Sign in to follow this  
Antitorque

Where to find: Shotgun shells and .45ACP

Hey guys, it may be simply because these items do not spawn in .57 often, but I have been playing this build quite a bit the last few weeks, and am having trouble locating either of these 2 ammunition types. I have found hundreds of not thousands of most of the other caliber ammunition, but probably only about 30 shotgun shells, and maybe 50 rounds of .45, all in magazines, never in a box or loose. Is this a known issue? Perhaps intended? Or am I not surfing the right parts of the map?

I would like to see shotgun ammo more common, the double barrel is a great weapon for a loner who avoids confrontation usually, but I always leave the scatterguns because I can never seem to feed them.

Thanks in advance

I always unload the .45 shells from mags found at guard houses. Shotgun shells I find in junk yards and the out buildings from houses, like sheds or storage unit types.

• Like 2

Only place I've ever seen .45 ammo boxes are at American heli crash sites.

I found a shotgun shell box on top of one of those red cars that cant be opened. First Ive found in 0.57. Loose shells can be found in guradhouses, aprtments, prison buildings and even police stations. .45 acp seems to only spawn at heli crashes, very weird. And the magazines at guard houses ofcourse.

Thanks for the replies guys, the guardhouses this build seem to be the most reliable spawn for well..most everything lol. I will check the cars, junkyards, and outbuildings and see what sort of luck I have, and report back any other notable findings.

I'm not sure why they increased rarity of shot shells and 45 acp is only in mags or heli crashes another thing that doesn't make since if 1911s are civilian why only have 45 acp only spawn in heli crashes and in magazines. Same goes with SKS ammo it has two civilian guns (used to be 3) and the ammo only spawns in mil doesn't make sence.

Any .45 ACP rounds I find are in FNX mags that I find in guard buildings mostly. Since the .57 temporary loot changes I don't see many boxes, if I need .45 ACP I end up having to find and empty FNX mags.