Sign in to follow this  
merci (DayZ)

gameplay very limited and stale

feels like there is nothing more to the game then hunting for gear and killing players. It would be nice to have something that would motivate me  more to play the game like the longer you survive the more the character develops. the reward for killing a player and taking all his gear is not enough most of the gear i already have. 

It would be nice to have that the longer you survive the more stuff you can craft so when i kill a player i gain 1 random item formula the player character has ever created in a form of a small scribbled note the player made. 

More unique items if i kill 6 players i can combine the formula to create a rare item so then if i kill 6 players who have crafter rare item i get a formula for even more rare item and so on

just need something that motivates me and rewards me to have a character survive for a long time.

eg warthunder the longer i play i get rewarded later on with high tier tanks so it motivates me to grind for it i played that game for 3 or 4 years played it since beta

over those years spent a lot of money everytime they throw a patch i buy something 

dayz i bought and played for 1 month and have just left it in hopes better contents will arrive  havent logged back in almost 7 months 

so please add something that motivates players to stick with the game just look around other online games and how they are motivating players to stick with them for a long time. dayz hardcore survival just doesnt cut it to motivate to play this game for a long time because there is no reward for surviving a long time other then loots 

dont mean to disrespect or bash just want this game to get better

just need something that motivates me and rewards me to have a character survive for a long time.

It's called the survival elements.  The main ingredient lacking from this game.

eg warthunder the longer i play i get rewarded later on with high tier tanks so it motivates me to grind for it i played that game for 3 or 4 years played it since beta

over those years spent a lot of money everytime they throw a patch i buy something 

Yes, we need a gear grind and micro-transactions to motivate us to play!

Seriously if the put that shit in I'm out.  

• Like 3

I think the problem is that you're playing the game wrong. You say that the only reason to play the game is to kill players. Now don't get me wrong here, I do think that PvP is an important part of the game and a viable playstyle. But DayZ is a sandbox game above all else. If you just shoot everyone you see, you are missing a significant portion of the game's content. It's like playing Skyrim and saying that it's boring because you just attack every NPC in the town until the guards get you rather than actually taking time to talk to the NPCs or explore or anything.

In DayZ, the core of the content is supplied by other players. So try and find some player interaction that doesn't involve KOS. Rob someone without killing them, torture bambis, even try going hero and feeding/healing/offering help to anyone you meet.

The major advantage that a PvP experience has over a PvE one is that it can always be competitive and challenging; no matter how good you are, someone else can always be better. Thus the content is player-generated. What's special about DayZ compared to standard PvP games is that the players can generate a much wider variety of content than just shooting people.

You don't have to kill six people to craft or survive, in fact you don't have to kill anything apart from the occasional apple or pig.

Warthunder  :blush:

• Like 1