Sign in to follow this  
Steven89

what is going on ? no server works

hi guys....update me pls because something is fucked and i dont think that they are bringing out the new patch ?

did someone hack the main server or what

If you took time to actually read the announcements and threads that have been flying around all day - the HIVE server has been subjected to a rather disturbing DDoS attack. The servers have been functional for a couple of periods of an hour or so throughout the day, but the attack is continuous and is causing a lot of issues, hence why HIVE is offline. In this state, you won't be able to connect to any server.

DDoS kids....ohh my god....i swear this shit needs to stop....i hope they find them guys and just put them to jail....thanks for explaining :D

seriously faggot kids

I dont understand though - just an hour ago, rocket twittered that the servers are fully restored? At that point, they started working again, yet they fail now? What's wrong.

I'll be honest with you, the Twitter feed is very slow at updating on issues. Server owners have the means to obtain further information, but this is only for server owners / hosters.

If you took time to actually read the announcements and threads that have been flying around all day - the HIVE server has been subjected to a rather disturbing DDoS attack. The servers have been functional for a couple of periods of an hour or so throughout the day' date=' but the attack is continuous and is causing a lot of issues, hence why HIVE is offline. In this state, you won't be able to connect to any server.

[/quote']

The only thread I find in the first 2-3 pages in the announcement section is about the "hive being dropped" due to a hack attack and it was posted 15th of June. So enlighten me please with a link.

Really, me neither can't play in any of the servers and this should be TOP news, and still need to search super hard to find an answer.

Yeah, same here. Been trying to get in, and able to stay in for 5 min tops before session closed message comes up. And it took forever to get in.

Why someone would want to use DDoS attack on Dayz is beyond me. Absolutely nothing to gain from that imo.

A huge amount of hackers have been banned, so the reason is for you to figure out.

Kids dont have anything better to do, they're fueled with rage and this is how they express it.

First port of call: https://twitter.com/#!/dayzdevteam

Second port of call: #DayZ on gamesurge.net

Third port of call: Announcements Subforum, first thread (non sticky)

I could continue, but I'm tired, and really ought to be asleep right now.

Yeah' date=' same here. Been trying to get in, and able to stay in for 5 min tops before session closed message comes up. And it took forever to get in.

Why someone would want to use DDoS attack on Dayz is beyond me. Absolutely nothing to gain from that imo.

[/quote']

1. People with nothing to do with their spare time

2. Loosers that feel better this way

3. Kids for supposedly fame and glory/bragging etc

4. People with dillusions of grandeur

5. Other companies [ok that's a little far fetched]

First port of call: https://twitter.com/#!/dayzdevteam

Second port of call: #DayZ on gamesurge.net

Third port of call: Announcements Subforum' date=' first thread (non sticky)

I could continue, but I'm tired, and really ought to be asleep right now.

[/quote']

I don't use twitter and neither use 3rd party sites to get the info that I supposedly can get via these forums.

Somehow I pray for the hackers not to be found, ddos'ing a server can result in a very long time sitting (Jail). That's how frustrated these kids are, risking it all for a ban they deserve.

All I know is, this is the only chance for me to play an all-nighter and it's borked. Can we say massive sad face dot com. A moment of silence won't go amiss either

I don't use twitter and neither use 3rd party sites to get the info that I supposedly can get via these forums.

Third point - these very forums.

And as for the second point, it's not a third party website, it's a channel on the Gamesurge IRC network.

Either way, all the information can be found on this site, you just need to know where to look for it ;)

The HIVE has been subject to DDoS attack throughout the day. Functionality will be restored eventually, but until then the servers are down. If you do find an online server, odds are you'll spawn in the debug forest.

Keep calm and play a few OA missions. Do the helicopter tutorial. Go outside.

Third point - these very forums.

And as for the second point' date=' it's not a third party website, it's a channel on the Gamesurge IRC network.

Either way, all the information can be found on this site, you just need to know where to look for it ;)

[/quote']

As I've stated in another thread, a thread about it called "DayZ back up and running" is greatly misleading when you are looking for the exact opposite.

link: http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=26199

Cheaters in online games need to be shot, cheaters who get banned for cheating then attack the server like little 12 year olds calling names, need to be set on fire then shot. It makes me really mad, cause its just plain childish and a waste of life. btw first post, freaking love this game. been wanting zombie survival hardcore game for years.

Rocket i just want to say thanks for having the balls to make something different and thinking outside the box. you showed the big name companies what gamers really want, and we proved it with our wallets and now these other companies get to set back and regret it because they was to scared to make something new. just..... thanks man

Hey well, look at it this way , the script kiddies are not good enough to even play the game on even terms but they are ok at copy n paste..after being banned they see fit to make grief for everyone and get some sort of bragging rights as if they have accomplished something worthwhile ,

Consider yourselves at least a few large notches above their socially devoid existence and it's all not really that bad :) Plus the original 30 bucks you spent on the game is still valid, they are out of pocket as well as angry at their own ineptness as an individual.

Its all good. Just got to put up with some server downtime now and again. Its life..you bump into retards everyday, there is no avoiding them.

Shooting range and chopper for me haha. Arma 2 is actually a lot of fun regardless. Too bad the script kiddies can't be easily traced though. I would love a post with news articles about fines and jail time haha. That would make my whole month.

Shooting range and chopper for me haha. Arma 2 is actually a lot of fun regardless. Too bad the script kiddies can't be easily traced though. I would love a post with news articles about fines and jail time haha. That would make my whole month.

Maybe not the kiddies, but the heads of the snake can. Mr. Medic's head should be on a spike along with whoever the other heads are. Someone has to have been watching this 'community' and has dox on all these fucks.

RELEASE that shit and let the chips fall where they may.