tandwan

Third person

No one argues about the correct way to play.  People are being forced to migrate to 3pp servers due to population.

Guy with 70 posts on the forums telling everyone which is the "correct" way to play...

News flash, smart guy - ARMA II DayZ Mod was/is 100% 3rd person servers. 

Listen, I have no problem with 1st person. If DayZ switched over to 100% 1st person locked servers TOMORROW, I'd still play it, on the caveat that they fix some of the glaring issues with it. 

1. Improve performance so most people can get 60+ FPS in cities.

2. Give an option to go "3pp" in vehicles.

3. Lock FOV for everyone to ~90. 

4. Slightly increase the interior size of most buildings.

5. Fix clipping/step issues with world objects such as rocks/branches/etc etc.

6. Fix desync/player teleporting/skipping issues.

7. Fix/add animations for certain things (For example - If you're running and you want to switch guns while having your gun UP in the "ready" position, the game stops you in place and forces you to stand still while the animation plays.... Reason? Missing animation.)

Fix those things, and 1pp would be fine to play on. 

• Like 1

Guy with 70 posts on the forums telling everyone which is the "correct" way to play...

News flash, smart guy - ARMA II DayZ Mod was/is 100% 3rd person servers. 

Listen, I have no problem with 1st person. If DayZ switched over to 100% 1st person locked servers TOMORROW, I'd still play it, on the caveat that they fix some of the glaring issues with it. 

1. Improve performance so most people can get 60+ FPS in cities.

2. Give an option to go "3pp" in vehicles.

3. Lock FOV for everyone to ~90. 

4. Slightly increase the interior size of most buildings.

5. Fix clipping/step issues with world objects such as rocks/branches/etc etc.

6. Fix desync/player teleporting/skipping issues.

7. Fix/add animations for certain things (For example - If you're running and you want to switch guns while having your gun UP in the "ready" position, the game stops you in place and forces you to stand still while the animation plays.... Reason? Missing animation.)

Fix those things, and 1pp would be fine to play on. 

K, now I know you're just a troll and have nothing to contribute.  Good day to you

Wrong, population is dictating for 1pp to play on 3pp but due to the exploitative wall peeking, 1pp players are at an extreme disadvantage so it's more to balance the game out so wall peekers can't have that huge advantage over those who still play 1pp on a 3pp server.

No one wants to remove your precious "must look at how pretty my character looks" view

I have no idea what you're trying to argue here.

If 3pp wall peeking is so bad for dedicated 1pp players, why don't they play on the 1pp servers? The whole "Well the population is too low" argument is shit, maybe if people who wanted a 1pp experience without having to deal with us 3pp scrubs actually PLAYED on the 1pp servers instead of whining there wouldn't be a population issue.

• Like 1

I have no idea what you're trying to argue here.

If 3pp wall peeking is so bad for dedicated 1pp players, why don't they play on the 1pp servers? The whole "Well the population is too low" argument is shit, maybe if people who wanted a 1pp experience without having to deal with us 3pp scrubs actually PLAYED on the 1pp servers instead of whining there wouldn't be a population issue.

You're only a scrub because you think you're so leet.  Like I said, no one wants to take away your precious 3pp but to balance it out so it's not so exploitative.  Hell, even my buddies who play on 3pp hate the view because they think it's cheap but they like to see their characters.

Seriously people either play 3pp or 1pp trying to merge them into one is not customer savvy. I play both get the same tension on both I am immersed in both I personally give 2 shits about wall peeking as you can lean peek through walls on 1pp soooo suck it up buttercup play 1pp and quit bitchin about 3pp . 

• Like 2

I know I said I was done but this thread but this is more thank you, I needed a new sig and this one seemed worthy.

• Like 1

You're only a scrub because you think you're so leet.  Like I said, no one wants to take away your precious 3pp but to balance it out so it's not so exploitative.  Hell, even my buddies who play on 3pp hate the view because they think it's cheap but they like to see their characters.

But if its a hardcore survival game why would wall peaking be an issue? Unless, of course, you are pvping. But pvp is for COD scrubs who just want to gear up and shoot at things in elektro so for someone like you who is clearly a purist, how is wall peaking hurting your enjoyment of the game?

• Like 1

K, now I know you're just a troll and have nothing to contribute.  Good day to you

I listed off 7 quality of life and performance issues which would make 1st person playable and more popular than it currently is and you call me a troll.... You know calling someone a troll doesn't remove what they said from the internet, right? You know that no matter how much you call someone a troll, the other readers on the forums will see how you responded to perfectly good points and you'll be chalked up as the troll, right? 

You REALIZE that you're fucking new here and these arguments have all been made 1000 times before you, right? 

You REALIZE that you're not contributing ANYTHING to this, right?! 

Kay.. Just sayin'.

I know I said I was done but this thread but this is more thank you, I needed a new sig and this one seemed worthy.

Stating facts about CS is quotable in your sig? 

Whatever makes you feel good sweetheart.

Stating stupid facts about CS:GO is quotable. You're absolutely right. CS:GO is the first ever tactical FPS that was successful. Not Arma 2, Ghost Recon, Operation Flashpoint, or Project Reality the BF2 mod, Dragon Rising... no, no, no. They never did tournaments, so they're obviously shit. Truly done with this thread now, if nothing else Eltherimp, you've made this amusing to read. Keep on fighting the durp fight.

Stating stupid facts about CS:GO is quotable. You're absolutely right. CS:GO is the first ever tactical FPS that was successful. Not Arma 2, Ghost Recon, Operation Flashpoint, or Project Reality the BF2 mod, Dragon Rising... no, no, no. They never did tournaments, so they're obviously shit. Truly done with this thread now, if nothing else Eltherimp, you've made this amusing to read. Keep on fighting the durp fight.

Most of his points about the problems with 1PP are correct, though. When the game is a little farther along performance- and feature-wise more people will play 1PP. As of now, it kinda' sucks.

I listed off 7 quality of life and performance issues which would make 1st person playable and more popular than it currently is and you call me a troll.... You know calling someone a troll doesn't remove what they said from the internet, right? You know that no matter how much you call someone a troll, the other readers on the forums will see how you responded to perfectly good points and you'll be chalked up as the troll, right? 

You REALIZE that you're fucking new here and these arguments have all been made 1000 times before you, right? 

You REALIZE that you're not contributing ANYTHING to this, right?! 

Kay.. Just sayin'.

Lol new?  I've been following these forums since 2012 but only recently decided to make an account because I see too many trolls running the forums and giving bad suggestions and ideas.  Unlike you, who decided to turn this thread into a pissing match with your "I'm so awesome at this game yammering", have mentioned that there is no correct way to play the game when it comes to 1pp or 3pp.  The OP, if you bothered to read it, asked how to get more people involved into 1pp servers which you then yammer on about performance, mouse lag, can't see enough blah blah blah.  I on the other hand, don't have performance issues that don't correlate to an un-optimized alpha, have zero lag issues with mouse movement and have no issue with the field of view.  The only thing that was brought is, yes the corner peeking which the OP, again, stated is getting fixed.  Carry on forum warrior, carry on.

Edited by leader.one

Most of his points about the problems with 1PP are correct, though. When the game is a little farther along performance- and feature-wise more people will play 1PP. As of now, it kinda' sucks.

All insignificant since performance does not magically change with the perspective.

Not CSGO... Counter-Strike. Counter-Strike (Beta) came out in 1999 and saw prominent tournament play from around 2002 until just recently (like 2012). There were only 2 real "tactical shooters" at the time, and that was Rainbow Six (1998) and Counter-Strike the HL Mod. This was WAY before BF2 (2005) and around the same time as Ghost Recon.. Ghost Recon came out November of 2001. Arma II wasn't released until 2009. Operation Flashpoint, 2001.

My original comment: 

Counter-Strike was the first successful Tactical FPS ... TACTICAL, FIRST, PERSON, SHOOTER.. And it's one of the most popular FPS games of all time.

COUNTER-STRIKE <-- NOT CSGO

Is the FIRST <-- 1999 is BEFORE 2001

SUCCESSFUL <-- In 2001-2002, Rainbow Six and Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear together sold 450,000 copies, As of December 3, 2008, the original Counter-Strike had sold 4.2 million retail copies, Counter-Strike: Condition Zero had sold 2.9 million, Counter-Strike (Xbox) had sold 1.5 million, and Counter-Strike: Source had sold 2.1 million. Digital sales via Steam are not factored in.

I think it's fair to say that my statement is 100% correct. CS was the first successful tactical FPS.. Maybe instead of arguing against it, perhaps we should take some lessons from why CS was so successful and use that to make a better DayZ.. Not saying I want DayZ to include/introduce Arcade-y game-play and small-maps.. But here's a list of things that DayZ COULD use from CS and NOT ruin the aesthetic or spirit of DayZ.

1. Grenade physics (CSGO honestly has some of the best grenade physics ever..)

2. Recoil (The way you can pull down on your crosshair in CS games to compensate for recoil)

3. FOV (FOV in CS is locked.)

4. Optimization... Unfortunately this may not even be possible within the engine... but this is to say that the engine/game SHOULD be much better optimized; I don't think anyone can argue with that.

Combine that with improving some of the map issues as I explained in a previous post, and you DayZ would actually be playable on 1pp. 

All insignificant since performance does not magically change with the perspective.

Nobody said performance changes.. Re-read what I wrote.

FPS LOSS (which is ever present in DayZ, especially in cities and in gunfights) causes mouse-sensitivity to be inconsistent. In 1st person this effect is WORSE than in 3rd person, because in 3rd person you can see more around you, so you can regain control of which way you're aiming/looking much easier than you can in 1st person. If you want us to test this so I can prove it to you, I'm more than willing to do that.

4. Optimization... Unfortunately this may not even be possible within the engine... but this is to say that the engine/game SHOULD be much better optimized; I don't think anyone can argue with that.

No one does. But optimizing a game that's still in alpha stage is a terrible waste of time and effort.

Lol new?  I've been following these forums since 2012 but only recently decided to make an account because I see too many trolls running the forums and giving bad suggestions and ideas.  Unlike you, who decided to turn this thread into a pissing match with your "I'm so awesome at this game yammering", have mentioned that there is no correct way to play the game when it comes to 1pp or 3pp.  The OP, if you bothered to read it, asked how to get more people involved into 1pp servers which you then yammer on about performance, mouse lag, can't see enough blah blah blah.  I on the other hand, don't have performance issues that don't correlate to an un-optimized alpha, have zero lag issues with mouse movement and have no issue with the field of view.  The only thing that was brought is, yes the corner peeking which the OP, again, stated is getting fixed.  Carry on forum warrior, carry on.

Are you Caboose? Wasn't that guy banned for trolling? Hmm.. Odd how both of you used Transformer avatars. 

Nobody said performance changes.. Re-read what I wrote.

FPS LOSS (which is ever present in DayZ, especially in cities and in gunfights) causes mouse-sensitivity to be inconsistent. In 1st person this effect is WORSE than in 3rd person, because in 3rd person you can see more around you, so you can regain control of which way you're aiming/looking much easier than you can in 1st person. If you want us to test this so I can prove it to you, I'm more than willing to do that.

That is also completely incorrect.

Mouse sensitivity is exactly identical regardless of perspective.

No settings change, no magic happens behind the scenes.

The camera simply pans back and floats 3 meters above your characters head like a mini uav hovering over your character.

That is also completely incorrect.

Mouse sensitivity is exactly identical regardless of perspective.

No settings change, no magic happens behind the scenes.

The camera simply pans back and floats 3 meters above your characters head like a mini uav hovering over your character.

If you move your mouse from point A to point B, and you lose frames between those 2 points, your mouse will "skip". Calling it "mouse sensitivity" is not 100% accurate, but the effect is the same. 

Mouse movement is tied to frames on screen. The less frames you're getting, the jerkier your mouse movements. This is a known fact, especially so among competitive gamers.

The original poster in this thread breaks it down pretty well, although he seems to believe it's tied specifically to Titan Fall, which it's not.. It's true in many FPS games.

https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/20q00p/psa_your_mouse_sensitivity_is_tied_to_your/

Edited by Etherimp

If you move your mouse from point A to point B, and you lose frames between those 2 points, your mouse will "skip". Calling it "mouse sensitivity" is not 100% accurate, but the effect is the same. 

Mouse movement is tied to frames on screen. The less frames you're getting, the jerkier your mouse movements. This is a known fact, especially so among competitive gamers.

The original poster in this thread breaks it down pretty well, although he seems to believe it's tied specifically to Titan Fall, which it's not.. It's true in many FPS games.

https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/20q00p/psa_your_mouse_sensitivity_is_tied_to_your/

How is any of this relative if you get the EXACT SAME frame rate regardless of the perspective thus this would be felt equally in both perspectives.

Unfortunately this has veered so wildly from the original topic that I think a lock may be the best COA at this point.

If anyone has anything to add to the original topic - encouraging people to play 1pp - then PM me and we can talk about potentially unlocking the topic.

Locked.

Edited by Mos1ey
  • Like 2