DemonGroover

Day Z Urban Legends

I was playing Namalsk yesterday on a night server, it was pitch black except for the moonlight shining down. I was running away from Sebjan dam towards the west, in an open field by the water with some scattered trees, and I heard one of those predator sounds. I immediately turn around, pull out my L85A2 AWS, and all I see is this figure swimming across the water. I was the only guy in the server so unless you can have an invisible name, I know it wasn't another player. It was just a dark object, and i for one barely ever hear sounds outside of forests that sounds like that.

Edited by FearlessJew

I went to the Green Mountain a long time ago, I had not read or heard any stories about he place so I had no reason to fear it more than anywhere else.

But I can remember it was a realy unsettling feeling beeing there, and I was there at day time...

Nothing in particular happend but I had the worst time so far, trying to loose a zombie in the forrest, It started chasing me at radio tower and hung on for quite some time.

Remember thinking it was very strange that the usual bush hiding/dodging tactics took such a long time to work.

After reading all the stories about GM here I'm not going back there alone again. ;)

Great thread!

Go to the eastern red apartment in novy. Zombies will shuffle and die outside laying down all in a row. Its happened three times now. >>. I think they get stuck and die. Srsly go there. Listen. Bring someone with you. And make sure to out run them ;)

Looks like the L85 is soon to be an Urban Legend.

Though i must admit i did see some strange stuff using the scope. One night i saw a lone zombie standing atop a hill in Lingor, unmoving just looking towards me. I didnt investigate.

Edited by DemonGroover
  • Like 1

I heard he lurks in the shadows

Strong man-crush you have there champ.

So glad I decided to check the forums! Glad to find this, so I finally registered so I can share this with you.

Before we start you should know this

2 months ago I was heading to Berezino northbound on the main coastal highway. upon arriving at Solnichniy I decided to take a left toward Dolina to minimize the risk of traveling on the main road and so I could hit up Polana for some supplies before going into Berezino. As I headed West along this road the whole time staying hidden in the trees to the left (South) of the road, but keeping it in sight. The strange thing is how uneasy I felt the entire time, I had traveled many roads like this before, but this time it just felt all wrong. And wrong it was, the entire time, every building I looted, everything was just out of place, the strangest thing was the barn Southeast of Dolina had a corner that was full of meat,one corner with 3 cooked meat, a hatchet and one corner with various car parts. when I got to Dolina, it all went to hell, I managed to get inside of a red brick building(the one with a round entry,staris leading to a closed door, and a single room), while checking a pile of loot, I noticed a zombie up against a window looking right at me, scared the crap out of me, but I wrote it off as a glitch, on my way out (still inside, crouched and walking slow) at least 8, maybe more zombies came rushing through the doors, I managed to pick them off with my AK-74, but not before alerting more of them that I was there. I did manage to escape, as I ran up the hill, with about 3 zeds coming for me I notied the same zombie that was in the window staring at me from the bottom of the hill.

I wrote all of that off as a mistake on my part paired with a glitch.

The standing zombie must have been a glitch.

I must have alerted the zombies by accident somehow.

The strange items must be from a player ahead of me.

No matter what happened I am still scared of the area and have never gone back.

Until now.

Now to just a few days ago.

I managed to get to Solnichniy and decided to check out Dolina again, so I could stop being so paranoid of the road there and terrified of the town itself. And worst of all, it was a night server.

Server pop had to be no more than 5-10

So, into the darkness armed with a new feeling of confidence (In the form of a Mk 48 I got off of a bandit I managed to outsmart in Elektro) I set forth to prove to myself there is nothing strange in what should be a well-traveled area.

As I got out of Solnichniy the world around me started to die. A dead world where death is the only guarnteed thing, got even more dead.

First insects and amimals silinced.

Then the rustling of the trees.

Then the wind.

(This seems to happen along with most strange occurences according to this thread.)

It was silent, completely dead.

Even behind my computer monitor I could feel the air in-game go stale and heavy.

A thick fog set in.

This was in half way between Solnichniy and Dolina.

Then a sign of life.

Human life.

The comforting sound of an engine.

But it was only comforting for a second before I realised the occupants are probably hostile, so I set up an ambush.

Everthing else was still dead, making for the most scary thing I have ever experienced in Day Z.

The car stopped and 3 people got out, well armed too, one had onother MG followed by a man with an AS550 and another with a M4A1.

For some reason they had went into the small unmarked town between Dol. and Sol.

They all got out of my sight, and I considered jumping in their UAZ and taking off, providing MG man did not blow the car to bits the second he heard the engine turn over, so I waited.

Then suddenly a burst of heavy gunfire errupts.

One of them ran back toward the car shouting over voice "HOLD ON! I'M GETTING THE GRENADES AND A LAUNCHER"

He switches from the 550 to a gun with a nade launcher.

He runs back to his friends(Up to this point about 20 seconds has passed since the first shot)

All I hear is about another 30 secons of gunfire and explosions around this town.

Then sudden silence"

What I saw next I could not even believe myself, 4 men, 3 of which have survivor skins are limping back toward the road.

LIMPING

The guys in the car must have somehow turned, as for the 4th, it looked like a man in a rather nice suit, with a black tie. However, he stayed back, as if hiding from something, as i looked at him something seemed off, his eyes were glowing in dim white light through the fog.

As I took a quick look at the (no longer) survivors and back, the one in the suit was gone.

Next thing I know I hear the 3 surviror zombies let out the loudest, yet deepest growl I have ever heard, they begin running at me even though I had been prone the whole time, and not moving. I stand up and open fire, each one must have taken 10 rounds or more.

As I begin to investigate the vehicle I noticed it in undriveable condition (a stray round hit the front left tire), in the trunk it had nothing but raw meat and a few axes.

As I ran toward the barn to the southeast of Dolina I was running though what just happened in my mind.

Then it hit me.

Suit and tie zombie.

That was the same one staring at me 2 months ago.

I approached the barn from the East, as I got closer everthing came back to life and the fog lifted.

Feeling as though that... thing has had its fill of fucking with me today I entered the barn and took invintory of what I had.

1x Mk48 with 48 rounds+1 extra mag

1x M1911 with 3 mags

Plenty of medical supplies, food and drink.

Going good, now to make it to Dolina so I can get this over with.

As I close my gear screen I noticed the fog is back, and thicker than ever and the sound of about 50 or more zombies around me.

What comes next will haunt me for a really long time.

Barn doors are somehow closed, "He" is in front of me, this time with red glowing eyes and in a very deep, broken, and demonic voice he says.

"There will be no escape this time"

"You can not outrun, outsmart, or outgun fate"

"You will join the others, eternally suffering at a place mortals call "Green Mountain""

Side door opens, all of these zombies rush in.

Thankfully the door facing West opens.

I run toward the West, toward Dolina.

With these 50 zeds chasing me the whole time.

I run through the same building I was at 2 months ago to try and lose some of them.

The 3 slain survivors appear at the opposite door with bloody, pale faces.

I run around in panic when I notice something by a window.

The same window I was standing in front of 2 months ago.

IT'S HIM.

I approach him.

All zombies stop in the doorway to this room and become strangely quiet.

Then he says one last thing,

"Let's try this again, shall we?"

I reply in voice,

"I guess we shall"

As I turn to face the door the zombies resume their march, louder than ever.

I unload with my MG, after emptying the remaing rounds I load the last mag.

I must have put at least 100 down, they still keep coming.

Finally run out and switch to M1911

Still shooting, they overrun me, the last thing I see is "Him" still staring at me.

I die and respawn at Green Mountain Equiped with a hatchet and NVGs, in 3rd person I look similar to one of the "fallen survivors"

"He" does not interfere again, I appear to run a bit faster and my food/thirst does not go down.

I also can not pick up items or remove the hatchet as a weapon.

I managed to make my way to Zelenogorsk and was shot by a somone, either a bandit or someone scared of my appearance I then respawned normally with normal abilities.

that was the best story that ever heard amazing!!!!!!!!!!!! beans for you!!!!! ;) :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Like 5

best story ever!!!!!!!!!!!!! Andrew G my beans are yours now ;) :beans: :beans: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Looks like the L85 is soon to be an Urban Legend.

Though i must admit i did see some strange stuff using the scope. One night i saw a lone zombie standing atop a hill in Lingor, unmoving just looking towards me. I didnt investigate.

That's always my reaction too lol.

"hey... wtf is THAT!?.... actually don't need to know, not feeling curious today, let's leave right now!"

haha

I read every single page now and holy crap I love it. We should totaly group up and check That Mountain out. With 4 people or so. Does anybody finds time in the next few hours?

I was in Namalsk, heading west from Alakit. Making my way to the Northern army base, trying to get my brother (a fresh spawn) a weapon and some decent gear before meeting up with him.

I decided to approach from right at the coast, until I was directly south of the base. Just as I was about to head north and loot the base, I saw it. You could say it was on the 'corner' of the beach, smoking, potentially full of useful gear. A chopper crash site.

I could just make out the main gun, with most of the lower half of the chopper covered from my sight by a small hill. I weighed up the pros and cons of checking it out. I might find something rare, but I may die trying. There were going to be Z's, and with the chopper where it was they had only one direction to go. Towards me.

I decided to use the positioning to my advantage. Hoping that the zombies would approach in an orderly queue, I hit the dirt and began making my way towards the chopper, AS50 at the ready. I got lucky, and the zombies shuffled out, single file, straight towards me.

One shot, one kill. Then it happened.

One zombie, dressed head to toe in black, though not a pilot, appears from behind the chopper. He was the only aggro'd zombie, the rest were unaware that I'd begun to thin out their numbers. He was FAST. Overtaking the Z's in military gear within a second of being in my sight, he came hurtling along the coast towards me, faster than any zombie or survivor is supposed to move.

One shot, one hit. He keeps coming. I take aim, and put another in his torso. Still coming. I panic and stand up. By the time I do, he is 20 metres away. I shoot...miss. Fuck. I shoot again....hit. He goes down.

I left, hastily. This whole sequence happened over about 8 seconds, in which the black clad zombie covered about 300 metres.

I have a legend about Namalsk.

I had just spawned in again. Heading into the woods after being chased by some zombies I soon get lost in the woods. I poke around a bit, and I see a tent. Not having any loot, this was a blessing. I was nestled in a small forest of tall firs. The whole thing seemed unnatural, and the tent's foundation didn't look like it agreed with the ground. I went anyway. It was getting dark, so I turned my flashlight on, scanning the area for the zombies or players.

Inside, I found a pile of wood, some matches, and some raw meat steaks. I checked the player list. No one was on.

I climbed down the ladder, and turned around. Directly in my flashlight's beam, I see a man with a rusted axe staring at me in the face. My fingers went to the 's' and "shift' keys. I was now walking backwards, looking at this man. He didn't move at all.

All of a sudden, he broke into a run. I turned around and booked it, running into the forest. While he was chasing me, I could hear inhuman noises and shrill cries echoing across the landscape. I went into a thick layer of trees and turned off my light, lying prone on the ground. The noises stopped.

I started to look around, not seeing him anywhere. In an instant, he laid down right next to me, staring me in the face. I got up again and started running.

I went through the forest, hoping to lose him in the trees, staying low on contours and changing direction often. Sometimes the sounds would grow louder, sometimes fainter. I ran and eventually the noises stopped, and I finally found a concrete wall with a crawlspace next to it. I went through.

I was at the next town. I looked at the player list, and no one was on. Thankful my ordeal was over, I entered a barn, my flashlight on again.

While I was inside, I heard a zombie get agro'd and start to come toward me. I turned around to face him, and was welcomed by a hatchet in the face. Again, I heard the shrill cries.

Instead of "You Are Dead" popping up on the screen, a picture of a man around a burning campfire was there. The man had red eyes. The shrill cries hadn't stopped. I could now hear them in my headphones, growing louder and louder. I tore them off, and heard the sound on the speakers getting louder as well. I quit the game, but my desktop had now the gruesome picture of a man carrying my character's head with a raised, bloody hatchet. The sounds didn't stop.

I turned off the computer, and heard one final cry before the noise was extinguished into oblivion.

I come here with a warning my friends. The Woodsman exists. He is there and is waiting. If you find his tent to not take anything; it angers him. If you happen to offend him, then I wish you the best of luck.

• Like 4

Apparently if you go to the NorthWest Airfield, and stand on the tarmac with a burning flare while saying Bloody Mary three times, she will appear on top of the firehouse and shoot you in the skull. This happened to a friend of a friend of mine...

• Like 2

You've probably heard this one before, but here it is anyway:

My friend and I had found a huge camp north-west of Kamenka, in the very edge of the map. The camp lies in a rather dark forest, and is shaped like a horseshoe.

While it has just got dark, my friend runs around the camp with his night-vision, stopping every now and then to pick up some gear. I had just died for reasons unknown (I left my computer and went back to see the "You are dead"-screen. The weird thing is my buddy was right by my side the whole time...)

Then, his nightvision goes out. I hear him whisper over teamspeak: "Was that you?", and I feel the blood freezing in my veins. "No" I reply.

Then, my friend hears a dark, inhuman voice, saying "I see you". My friend is now panicking, shooting around like crazy. After a few shots, a silhouette appears in the momentary flash from the muzzle.

It is wearing a mask covering a bloody face, and has a hatchet. It sprints towards him, and his bullets do no harm to it. Instead, the beast insta-kills my friend with a blow from the hatchet.

When I get up to the mountain, his body is gone and there are no signs of forced entry. My friend was dead, however, and I heard the "I see you"-voice over TS.

Here's a link to the voice:

• Like 1

Well, this one time I was on a server with side chat, and the players were going on and on and on about this sniper that was on a hill. He must have done a good job; they just wouldn't stop talking about him.

I took a drink from my canteen and realized that the sniper was me. Feeling proud of myself, I re-located and shot someone who tried to sneak up on my old position.

• Like 2

Here is one for any namalsk fans. There is a rumor that SCP-106 is in the object AII bunker. http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-106

Me and my freind just got down the bunker on a populated server. We looted the bunker and got some good stuff and went deeper. The zombies were all the way at the bottem but we could hear them. We kept going down and picking up loot as we went along until we heard something. It sounded like a clab of concrete being grinded on steel. We continued anyway. Eventually another player came in. We went after him and he ran to the bottem of the bunker. When we got there we heard the sound again and we find him dead. I put a g17 mag in him to make sure but we were all woundering how he died because no zombies were near. We were halfway up the bunker leaving when we heard that sound followed by scary music. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV1X7_6vmPc

We saw a black figure come OUT of a wall. He was all black with no visable face... We disconnected and haven't got the guts to log back in yet because we are still in the bunker.

Anyone else have something odd happen in that bunker?

Edited by harley001

-snip-

Once, I was positioned in Elektro when I see 5 men start to pop out of a wall, guns raised. I freaked out, then realizing they were zombies, as they lowered their "weapons" and their skin loaded. Your specter was most likely an entity spawning in.

Still, we don't know....

Edited by Neko-san

Once, I was positioned in Elektro when I see 5 men start to pop out of a wall, guns raised. I freaked out, then realizing they were zombies, as they lowered their "weapons" and their skin loaded. Your specter was most likely an entity spawning in.

Still, we don't know....

Dosen't explain the noise. Though trolls could pull a move like this.

I got a ideal....

Edited by harley001

Dosen't explain the noise. Though trolls could pull a move like this.

I got a ideal....

Wasn't explaining the noise. Explaining the black figure.

Actually, if you look back in this thread, you'll see tons of sightings of this "black figure". It has led me to believe that it is one or more of a few things.

Number one on the list of possibilities: Yo' mama.

Number two: Slendy

Number three: rocket

Four: A freaking legend.

Of course, it might be your mom rocket disguised as slenderman who became a freaking legend.

Those are my theories. A proper investigation will ensue in the later days. Any worthwhile findings I will compile and write here for all to see.

Edited by Neko-san
  • Like 2

I went to green mountain but nothing out of the ordinary happened :I. There were only 4-5 zombies too and they were roaming around outside the gate