TheMachine

I KNOW you're an exploiter if you disagree

Tell me about how this will be fair for people who lose power?

I've had 1 power cut in the last decade' date=' are you seriously suggesting that's an issue for a large number of players?

[/quote']

Yes, it's called the entire state of Florida. Hurricanes and Wet Season thunderstorms fuck our shit.

So you're suggesting DayZ let exploiters ruin the game for 100% of players because you won't buy a backup genetor or because you get maybe 3 or 4 power cuts a year that have an outside chance of kicking you while you're raiding a barn in berezino?

Get real son, this post has exploiter written all over it.

These arguments about power cuts and hamster powered internet connections are franky hilarious.

I'd be happy to see a fix for disconnecting players, it's obnoxious as hell. However, a 30 second delay on quitting doesn't seem like a good answer. Causing instant death when you're disconnected is the absolute WRONG answer.

Also, people, stop assuming because YOUR electricity and internet somehow never have outages(a blatant lie, anybody who has said it) that it's the same for everyone else. My internet has at least one 5-10 minute outage a week, and I have no idea when it will happen.

I know Rocket experimented with keeping player characters in the world for so many minutes after logging, but he reverted that due to issues related to it(I don't recall what).

It seems like a tricky issue and you don't want to cause players who aren't trying to cheat their way out of death to log back in to suddenly discover that they died after they had quit while presumably safe.

The odds of it going out at just the right time are so small it just won't be an issue relatively speaking. And it'll be a shortish timer

Exactly.

If your internet is that bad then you're probably dying due to latency issues a lot anyway.

For 99.5% of people it isn't an problem' date=' thus the game shouldn't be handicapped for the tiny .5% who have [b']some issues.

But anyway, I bet that guy who posted about is an alt + F4 pirate.

Just alt + F4 out of this thread, buddy. :dodgy:

Lol I'm not an "alt + F4 pirate" I just have shitty Internet.

Then don't expect to do well in online games, eh?

Fact is this issue is bigger than the >1% of people who have hamsters powering their internet connections, since it affects everyone.

This doesnt just effect people with interet problems. Think about this, your looting trough a city, then real life calls. You run to a house and disconnect, within that 30 seconds another player finds your character and kills him or zombies get to you.

We all have real lifes, I'm happy to accept that risk to banish these exploiters from the game.

Are you?

How about rocket focus on fixing performance and mechanics instead of trying to balance pvp in the ALPHA. Before you call me an alt-f4 jockey, just remember that things like this are on the backburner while he gets features added and stabilizes builds around much harder to fix things.

Does it suck when someone alt-f4's when you deserve the kill? hell yes. But it doesnt affect playability so its not a priority.

This doesnt just effect people with interet problems. Think about this' date=' your looting trough a city, then real life calls. You run to a house and disconnect, within that 30 seconds another player finds your character and kills him or zombies get to you.

[/quote']

And..? This is normal, not an issue. Have you ever played other full loot games like Mortal Online, Darkfall or UO? Its common sense that you cant be afk in such games and if you do that its at your own risk, so ppl look for hidden places to stay away and go to bathroom or just take the risk if its so urgent.

I'd be happy to see a fix for disconnecting players' date=' it's obnoxious as hell. However, a 30 second delay on quitting doesn't seem like a good answer. Causing instant death when you're disconnected is the absolute WRONG answer.

Also, people, stop assuming because YOUR electricity and internet somehow never have outages(a blatant lie, anybody who has said it) that it's the same for everyone else. My internet has at least one 5-10 minute outage a week, and I have no idea when it will happen.

I know Rocket experimented with keeping player characters in the world for so many minutes after logging, but he reverted that due to issues related to it(I don't recall what).

It seems like a tricky issue and you don't want to cause players who aren't trying to cheat their way out of death to log back in to suddenly discover that they died after they had quit while presumably safe.

[/quote']

Good post, a shorter timer would be better. Maybe 15-20 seconds? It would still allow for disconnecters to get killed in a fire fight. What OP said about the timer being double for people who press alt + f4 would also make sense.

How about rocket focus on fixing performance and mechanics instead of trying to balance pvp in the ALPHA. Before you call me an alt-f4 jockey' date=' just remember that things like this are on the backburner while he gets features added and stabilizes builds around much harder to fix things.

Does it suck when someone alt-f4's when you deserve the kill? hell yes. But it doesnt affect playability so its not a priority.

[/quote']

Alpha is where these game crippling issues get sorted out?

This, in my opinion (and many other peoples, going by the dozen threads on this today alone) is the biggest issue just now ruining the immersion of DayZ.

You just can't engage another player just now, they just logout.

How about this if the server kicks you than you don't die thus solving the issue with kicks.

How about there is no real issue with kicks?

well I was trying to be helpful

How about this if the server kicks you than you don't die thus solving the issue with kicks.

How about there is no real issue with kicks?

well I was trying to be helpful

Yeah I know, I'm just in machine vs. carebear mode.

I'd be happy to see a fix for disconnecting players' date=' it's obnoxious as hell. However, a 30 second delay on quitting doesn't seem like a good answer. Causing instant death when you're disconnected is the absolute WRONG answer.

[/quote']

Good post, a shorter timer would be better. Maybe 15-20 seconds? It would still allow for disconnecters to get killed in a fire fight. What OP said about the timer being double for people who press alt + f4 would also make sense.

30-40segs is what other games use, so DayZ should also uses 30-40segs.

How about rocket focus on fixing performance and mechanics instead of trying to balance pvp in the ALPHA. Before you call me an alt-f4 jockey' date=' just remember that things like this are on the backburner while he gets features added and stabilizes builds around much harder to fix things.

[/quote']

This, in my opinion (and many other peoples, going by the dozen threads on this today alone) is the biggest issue just now ruining the immersion of DayZ.

Errr not the biggest bro. THe biggest is definetly ppl hopping from one server to another, then comes things desappearing from your tent/car, then FPS and servers stability. But I think adding a timer should be easy.

[/quote']

[/quote']

Errr not the biggest bro. THe biggest is definetly ppl hopping from one server to another, then comes things desappearing from your tent/car, then FPS and servers stability. But I think adding a timer should be easy.

30-40 secs is what other games use? Yeah, MMORPGs. Games without permadeath. Games that aren't like DayZ. Please don't push for something because it works in other dissimilar games. Just because it worked for those games does not mean it's the right solution for DayZ.

But we all agree something has to be done.

Exploiters will claim that this will result in deaths from internet kicks etc.

almost everything is happening clientside, a logout timer can not be forced serverside. if you alt+f4, you are technically logged out. good luck hunting carebears.

Honestly, who really cares? I might get a little miffed if I walk up on someone and put a mag in them only for them to DC, but I honestly don't give a fuck afterwards and I move on. It's a fucking game for christ's sake, and there are other problems that need to be tackled instead of dealing with the people that bawl because the guy they shot had a DMR and a Coyote backpack, but they couldn't get it because he/she disconnected.

And great title, OP, "Everyone who doesn't agree with me is obviously wrong." :rolleyes:

Honestly' date=' who really cares? I might get a little miffed if I walk up on someone and put a mag in them only for them to DC, but I honestly don't give a fuck afterwards and I move on. It's a fucking game for christ's sake, and there are other problems that need to be tackled instead of dealing with the people that bawl because the guy they shot had a DMR and a Coyote backpack, but they couldn't get it because he/she disconnected.

And great title, OP, "Everyone who doesn't agree with me is obviously wrong." :rolleyes:

[/quote']

Alt + F4 bandit here.

Honestly' date=' who really cares? I might get a little miffed if I walk up on someone and put a mag in them only for them to DC, but I honestly don't give a fuck afterwards and I move on. It's a fucking game for christ's sake, and there are other problems that need to be tackled instead of dealing with the people that bawl because the guy they shot had a DMR and a Coyote backpack, but they couldn't get it because he/she disconnected.

[/quote']

You can clearly tell the OP was looking for a serious discussion in which all sides of the debate could be considered in an unbiased fashion.

[/quote']

You can clearly tell the OP was looking for a serious discussion in which all sides of the debate could be considered in an unbiased fashion.

Right is right.

And I'm right, the exploits need to be clamped down.

Alt + F4 bandit here.

You got me all figured out, huh, broski?

:rolleyes:

Besides, as I believe Rocket pointed out after experimenting with a logout timer, it caused unnecessary server lag, hence its removal. MMO's can implement a logout timer because the combat is handled differently. The ones that I played years ago weren't PVP-focused, and only implemented the timer when engaged in combat. Keeping people logged in after they DC is gonna create a lot of unhappy customers when they discover they lost all of their gear because the safe place they logged out was discovered by a random survivor.

Alt + F4 bandit here.

You got me all figured out' date=' huh, broski?

[/quote']

So, you disagree and don't want anything done about exploiters?

[/quote']

[/quote']

30-40 secs is what other games use? Yeah, MMORPGs. Games without permadeath. Games that aren't like DayZ. Please don't push for something because it works in other dissimilar games. Just because it worked for those games does not mean it's the right solution for DayZ.

But we all agree something has to be done.

Nope, actually games like DayZ. What do you understand about permadeath? It would be permadeath for me if we had lost a character and had to skill it up again, not just loosing gear and respawning at random area with resetted debug monitor. So only gear seems to be a loss. Like I said before: other games, LIKE DAYZ, with full loot and shit, has this feature and this works. Actually, is the only reason for having it, the full loot, or other games it just seems pointless.

In those games that timer works exactly for that: prevent ppl from logging off just to escape from a battle and save his gear. You can log off but first you have to make your enemy loose you or get a fair distance from him or he will attack you and just cancel your logging off. That is how it works.

In such games you just dont loose only your gear like in DayZ, some you have to re-skill up wich is a pain in the a**. Also remember that you have to CRAFT your gear not just take it from spawns. So, comparing DayZ to those games DayZ is soft.

Right is right.

And I'm right' date=' the exploits need to be clamped down.

[/quote']

What is the thing everyones missing? This game is ALPHA. That means when it finally goes to beta, we shouldn't have these problems. Also to the op.

THERE IS A MOTHER F***ING SUB THREAD CALLED DAYZ SUGGESTIONS THIS BELONGS THERE.

Alt + F4 bandit here.

You got me all figured out' date=' huh, broski?

[/quote']

So, you disagree and don't want anything done about exploiters?

Read my first post.

This is just amazing. Not 1 real example given that would not already affect every aspect of your gaming life.

1. You have a kid? Congrats! How about not playing a game while your babysitting? If you have to jump off at any random second, what online MP games can you play that don't punish you for this or make you "lose"? How about those casual games like FIFA, Madden, NHL, CoD, battlefield, etc.. They are all the same. If you have to leave you lose/die, at least this gives you a chance.

2. You live in a 3rd world state and lose internet/power daily? I'm sorry but what other games (SP or MP) allow you to save after your power/internet goes out? I'm sorry if your playing MP you lose and if your playing SP its back to the last checkpoint.

3. Your popular. Suuuuure.

LOL at this game being hardcore when its the only game with a "I'm sorry this game doesn't count" button combo.

There needs to be a logout timer - simple as.

When you hit abort it should have a 30 second (minimum' date=' probably more) timer that starts and you can't logout before it ends.

Similarly if you alt + F4 you should stay in game for 60 seconds.

[/quote']

I disagree, the timer is far too long at 30 seconds, 10 seconds is long enough, then just make it reset if you get hit during it. but standing around for a minute to half a minute is too much.

OR

Make it a you cannot log out for 30 seconds after taking damage. there you go now you can log out quickly when you have to run to the bathroom, kids are sprinting around with knifes etc,

I just shot you down on all levels, enjoy being wrong :3

There needs to be a logout timer - simple as.

When you hit abort it should have a 30 second (minimum' date=' probably more) timer that starts and you can't logout before it ends.

Similarly if you alt + F4 you should stay in game for 60 seconds.

Exploiters will [i']claim that this will result in deaths from internet kicks etc.

But that's only because they enjoy exploiting ALT + F4, two finger salute.

The truth is that it's 2012 and internet connections don't suck anymore.

And hell, even if they did, a few deaths (probably less than 1%) from kicks is better than 80% of people abusing exploits that ruin the immersion of the game.

I know rocket is working on a solution, I'm just making this thread because I really hope he goes all the way to stop this behaviour.

There will be whining, there will be crying, but there will also be more carebears dying and that, I think we can all agree is a good thing.

I do not agree, and do not alt+f4.

What really needs to happen is being locked to one server, then people cannot jump servers to change their spot.

A log out timer can fuck over people who are not even in a fight, but got to log off/legit dc, and a guy just stumbles upon them.

I have decent internet, and still get random dcs. There are also such power outages, and its summer time so everyone runs ac's.

So fuck you sir, you are wrong.

Wow, this is probably the worst thread I have seen on this forums. I honestly cannot tell if OP is plain spoiled, retarded, or mean as fuck because he can't get what he wants. Anyways, I'll weigh in.

I live in the country. I have both shitty internet and when storms hit I lose power often. In my area this winter 10,000 people were without power for 5 days. No big fucking deal, right? It would make a lot more sense to move to a big town so I can play video games 24/7 like OP, but I don't have that big of a hard-on for video games. I do still play a lot though. And I can bet you even because of my poor internet performance, I can still mop your ass up in DayZ and vanilla ArmA2.

And it seems like no one actually fucking thinks about these "OMG LOGOUT TIMER WTF ROCKET?!!?!" threads. People have real lives. Wouldn't it be better for a logout timer to say have a 30 second timer that when you initiate, you can still move around until that timer runs out and logs you out? Anyone who disagrees with this is an obvious exploiter.

OP is ridiculously butthurt. This thread is megafail. Your father would be disappointed in you OP.