Sign in to follow this  
topo (DayZ)

Will DayZ ever come to Mac?

I have been noticing that many games such as Ark: Survival evolved have made the smart choice to make a Mac OSX version of there game. I am sure that there are many Mac owners who would want to play it but can't and I am friends with a few myself. Another thing to mention is that DayZ has been recently challenged with all of the new competition like Ark and Reign of Kings, if the DayZ team were to release it for Mac it would definitly boost them up over the other big games. Can someone respond there thoughts on this I would really like to hear someone elses point of view.

Bohemia games generally don't get ported to Mac OSX so I wouldn't get your hopes up. That being said they don't usually get ported to console either so I guess you never know.

In the mean time - it is possible to play DayZ on a Mac machine via Boot Camp or similar.

Welcome to the Forums...
Please feel free to use the Search Function and browse at your leisure.

Search Results
Your search for the term macbook returned 18 results.

(titles only)

As I have searched through the general discussion I have noticed many Mac owners complaining about not being able to DayZ without a bootcamp. They also say that bootcamp really doesn't work that well at all and DayZ is basically unplayable. If DayZ gets on Mac it could help it out a lot in my opinion. I would like to hear responses by some people weather they agree or disagree with me.

• Like 1

Well your problem is that you bought a Mac! :)

All jokes aside, I have doubts about how well a Mac could run DayZ even if it didn't need bootcamp. They just aren't built for games. But hey, if they can actually run it and there are people who would play it on Mac, then I don't see why not.

Everything but the priciest of Macs rely heavily on Intel integrated graphics which are mediocre at best. What video card does your mac have installed?

Everything but the priciest of Macs rely heavily on Intel integrated graphics which are mediocre at best. What video card does your mac have installed?

Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

As I have searched through the general discussion I have noticed many Mac owners complaining about not being able to DayZ without a bootcamp. They also say that bootcamp really doesn't work that well at all and DayZ is basically unplayable. If DayZ gets on Mac it could help it out a lot in my opinion. I would like to hear responses by some people weather they agree or disagree with me.

you can talk to me! I'm playing bf3 and bf4 64 bit on my mac and i play DayZ as well and i get base fps from 32-41 in cities but get fps spikes down to 21 at times in the major cities of chernarus

• Like 1

you can talk to me! I'm playing bf3 and bf4 64 bit on my mac and i play DayZ as well and i get base fps from 32-41 in cities but get fps spikes down to 21 at times in the major cities of chernarus

What type of mac do you play on?

• Like 1

Should I wait till DayZ is released to Xbox One or should I rush right in and get a mac Bootcamp for it?

Im running Mid 2012 iMac 12,1 and im using windows 7 ultimate 64- bit (cracked by DaZ) No blue screens whatsoever and very stable installed latest windows and bootcamp assistant updates 
CPU: Intel I5-2400s 2.5ghz up to 3.2 ghz

Video card: Mid specs AMD Radeon HD 6750M Series

RAM: 10240MB 

My DayZ is set to low and the object detail is on very high i squeezed every ounce of what i can do to optimize it for mac and spent almost 3 weeks messing with config and found a sweet spot. I didnt sacrifice draw distance and render distance since i had placed it to 1200m. I get 40-61 fps in the forests ^.^ 

This is the quality and fps i am getting from my mac in places with not so much objects

42fps.jpg

Edited by IIxL0NEW0LFxII

To say that mac can't run well on anything like DayZ is ignorant.. My Bf3 and Bf4 get constant 40fps with all medium settings and mesh quality at Ultra..

Anything can be done on any computer :) Its just how u set it up and once you find that sweet spot, you my friend are good to go and share your beans to the rest of chernarus

I took this pic in Berezino right now after the servers were down :) and still had all my gear in the public hive today 

35fps.jpg

Edited by IIxL0NEW0LFxII
  • Like 1

Video card: Mid specs AMD Radeon HD 6750M Series

This is the key. Like PC's not all macs are created equal.

• Like 2

This is the key. Like PC's not all macs are created equal.

You have my Dean's Beans :) can never agree more

• Like 1

Merged.

There is no need for a new Topic every time a question pops into your head.

As stated above macs can run any game if you have the right configuration, which you would know if you had used the Search Function correctly.

Should I wait till DayZ is released to Xbox One or should I rush right in and get a mac Bootcamp for it?

Heh Xbox one lol i think that would take almost 1.5 years for that to happen... As for your mac.. Try to have it on bootcamp and I will gladly send you my config files so that you can play  the game.. If it wouldn't be able to run properly on your mac, that means you have to buy a proper gaming PC.. I wanted to get a gaming rig but I just bought myself a Mazda BT-50 '13 for my offroad hobby -_- so yea i can't afford it yet so thatss why i had to resort to squeezing the juice out of a mac. P.S. mac is great but its not really suitable for DayZ at this stage till the new video renderer comes into play

Edited by IIxL0NEW0LFxII