DemonGroover

Day Z Urban Legends

Nice one Chutoo - those bloodsuckers look nasty.

They are! They take a fair beating before they drop (unless you have a 50 cal or the rail gun etc)

Your video? You say it is Balota? What's with all the helis?

It's the "DayZ Dallas madness 1400+ vehicle server"

• Like 1

Something really weird happened a couple of days ago

I just spawned in after getting killed by an AS50 wielding bandit and I headed to cherno to get my starter gear. Once I arrived I saw a hero on top of one of the silo thingys, he was unarmed so I climbed up to the top to talk to him. When I tried to speak to him he just turned to me and said a coordinate that I managed to remember and write down. Suddenly the hero jumped off the industrial building and died. I climb down and loot hid body, a GPS a map and some sodas. I decide to go to the coords that he yelled out. It took a good half hour but when I get to the coordinates I find a tent surrounded with bear traps. I manage to find an opening in the bear traps that I could fit through, just when I'm about to open the tent a guy crawls out and says "The legend of the dew lives on" and he disappears I open the tent and I loot the MountIn Dew that is in it. When I exit the inventory one of those huge "glitch fires" appears around me and I am instantly killed.

This whole experience has scared the shit out of me, so from now on when I see an unarmed hero in cherno,I avoid him.

• Like 4

I climbed one of the highest mountains in Taviana. There, all alone, was a cow. Aha, i thought - fresh meat!

I shot the cow with my Makarov. Again and again and again. It would not die!!!

Three whole rounds i put into this Bovine Beast of Taviana. It just wandered off. I am sure that if it could, it would have dumped a cow pattie on my boots for my insolence.

Then suddenly, it disappeared! I ran! Give me the Bloodsuckers of Namalsk anyday!

• Like 2

This is the story of the ghost heli.

It is night on chernaus and me and my friend want to have so fun in our chopper that had been sitting in our base for quite a while. So we take road flares and throw them on our chopper and it is lit up like a christmas tree. As we pass over cherno and eletro to see what kind of reaction we can get from any bambis, we notice another heli has been followed us for quite a while. So we turn off our lights and soon the flares burn out, we try to lose him because we had no ammo for the MG on the side. We lose him many times in the darkness but he always manages to find us some time later. So finally we have to refuel but he is still behind us, we stop near the fuel tank below the NE Airfield. Then we get out and start shooting the heli, me with my MK48 and my buddy with the M16. The bullets fly right through his helicopter and he flys off never to be seen again.

A ghost or a hacker?

Probability the latter.

• Like 1

What comes next I can't quite explain. It has puzzled me. What I can assure you of though, is that it is 100% true.

Contradictory to my other legends, this one actually happened, and actually left me scared, shivering.

It starts on any old day, of any old week, playing DayZ Namalsk.

Happy to be back on just about the only Namalsk server that is first person only and gives me good connection, I set out, expecting to find the newly aquired server traffic to be quite interesting.

By and by, towns and deerstands, nothing really is any different. And then I see it. Over by Nemsk, a place with 2 deer stands and sandbags that looks like a military fortification. It wasn't player-built.

I was not prepared for what came next. Going up to the first deerstand, I climb it, finding nothing. I go next to the second one, prone, scared that the clump of zombies growling and shaking their fists may at any time disperse and leave me on the run. I climb the ladder, and find nothing. Disappointed, I dismount, heading to the middle of the small encampment.

A whitish-yellow flash dominated my screen.

"What was that? Lighting"

I looked at the sky. Ominus clouds were rolling in, but no rain or lightning. Weird.

"Heat lightning?"

In NAMALSK? Pfft.

*Flash*

*Flash*

*Flash*

Each one progressively darkened my screen. Finally, the sky turned yellow and the ground went black. Though every object was pitch black, I could see silhouettes of the clumped zombies now climbing the ladder of the deerstand. I ran out before they could catch me.

But too late.

*Flash*

The last flash sent me reeling to the ground, not unconscious but unable to move. I started spinning, imagining my head looking around wildly as I descended into hell. The screen slowly revoked it's sepia tones, and returned to normal.

I could hear zombies screaming, and wondered what could be happening.

When I finally got up, I noticed two things.

One, the two zombies eating me while I was down were now dead, and I had no ammo in either of my weapons that could have been used to kill them. Second, my blood was now red, turned from yellow-green.

And another thing, the last zombie was on my tail. I ran.

Losing him in some trees, I follow close to the road until I see another deerstand atop a mountain near a radiotower. I run towards it, scared as hell. I got near the top of the mountain, and I heard the flash again, but it wasn't on my screen this time.

But it was close, and it was following me.

I've been running ever since.

And I assure you, that though it has yet to be explained, this story is true. Take it as you will, as a warning, or just a story, but know it. Remember it. And if you find yourself in the same place, rest assured you know what is coming next.

Edited by Neko-san
  • Like 5

I'm not joking. My story is real. And I'd really love an explanation.

Anyone who has experienced the same thing, PM me. If you'd like to have that experience, PM me.

This next tale comes from Chernarus.

I consider it a version of a familiar tale you might recognize.

I had to go to Three Valleys. I had a friend waiting there, and I spent no time waiting, straight hoofing it down the coastal highway towards her location, not a clue where Three Valleys was.

About 30km from Berezino, I'm walking, and all of a sudden, flames rip out of no where, engulfing the background into a hellish theme, gripping the sky and burning the oxygen away. I looked away from it, and it went away. Looking back, it erupted again.

Only one way to go, I charged directly into the blaze.

And it moved for me. As if showing me a path. So I walked. I ran. And eventually. Out of nowhere. I see. A box. Lying on the ground.

I look past it, and the flame disperses. I look back, and it again returns. The flames centered toward this box. A medical box, in the middle of a field. I took a look inside.

Contents: temptation. Temptation sent to lead me astray on my path in DayZ. I struggled, seeing everything I would need right in the box. And I found it. Pretty much it's loot. I closed the box. Then remembered. NVGs. She wanted NVGs. Grabbing a pair for us, I set out, my newly acquired night eyes adapting keenly.

Little did I know all hell had broken loose.

15km away, a chopper blew up in the air, no warning, nothing around it. No survivors. More explosions followed as the ground started shaking. Cries of the undead could be heard from far and wide, as well as the screams of men and women.

4 more successive explosions. All cars. All people. Dead. In the side chat.

And I watched it with my NVGs.

The trees were next, as they were ripped from the ground by the root, and strewn across the ground in a careless bouquet.

As for me, I saw the flames. They were closing in. Fast. I counted down the seconds but it beat me to the punch. The burning sent me reeling. The flame purged me. And with the purge, brought truth. The realization that I had opened Pandora's Box, disguised.

My character burned, then died. When I went to respawn, the server was down. It has been down ever since.

• Like 2

Funny enough, without hackers we would lose many of these Legends.

Of course..hackers are still douchebags!

Edited by DemonGroover
  • Like 1

Two Stories, just happened today:

This was my first time ever playing a Namalsk server, and while I had heard the legends about the bloodsuckers, but I figured that they were nothing major. Something I might hear stories about, but I would never have to worry about it. Well, while trying to make my way to Object A2 I discovered a railroad track. While investigating where it went I heard a faint roar and decided it might be best to just get on my way. I got up, looked around, and realized there was a bloodsucker right next to me. After a short fight I ran sprinting along the railroad tracks being followed by roars and periodic appearances of the Bloodsucker. Eventually, I managed to get away from it and continued on my way down the track. After a few minutes of running, I got to the end of the track, a closed of train tunnel. Just as I walked up to the planks blocking it off an EVR touched off, I panicked, and began sprinting towards shelter, but died anyway. From now on I always avoid that area, even if it was just a coincidence.

My second story has to do with the legend of the dew. When you spawn in Namalsk you always have one, but I, being paranoid, refused to drink it or remove it from my inventory. While in the bunker at Object A2, I realized I had had nothing to drink, and my character was likely not going to make it back to the heli if I didn't have something to drink, but the only thing I had was the dew. I finally settled on drinking it, figuring bad luck was better than death, and managed to get out of the bunker alive. After raiding the bunker, my buddy and I decided to set up a permenant base on Namalsk. While investigating sites for the base an EVR began. I panicked and leapt out of the helicopter, and my parachute didn't deploy. I crashed hard against the ground, and then the EVR discharged in full and I died. With all the gear I had gotten and a G17 and Silended G36. The worst part? My friend flying the chopper was still alive, I hadn't needed to panic.

Edited by Lonegunman3
  • Like 1

My buddy and I were hiding in the store, at night. Talking as usual, holding up in a fairly empty town.

Buddy all of a sudden tells his story...

The story of a man...

He turns to me and says "I would have taken you to a better loot place... but, well, you know..."

I said "No, tell me"

"Well, you see, years ago, this man used to be a survivor, just like us. Only he replaced his hand, with a rusty hunting knife... And at night in the store we heard a SQUEEERRREEKKKKEEE"

I gulped in fear and looked at him and he said "The hash slinging slasher..."

• Like 6

My second story has to do with the legend of the dew. When you spawn in Namalsk you always have one,

This is a server that feels the need to give out custom gear because either the owner can't handle DayZ in its naked form or wants to have server traffic and offers gear as bait. So, no, you don't always spawn with one (unless the new update has that happen, because as of now DayZ commander has 0.72 as latest). Personally, I believe these servers are idiotic and they're taking over the server base. Finding any server that doesn't give you everything at the start is getting challenging, and public hive servers usually only pretain to Chernarus, which is making all this rather annoying.

What does this have to do with urban legends? Well, I heard that there was a server that was actually challenging, told to me by a friend of a friend of a friend's nephew in a gas station on Thanksgiving day. By lore, the address has been lost and no one knows where it is, the server not showing up in DayZ commander, or Six Launcher.

But this is just a legend.

Almost all private hives now are crap.

Possibility of a good one existing is extremely low.

Anyone have Nathan Drake's number? I could use his help here.

Edited by Neko-san

Pegasus Company Diaries

Day 4

Them....

Cherneraus is a bleak place at the best of times, but today it felt particularly shitty, some numpty back at camp had been at the chopper again and managed to break one of the side windows. He was on STAG for 12 hours last night... i swear i could have had him at it for the whole 24!!

Most of the other squads were out up the North West and North East airfields searching for more weapons and ammo, smaller parties had head to Zelengorsk and Berezhino for food supplies and extra tents so i was left to look for glass myself.

The plan was simple really, take UAZ head South West into Cherno get into the industrial area, locate glass using dusk as my cover. A light pack is all it needed, canteen of water and a tin of beanz, couple bandages, morphine stick bloodbag, M4A3 and 4 clips, i always have my trust 1911 by side just in case shit hits the fan, i never packed the NVG's thinking i would be in and out in next to no time.... oh how wrong could i be....

Prig is a nightmare in the dark at the best of times and driving without the lights on isn't all a great idea, i hadn't seen the bike strewn across the ground until the last moment and in a panic i swerved left clipping the bike and throwing the UAZ into a old electrical pole with a thunderous smash. My face smashed the wheel bursting my nose open but i had no time to think as the UAZ burst into flames, leaping from the burning vehicle i dashed toward the northern tree line, i kept pace only to turn and see the UAZ ignite into a ball of firing lighting up the darkened sky but that isn't what had my attention, in the dimly fire lit field the shadows of a dozen infected rushed towards my position, their screams and cry's almost blood curdling, i was in shit and needed to move. Fast.

I hit the tree line as fast as i could, my breath becoming sharper everytime i inhaled. my legs starting to burn but i had to keep going, i moved about 50ft into the trees before i turned west and headed again toward Cherno. Looking over my shoulder i noticed i had made about 60 yards on the 3 infected still on my tail so i stopped on heel and turned 180 degrees crouching into firing position, raising the sights i was shakey from running so hard but i had to focus, grabbing my breath i aimed at the closest infected to me now about 40ft away, *SNAP* , the body drops limp and my attentions focus on the next, *SNAP*, the bullet hit the thing direct in the chest but it kept running *SNAP, SNAP SNAP* my finger getting heavier on the trigger, the second infected fell just like the first but in this time the third one was almost on top of me so i swung the rifle around and squeezed.

The first shot hit but didn't slow down then it swung, catching me and tearing through my upper right arm, the blood warm ran down my arm, the pain intense like a thousand knifes plunging into it, I rolled to my right avoiding the second swing, raising my rifle again i fired several more shots at the infected hitting it in several places, it let out an almost human cry of "Fuck, that hurt" before hitting the ground. Creepy.

Bandaging my arm hurt like hell but i had to stem the bleeding, last thing i needed right now was to be feeling faint, i was alone, injured and now if anyone or anything were to be lurking the dark streets of Cherno then they knew i was coming. My objective was still the same, we needed that glass and i had to get it no matter what. I hated Cherno and i hated it even more in the dark, creeping through the barn heading south towards the construction yard i see more infected just strolling about in the open, lost souls but a deadly threat, i knew i had to be quiet so i crouched my way along the fence line and across the road into the small tree line following it round till i hit the construction yard. I could see flares off in the distance near the church area, i wasn't alone and i knew since i had to walk back to base i would need more supplies from the supermarket, joy.

The construction site was forgiving, a glass panel for the Huey in great condition and to my surprise it fitted in my coyote pack, it also had an extra STANAG mag hidden in the corner on the bottom floor but unfortunately no food or drink, into Cherno it was. To be honest there is no really good strategic way to get into Cherno, it's open flatland surroundings make it a haven for snipers, thankfully i had the night for cover and it made the east approach quick and without problem. As i moved through the back gardens of some apartments the air suddenly went cold as gunshots started to echo off the brick work, i stopped and crouched looking for the gunfire witch sounded close to the supermarket, 1 semi automatic on full auto, an AK of some sort and what sounded like a Makarov pistol, the shots died down to nothing.. then the AK snapped twice more before falling silent, i knew what to do, loading a fresh clip into my rifle i make haste toward the supermarket.

I reached the south end of the street where the supermarket was when the AK lit up again short burst coming from inside, from what i could hear whoever it was they were firing to the west, out the front door. The AK continued to roar in the still night, damn that thing was loud, must be a '74 using 7.62mm rounds, much more powerful than the 5.56mm rounds my rifle fired so i had to be careful. As i approached the rear entrance i seen the street glow with red, they had thrown a flare out... they were actually luring the infected to them, were they nuts? The AK thunder still covering my entry into the building, in front of me lay the body of a man, recently dead, very recently, i checked him over for bites but nothing, he had however several holes in his chest and a Makarov in his hand, well this was shooter number two then. I took the beans and 2 cans of pepsi he had on him and put them in my bag, Mr AK was still having fun and had no idea i was there, i was taking the opportunity to stock up before i dealt with him and made my escape.

I crept to the door way and have a peek to left, there he is firing away at the infected coming through the door, towel on his head, a legit kill. I raise my rifle again to my shoulder, this time calm and collective aiming down my sight at the bandits skull, waiting till he reloaded i fire 4 sharp bursts into him, 2 impacting his skull causing it to fountain dark staining blood and some brains for good measure, the other two landing in his upper right arm, the body slumped against the wall and to the floor, the infected slowly walking in to feast on the newly slain body, now was a good time to leave.

Looking back as i walk through the woods North East of Cherno i see more flares go up, more gunfire, bit it wasn't for me, not my battle, not this time, i had what i needed and it was time to get back, a long walk but a safe one through the woodland cover, for me i survived to fight another day it's only a shame others couldn't say the same.

Edited by Derpy_Hooves
  • Like 7

Thanks dude, that one took a good hour and 45 mins to write up, had a little stutter now and then trying to get a little more creative with my wording but i am glad you enjoyed it :D

This is a server that feels the need to give out custom gear because either the owner can't handle DayZ in its naked form or wants to have server traffic and offers gear as bait. So, no, you don't always spawn with one (unless the new update has that happen, because as of now DayZ commander has 0.72 as latest). Personally, I believe these servers are idiotic and they're taking over the server base. Finding any server that doesn't give you everything at the start is getting challenging, and public hive servers usually only pretain to Chernarus, which is making all this rather annoying.

What does this have to do with urban legends? Well, I heard that there was a server that was actually challenging, told to me by a friend of a friend of a friend's nephew in a gas station on Thanksgiving day. By lore, the address has been lost and no one knows where it is, the server not showing up in DayZ commander, or Six Launcher.

But this is just a legend.

Almost all private hives now are crap.

Possibility of a good one existing is extremely low.

Anyone have Nathan Drake's number? I could use his help here.

I know that now. you can get off your soapbox. I found a building with two dews in it later, so pretend that I got it from there if it makes you happy.

When I was walking across the coastline, near komorov, it was night so i was walking with my flashlight on. Then I heard this radio crackle over my screen and i thought it was something like green mountain scripting gone wrong. I kept walking untill i heard the crackle and then a quiet but low pitch voice said "Your scream will be the last thing you hear" Of course I shat myself violent irl and while i was reaching for the (;) button to switch weapons I turned the flashlight off. When I turned it on, a guy with a ghillie suit was right infront of me, the bang. I was dead.

After the encounter I had to change my pants obviously, but I thought this was just a one off thing but when I was on a different server a few people mentioned him aswell.

Im gonna name him the screamer, cause he made me scream like a little girl.

• Like 3

This one to my knowledge is pretty well known. I was in cherno and i went by the church. The bell rang and scared the crap out of me. No big deal cause you know. im awesome. Well. Everything seemed normal.....When over direct chat i hear someone calling for help. A women. Me being the nice person i am ask where he/she was. all i get as a response is help me. By this point i'm pretty freaked out. So i begin to listen for the cry for help. It was coming from the church i concluded. I walked to the door and peered in, i saw a survivor with broken legs, slowly bleeding to death calling for help. I wasn't sure what to expect from this. So i creeped in and surveyed my surroundings. No one was around and i asked her if she was alright. All i heard was help me. so...ya know....guessing she wasn't alright .I walk to her and attempt to bandage her but for some reason the game wasn't allowing me to do it. I relayed the message through direct chat and suddenly the voice became angrier. She began to yell at me for help. Screaming as loud as she could through the mic. I threw my headset off it was so loud :/ I attempted to morphine her but to no avail. It wasn't working. I could still hear the screaming coming from my headset so i got angry and pulled out my weapon. I shot her. Repeatedly. The screaming stopped and i went to walk out of the church. Something instantly killed me as i tried to leave. I dont know what. I don't care to find out. I tried walking outside and was met with a slow painful death. Legs broke and i began to bleed out slowly. As i was on the verge of death all i heard was why didn't you help me? I'm not gonna lie. It scared me shitless. I was lone in a dark room at 3am when this happened. I dont know. If someone was screwing with me, they did a damn good job.

• Like 3

So it is official - there is a creature that roams Namalsk.

First one with a photo/video will be a legend themselves.

9Izk4.jpg

You have no idea how scary it was to get this pic.

-----

I also have a legend as well. Recently in Namalsk, I found something that struck me as unusual.

jegWY.jpg

So, now we know why there are bloodsuckers and zombies and such... That is, if you've played Half-Life!

Now, I just need to figure out where BM's base is in Namalsk...

Edited by Neko-san
  • Like 6

Well damn...I met the shadow again...

This time it was in up near Vobyr.. I was making the usual loot runs at night. I should say that this is the first time i've gotten back onto a server during the night since the last time. So I probably actually saw it a few times a distance... but it was too dark and it blended in with the other infected silhouettes at distance. But when I think about it, the shadow never really moves when I see it. It stands perfectly still, not like a glitched animation but how you'd expect a normal human to stand. so after looting the usual supermarket/office combo (And seeing it a few times in my periphery) Finally I come face to face with it again.. It's in the lobby of the offices when I was exiting. It felt like it was always looking, though you couldn't really tell with the wisps and shadows it seemed to cast from nowhere. This time I try something new, I open up direct chat "Hello?... can you hear me?" Nothing... just stares "Hey, uh-.. friendly?" Still stares. So I slowly back out of the office, keeping an eye on him and keeping my wits up if it shows up again... So I make my way out and come to a pretty barren field and start heading for the treeline.Everything goes quiet....no insects, no wind, just dead silence. I reach about the middle of the field and suddenly
*THUD*
it pops up in front me and makes me just about jump outta my chair. It kinda left some weird echoing thud as it popped in. Anyway, I yell "JESUS! What the hell are you, what do you want?" It stares and I kinda hear some soft breathing...almost distorted... then
IT
starts talking. It's this weird voice, really distorted and echo-y, like it's far off I'd say. And I couldn't really tell if the voice was a guy or a gal. "I-.....I want..." it started off, I replied "What? why do you keep stalking me? Why the hell do you keep running? How the hell do you just take bullets like last time?!" I just start barraging this thing with questions, but it keeps talking while I am "want....I.....to.....I.....infec-..." I could only make out little bit of whatever it was trying to say. The rest was just inaudible whispers overlaying each other. so it's just about at this point that I whip out my flashlight (cause that drove it off last time) and flick it on. And for like half a second I actually see past the shadows...I don't even know how to describe it, a mangled mess of red gore that resembles a decayed human, I think. As the light hit it, all the whispers and odd sounds it was making just stopped, and it was gone...At this point I'm shaking and my heart is in my throat so I just DC and sit...

Fuck night-time servers...

Fun yet normal in these time of hacker's.

the guy was teleporting, and hence the thud sound, I had it happen to me on a nighttime server aswell.

I told him to take the highroad as I couldn't care less about weak and pathetic hackers like that, trying to make a legend out of themself's. It ended up with him all butthurt, teleporting me around the map, and eventually killing me..

Sorry to ruin it for you though..

I heard from my cousin's half brother's dog's babysitter's sister's nephew's friend's uncle's wife's dad that there is a hidden gun in the game that turns into a chupacabra at random times to kill everyone on the map.

He stood up, gave me a salute, and with that, promptly disappeared.

ever heard 'camouflage' by stan ridgway?