it across my 3 screens.

I thought you played on a potato, and you're able to run a recorder while playing? I think my rig is officially the worst on this forum lol

I thought you played on a potato, and you're able to run a recorder while playing? I think my rig is officially the worst on this forum lol

Unless you got what I have I keep the title

I do get a steady 15-20 FPS on medium to high on the newer patches.

Im using this till I finish Basic and get my enistment bonus this summer

http://www.walmart.com/ip/43310431?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=24&adid=22222222228032515464&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=64529976176&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=111308519336&veh=sem

Athlon x2 3800, 4 gigs of whatever ram the store had, gtx650ti 1 gig, and 3 Walmart TV's. That's why I was impressed I could record my game in extra wide and webcam without a noticeable hit. I can't even use ts3 without feeling it.

*cough cough* my sig *cough cough*

Seriously though, I've been there fellas, playing intensive games on a shitbox is no fun. I might have to look into this play.tv, I've used OBS forever and this sounds like it won't hurt performance as much, OBS absolutely destroys my fps even when i record in 30 frames, with games like CS:GO  :huh:

Edited by WilBischof

You really shouldn't be suffering at all with that kinda rig WilBischof (in your sig).. I've seen popular streamers with lower specs saying they are using OBS whilst throwing up smooth 60fps livestreams.

Nobody uses Shadowplay? I have tried it and OBS and gotta say that I like Shadowplay a lot more. It's so easy to setup and doesn't cause performance drop at all atleast when recording.

I can second Shadowplay. Foolproof and looks great. Records my Teamspeak and Skype calls too, which is sweet. Glad i have Nvidia card.

I had worst rig on this forum, but I invested 25$ in Core™2 Duo E8600, and got 4 GB of RAM as a gift. Now I have solid 15 FPS in big cities.

Nobody uses Shadowplay? I have tried it and OBS and gotta say that I like Shadowplay a lot more. It's so easy to setup and doesn't cause performance drop at all atleast when recording.

Tried it with my old CPU and it turned game into slide show, same with Fraps. I think Ill have some time tomorow to try messing with recording.

You really shouldn't be suffering at all with that kinda rig WilBischof (in your sig).. I've seen popular streamers with lower specs saying they are using OBS whilst throwing up smooth 60fps livestreams.

I don't "suffer" but I do notice a sizeable drop in FPS when I do record with OBS. My Upload speed on my Internet is also not enough to sustain a smooth 60 fps livestream...

Op...

I'm not sure for what purpose you want to record, but I assume you want to upload to YouTube? For video making your large resolution isn't going to be much help. Unless you know something I don't I'd recommend recording at the resolution you want your video to play at. That way you avoid converting resolution in post.

In other words, you might get your video to look a lot nicer by recording in standard 720 or 1080. It might improve your fps too.