Sign in to follow this  
stielhandgranate

Revert the ammo can back to 8 squares for ammo

This is unsat-

2oXxqG1.jpg

Ammocans of this size can carry way more than 120 intermediate rifle cartridges.

Q: Dale Gribble how could you know how much an ammo can could carry?

A: Good question,

EDS3OPD.jpg

Ammocan of same size. And in the next photo we can see 490 M855 5.56 rounds in stripper clips.

v1SRzeg.jpg

• Like 1

This is unsat-

2oXxqG1.jpg

Ammocans of this size can carry way more than 120 intermediate rifle cartridges.

Q: Dale Gribble how could you know how much an ammo can could carry?

A: Good question,

EDS3OPD.jpg

Ammocan of same size. And in the next photo we can see 490 M855 5.56 rounds in stripper clips.

v1SRzeg.jpg

Now that the can only holds 4, its the same as putting 4 stacks of ammo in your inventory, and the box also says 300 rounds :huh: . One must question the developer's logic on this one....

Edited by WilBischof
  • Like 1

i think they change the containers and or med kits 2 4 slots aswell which is pretty odd.. i mean whats the point other than a little pointless protection ?

I'm guessing a temp fix, while they set up the new inventory system, because as far as I can tell, you may still stack items in others, and type-restriction isn't implemented into the inventory yet. 

Back in 0.whenever, med kits held only medical supplies, ammo boxes only ammo, and cooking pots only food, this kept them from being exploited, but with stacking, an ammo box could potentially hold a infinite number of other boxes that increase exponetially, so. as it stands now, deal.

also, this solution is pretty good compared to removing them from the game until the system is properly configured.

and why complain about extra protection? people try to murder you every time you play, I've survived getting shot with a mosin close range almost without damage, because of protector cases.

Yeah I suspect it's part of the new inventory system. I've noticed that most (maybe all) items that have storage have a size equivalent to the number of items it can store. The protector case has been extended to be 6 slots instead of 4, and has a capacity of 6. This is good. Medkits and ammo boxes, since they can only store specific item types, should have a larger capacity.

But yeah, I'm pretty sure it's temporary. Certainly it'll go a long way towards fixing infinite inventories.