Sign in to follow this  
Spyro (DayZ)

Auto Run. It Might Stop People From Committing Suicide For A Different Spawns

DayZ SA needs an auto run feature. It would help tremendously when running long distances. I don't see how it could harm the gameplay in any way, if anything it might cause people to stop committing suicide for a better spawn. Anyone have any thoughts on the subject?

you just gotta think outside the box i used to use a little paper weight device that fits right on my run key i know others use it to it usually get me in trouble for the simple fact i'm drinkin coffee smokin a cig BS'n on TS then bam gunfight ensues and i'm bumbling around trying to get right and i'm dead all because i'm lazy. such is the woes of the autorun and the reason i don't use it anymore.

Well I'm not sure about stopping the suicide rate but...

Search Results
Your results for the term auto run limited to the first 200...

I'm just being informative.

• Like 3

you just gotta think outside the box i used to use a little paper weight device that fits right on my run key i know others use it to it usually get me in trouble for the simple fact i'm drinkin coffee smokin a cig BS'n on TS then bam gunfight ensues and i'm bumbling around trying to get right and i'm dead all because i'm lazy. such is the woes of the autorun and the reason i don't use it anymore.

Yeah I made a macro on my keyboard that basically holds down the Sprint key when I press it. The problem is it's hard to turn off. An auto run feature similar to the one in the Arma 3 mod Breaking Point would be great. It auto runs until you press the walk key then it switches to the key your pressing. I dont know if that made sense or not but it works great.

Well I'm not sure about stopping the suicide rate but...

Search Results

Your results for the term auto run limited to the first 200...

I'm just being informative.

Most people suicide for two reason, they do not want to run for a long distance or they are trying to meet up with their friends. I just think that with an auto run feature less people will suicide every time they spawn.

He was just saying that this has been beat to death as an idea and brought up numerous times. People should get in the habit of using the search bar before they make a topic (as its probably been thought of before and shot down)

He was just saying that this has been beat to death as an idea and brought up numerous times. People should get in the habit of using the search bar before they make a topic (as its probably been thought of before and shot doYea

Yeah I got that.

I don't see how it would prevent newspawn suicides. People suicide because they are far from where they want to be, not because they are too lazy to hold down a button.

Every suicide after the first one, within 5 minutes, should add another 30 seconds.  You're not suppose to get your own special spawn.