DemonGroover

Day Z Urban Legends

guys this stories belong to "Day z stories" sub section. There , they would be much more praised...just sayin.

Good stories tho.

Some do, but this is for the Urban Legends.. One player against the odds. A figure in the history of DayZ.. some of these tales are of true Legends of the game!

guys this stories belong to "Day z stories" sub section. There , they would be much more praised...just sayin.

Good stories tho.

I disagree.

Some of the Legends in here are more than stories. For example why do i feel uneasy whenever i am near Green Mountain? There shouldnt be any reason but lots of weirdness goes on to suggest that either people are freaking out and seeing/hearing things, hackers love the place or true evil resides there.

TBH most of the legends in here could be figments of the imagination (except mine of course), but that's half the fun. Stories about DayZ tend to be what happened in a certain scenario. This thread is more like Derpy says, going solo against the odds and coming up against some truly weird happenings - whether they are exaggerated, bugs or hackers it doesnt matter.

Everyone loves a horror story and the setting for DayZ is perfect for it. Long may the Legends continue in the Standalone!

• Like 3

guys i agree with you, especially on that "unexplainable" stuff. However, if you check dayz stories subsection, you will find usually 1 against something stories, and on other hand i think awesome stories like one from Derpy would be much more appreciated on "stories" section.

I MIGHT have misunderstood word "urban legends" in title, i wasnt thinking of it as "i am legend...wait for it...dary", i tought of it as in "crocodiles in sewers" - urban legends.

guys i agree with you, especially on that "unexplainable" stuff. However, if you check dayz stories subsection, you will find usually 1 against something stories, and on other hand i think awesome stories like one from Derpy would be much more appreciated on "stories" section.

I MIGHT have misunderstood word "urban legends" in title, i wasnt thinking of it as "i am legend...wait for it...dary", i tought of it as in "crocodiles in sewers" - urban legends.

Urban legends can be a wide list of things. My story is more of a creepypasta urban legend while Derpy's is a more, what's the word, Derpy urban legend. Yeah that's it.

• Like 2

It would be so awesome if Rocket implemented some of these weird things into the standalone for people to find and talk about. And of course, never confirm any of it.

• Like 3

Jeff the killer should be in this game.

Edit: The link didn't work right.

Edited by Skat3rat

The Curse of the Dew strikes again.

I was playing Lingor and casually looting Calamar when i came across a Mountain Dew in an appartment. Stupidly i took it. Five minutes later i was looting the supermarket with a tent inside. I walked past the tent when 'crunch' broken legs!

Why did i drink the Dew?

At the time I had been playing DayZ for a week and I was playing on a public server. I spawned around electro near the factory part and made my way to the main area. Suprisingly I wasn't killed but I heard gunshots in the town. I looked over to the firehouse in the town and saw tents everywhere. Like over 50 of them. Even though I've had experience with ***ers in my limited game time, I knew that those were hacked. Me being a newb walked up to the back part and tried to search the tent. Bam, double barrel into my back. I was passed out and being eaten by zombies and my hands were already off the keyboard for I knew I would die. Then I see this guy come up to me and drag me a little bit to the wall. Then out of nowhere I was in the east side of cherno near a warehouse. My timer was 3/4 of the way full and he was bandaging me. He had the exact same loadout and person as me. I woke up when he was giving me blood(I think). He ran off before I could see his name. I died shortly after though to passing out near zombies. Whoever he was, he saved me. I think he may have been a friendly hacker..

A creepy story:

One night i was playing Dayz with my friend Brandon on a 25 man server that was very foggy. His mic was dead and was charging it so we had no communication besides chat. We were in Cherno doing some good old fashion looting. He was in a orange building while i was in the hill looking over the city with a m24. While my friend was retrieving food from the house i was surveying the city for activity, but for a filled server nothing was happening in Cherno. I was suspicious, next to the hotel i noticed 3 dead bodies of players. I suspected a bandit on top of one of the buildings was killing people and since i had my friend in the city i wanted to take him out. So i told my buddy to stay where he was and to stay away from windows and he responded with a "k". I looked around and saw nothing, but then i ran my scope across the windows of a house and saw a zombie staring at me. At first i though he was a bugged zombie and continued to look for the bandit. I looked again at all the sniper spots and saw nothing, but was shocked to see the zombie was gone. Again i thought the zombie had just died or debugged itself. I sent a message to my friend saying all clear and as i went to look at the orange building he was in, through the window i saw the same zombie as before staring at me and not moving. I was freaked out and screamed a little, i know i am a pussy. I shot at it and the bullet hit and blood squirted out and it dropped. I sent a message to my friend, but he didn't respond so i went to the house to see if he was afk or something. I entered the house and saw his fly infested body dead and looted. I looked at the player screen and he wasn't there. I then went over to the zombie body and checked it and found beans, lucky me. While i was waiting for my friend Brandon to rejoin i looked around Cherno and went to those 3 dead bodies and they were looted. Then i went back to the orange house to see if anything else spawned like food or soda. As i entered the house i was shocked and almost screeching when my friends body was still there, but the zombie wasn't. I quickly ran to the forest to log out safely. As soon as i ran behind a tree i heard a crack of a branch, when i turned around there was the zombie. I screamed and unloaded my entire clip into his chest, but he didn't die and like a swing from god he struck me and my game crashed. When i respawned and went to my body everything was gone.

• Like 4

Had something happen around Elek yesterday.

I had made my way down to Elek from the Quarry area, and well decided to go in the fire station. When I got there I spotted a full military (Olive drab not ghille, woodland 85, USMC, ACU, DCU, or any of the others...Olive Drab like they wore from WW2 till Nam.)

He was crawling around with zombies following him, I actually have a screen shot of this.

After coming in contact with him, strange things started to occur. Randomly a zombie would drop out of the sky and die 20 to 100 ft away from me, or I'd hear a random explosion (satchel level).

This continued on multiple servers which urked me to say the least, in the last server I was in yesterday from 360 rounds started coming in, they sounded like M240 rounds but I can't say for sure. The top of the fire station was lit up like a xmas tree with tracers, I dived and DC'd....call me a coward for that but I had literally just logged into the server when this happened.

Welcome to Chernarus we got zombies, bandits, hatchet wielding madman, Green mountain mysteries, haunted cabin on an island, and so much more. Narnia ain't got shit on us.

• Like 10

You know you've won at creating a zombie game when they're the least scary thing on the map :D

Does anyone else have those moments when you look inside one of Stary Sober's tents, that a zombie model animates inside for about half a second before disappearing indefinitely right after?

Makes me jump, high. ;-;

• Like 4

I get that a lot. Appearing and disappearing zombies flashing before your eyes.

Anyone played Namalsk yet? I hear there is an underground area. Any stories?

I get that a lot. Appearing and disappearing zombies flashing before your eyes.

Anyone played Namalsk yet? I hear there is an underground area. Any stories?

I was playing namalsk by myself last night. The map is horrifying. The ambient sounds are very scary. Like I was sayin I was alone looting the rafters in a barn. Then I heard a girls voice say something like "hey there friend". It wasn't in side channel because no yelled at her or knew what I was talking about when I asked who said something. I looked around and saw no one. I got down from the rafters and looked around the building. No one was nearby so I booked it. Haven't heard the voice since.

It wasn't part of the normal ambience either. In the normal ambience you can occasionally hear a little girl shout "Help!". It has made me jump a few times!

• Like 5

I was playing namalsk by myself last night. The map is horrifying. The ambient sounds are very scary. Like I was sayin I was alone looting the rafters in a barn. Then I heard a girls voice say something like "hey there friend". It wasn't in side channel because no yelled at her or knew what I was talking about when I asked who said something. I looked around and saw no one. I got down from the rafters and looked around the building. No one was nearby so I booked it. Haven't heard the voice since.

It wasn't part of the normal ambience either. In the normal ambience you can occasionally hear a little girl shout "Help!". It has made me jump a few times!

Well then that is creepy as hell.

Well then that is creepy as hell.

It was the town joko-something in the north. The area is a bunch of farm houses surrounding a grain mill. There are several derelict apartments nearby. The zombies form big groups like the green mountain clump that leaves the gates when you arrive there. The area is surrounded by forest like gm and there is even deer stands nearby. The place is ficking creepy as hell without the voices

Now this is a good story.

Ya' know I go to The Mountain and nothing ever happens, but the whole place has it's own aura, nothing physically happens to some but mentally is a whole 'nother thing. The strangest shit always happens when I have a little camp setup for my new character, have a little fire in the middle, a tent with some of my gear. Just the whole ambience, the light fades off into pitch darkness, the wind blowing through the trees, distant gun fire, and you can't see what's lurking in the woods without NVGs. You start to feel fear just as if this was real life. It's a combination of things, You'll be sitting there middle of the woods, solo, hear a noise and start telling yourself "It's just a game, it's just a game."

Edited by apostasy
  • Like 2

Does anyone else have those moments when you look inside one of Stary Sober's tents, that a zombie model animates inside for about half a second before disappearing indefinitely right after?

Makes me jump, high. ;-;

Every single time... I end up firing a few shots whilst screaming.... Then its's not there... i feel like an idiot.

• Like 3

OK i have been seeing some real weird stuff lately,

Has anyone found a random player standing on their own in either a building or out in a field, this player is just standing there not doing anything and always has scratches and blood on their face. My first encounter was at stary sobor in the house near the long barn just down from the military tents. i was being chased by zeds so i ran into the house and dropped em. I then went up the stairs that just end with a closed door and standing there was a player with a DMR pointing at me, so i put about 10 rounds from my m4 into him and nothing happened! by this point i was packing it, but i went up to him and you could select all his gear and look in his backpack, so i took his DMR and some other items i needed and got the hell out of there.

My next encounter was in the apartments in Cherno, i had just walked into the top floor rooms and i turned around and there was another player just standing there, where 5 seconds ago the room was empty. i packed it again and shot him with my shotgun, again nothing happened. this time he had a heap of medical supplies and lots of low tier loot, so i took what i needed and fled.

Now the third encounter is the weirdest one of them all. i was playing with my usual partner and we were crawling in the grass between the Cherno firestation and the industrial buildings, on the look out for players. Up ahead of me i could see 2 players with the bandit skin, one was pointing into the air and another was laying dead on the floor. i told the guy i was playing with who was just a few meters behind me............. HE HAD NO IDEA WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT BECAUSE HE COULD NOT SEE THESE DEAD BANDITS JUST IN FRONT OF US!! i took a G17 from the bandit pointing into the air and we went to the firestation. Im def not crazy haha as my brother who was sitting next to me was seeing exactly what i was seeing, but my friend in the game could not.

Has anyone else come across this.

Also, last night i was playing in an empty American server, i was at the top of the firestation at the NW airfield and i found a box, (looked just like the medical boxes) in it was every single gun in ARMA2. there were AS50's, G36's, AK107, Laser pointers, golden revolvers!!! surely this was the work of a hacker, i didnt take anything as i didnt want to screw up my character with these guns that dont exist in the normal hive servers.

• Like 1

OK i have been seeing some real weird stuff lately,

Has anyone found a random player standing on their own in either a building or out in a field, this player is just standing there not doing anything and always has scratches and blood on their face. My first encounter was at stary sobor in the house near the long barn just down from the military tents. i was being chased by zeds so i ran into the house and dropped em. I then went up the stairs that just end with a closed door and standing there was a player with a DMR pointing at me, so i put about 10 rounds from my m4 into him and nothing happened! by this point i was packing it, but i went up to him and you could select all his gear and look in his backpack, so i took his DMR and some other items i needed and got the hell out of there.

My next encounter was in the apartments in Cherno, i had just walked into the top floor rooms and i turned around and there was another player just standing there, where 5 seconds ago the room was empty. i packed it again and shot him with my shotgun, again nothing happened. this time he had a heap of medical supplies and lots of low tier loot, so i took what i needed and fled.

Now the third encounter is the weirdest one of them all. i was playing with my usual partner and we were crawling in the grass between the Cherno firestation and the industrial buildings, on the look out for players. Up ahead of me i could see 2 players with the bandit skin, one was pointing into the air and another was laying dead on the floor. i told the guy i was playing with who was just a few meters behind me............. HE HAD NO IDEA WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT BECAUSE HE COULD NOT SEE THESE DEAD BANDITS JUST IN FRONT OF US!! i took a G17 from the bandit pointing into the air and we went to the firestation. Im def not crazy haha as my brother who was sitting next to me was seeing exactly what i was seeing, but my friend in the game could not.

Has anyone else come across this.

Also, last night i was playing in an empty American server, i was at the top of the firestation at the NW airfield and i found a box, (looked just like the medical boxes) in it was every single gun in ARMA2. there were AS50's, G36's, AK107, Laser pointers, golden revolvers!!! surely this was the work of a hacker, i didnt take anything as i didnt want to screw up my character with these guns that dont exist in the normal hive servers.

It's a glitch. This happened to me quite a bit. It's nothing to be scared of but it will make your heart jump. Especially when your friend has a hero skin, he runs into the woods, then you look into the woods and see two glitched bodies, a hero body, and a bandit body aiming a gun point blank at him.

Oh man, trying to play Namalsk, but the ambient sounds just freak me out.

Predator noises are one thing but the children crying for help?

Legends must arise from this brilliant map.

• Like 1

Oh man, trying to play Namalsk, but the ambient sounds just freak me out.

Predator noises are one thing but the children crying for help?

Legends must arise from this brilliant map.

Reminds me of the North of Scotland... i believe a legends story may come from me soon!